Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050522 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #18600 on: October 08, 2021, 10:00:12 AM »
If you're not fuming at the mouth about all things covid, you're irrational, yla.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #18601 on: October 08, 2021, 10:00:25 AM »
I’m going to for sure get my booster when I’m eligible. Going to get my flu shot at the same time which is really convenient. Mid October.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18602 on: October 08, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
I’m going to for sure get my booster when I’m eligible. Going to get my flu shot at the same time which is really convenient. Mid October.
Hell yeah

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18603 on: October 08, 2021, 10:11:40 AM »
It's @sonofdaxjones

SS7BOT just keeps lying and lying like the lying weirdo he's always been and always will be.

Any discussion about issues or problems with the vax or how case counts in highly vax'd countries were (and in some cases are) very high and lying weirdo SS7BOT construes that as being anti-vax.

I've been pro vax since the very beginning.

In your social life are you so pro-vax?  Do you openly admit you have been vaxxed?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18604 on: October 08, 2021, 10:12:16 AM »

I don't believe in getting the vaccine if I have the antibodies you are correct. Think I have stated several times if I no longer show to have the antibodies I would at that time get vaccinated.
Why does that bother you so much?

So you are fine being excluded from the private businesses that make that choice right?
If my business required it I wouldn't have a problem getting the shot

I don't believe in getting the vaccine if I have the antibodies you are correct. Think I have stated several times if I no longer show to have the antibodies I would at that time get vaccinated.
The fact that you aren't getting the shot doesn't bother me. What bothers me is you're telling us about it and trying to pretend you're being rational.
How is it not rational? How long ago was your vaccination? Have you checked if you still carry the antibodies? Have you had your booster?

It's not rational because you have the opportunity to get superior immunity and you're declining that opportunity. There's no logical reason for this other than weird politics or fear of side effects.

I'm ineligible for a booster, but I'll get it as soon as I'm eligible, regardless of my antibody status. (I'll also get a flu shot).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18605 on: October 08, 2021, 10:13:39 AM »
If you're not fuming at the mouth about all things covid, you're irrational, yla.
I think he shouldn't get vaxxed because he doesn't want to!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18606 on: October 08, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »
Did we decide if I can mix pfizer with a moderna chaser?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18607 on: October 08, 2021, 10:23:06 AM »
It's @sonofdaxjones

SS7BOT just keeps lying and lying like the lying weirdo he's always been and always will be.

Any discussion about issues or problems with the vax or how case counts in highly vax'd countries were (and in some cases are) very high and lying weirdo SS7BOT construes that as being anti-vax.

In your social life are you so pro-vax?  Do you openly admit you have been vaxxed?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would I not tell people?   Who do you think I hang around with?   My entire family is vax'ed, my immediate family and the extended family that I stay in touch with, everybody, except for my wife's niece's husband, who is a know-it-all (Liberal) dipshit.   I'm contemplating not allowing him to come to a family gathering at our house next weekend, and my daughter and her partner are considering not allowing him to come to their wedding in early January.   My daughter is a public health professional who right now is running a program at the ECU school of medicine to increase vax's among the migrant Latino community in Eastern North Carolina.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18608 on: October 08, 2021, 10:26:19 AM »
It's @sonofdaxjones

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would I not tell people?   Who do you think I hang around with?   My entire family is vax'ed, my immediate family and the extended family that I stay in touch with, everybody, except for my wife's niece's husband, who is a know-it-all (Liberal) dipshit.   I'm contemplating not allowing him to come to a family gathering at our house next weekend, and my daughter and her partner are considering not allowing him to come to their wedding in early January.   My daughter is a public health professional who right now is running a program at the ECU school of medicine to increase vax's among the migrant Latino community in Eastern North Carolina.

:cheers:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #18609 on: October 08, 2021, 12:49:18 PM »
My sister gets the booster on Monday.  She had a shitty reaction to the second pfizer chip (like me) so it will be interesting to see if this whips her ass too.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18610 on: October 08, 2021, 12:55:18 PM »
Please report back. I’m just going to plan for a bedridden shitty day either way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18611 on: October 08, 2021, 12:55:42 PM »
But I had zero reaction to the first two so :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18612 on: October 08, 2021, 12:57:41 PM »

That means your tiny little anty bodies don't march properly. I'm sorry.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18613 on: October 08, 2021, 12:58:09 PM »
I am planning on fist-pumping the toxins out just like the last 2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18614 on: October 08, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »

That means your tiny little anty bodies don't march properly. I'm sorry.
I know :-(

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18615 on: October 08, 2021, 01:39:06 PM »

So you are fine being excluded from the private businesses that make that choice right?
If my business required it I wouldn't have a problem getting the shot

The fact that you aren't getting the shot doesn't bother me. What bothers me is you're telling us about it and trying to pretend you're being rational.
How is it not rational? How long ago was your vaccination? Have you checked if you still carry the antibodies? Have you had your booster?

It's not rational because you have the opportunity to get superior immunity and you're declining that opportunity. There's no logical reason for this other than weird politics or fear of side effects.

I'm ineligible for a booster, but I'll get it as soon as I'm eligible, regardless of my antibody status. (I'll also get a flu shot).
Thats great! Honestly neither of those reasons if we are being completely honest. Maybe its apathy? Not purple apathy though because that guys a big nancy neg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18616 on: October 08, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »
https://www.barrons.com/articles/dow-chemical-stock-zero-carbon-51633466849

Some scientists who have studied the drug warn, however, that the method it uses to kill the virus that causes Covid-19 carries potential dangers that could limit the drug’s usefulness.

Molnupiravir works by incorporating itself into the genetic material of the virus, and then causing a huge number of mutations as the virus replicates, effectively killing it. In some lab tests, the drug has also shown the ability to integrate into the genetic material of mammalian cells, causing mutations as those cells replicate.

If that were to happen in the cells of a patient being treated with molnupiravir, it could theoretically lead to cancer or birth defects.

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/224/3/415/6272009?login=true

However, NHC also displays host mutational activity in an animal cell culture assay, consistent with RNA and DNA precursors sharing a common intermediate of a ribonucleoside diphosphate. These results indicate highly active mutagenic ribonucleosides may hold risk for the host.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18617 on: October 08, 2021, 07:11:03 PM »
https://www.barrons.com/articles/dow-chemical-stock-zero-carbon-51633466849

Some scientists who have studied the drug warn, however, that the method it uses to kill the virus that causes Covid-19 carries potential dangers that could limit the drug’s usefulness.

Molnupiravir works by incorporating itself into the genetic material of the virus, and then causing a huge number of mutations as the virus replicates, effectively killing it. In some lab tests, the drug has also shown the ability to integrate into the genetic material of mammalian cells, causing mutations as those cells replicate.

If that were to happen in the cells of a patient being treated with molnupiravir, it could theoretically lead to cancer or birth defects.

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/224/3/415/6272009?login=true

However, NHC also displays host mutational activity in an animal cell culture assay, consistent with RNA and DNA precursors sharing a common intermediate of a ribonucleoside diphosphate. These results indicate highly active mutagenic ribonucleosides may hold risk for the host.

I'm glad they're testing this drug before forcing us to take it, because woof. Sounds scary.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18618 on: October 09, 2021, 04:45:39 PM »
I didn’t know where to post this but it’s just driving me nuts. The vast majority of the Bitcoin/crypto community on twitter are sooooooooo rough ridin' stupid with this stuff. I guess maybe it’s because that’s why they’re in the crypto space because of freedom of money and whatever but good rough ridin' god. Otherwise very smart people are so anti-vaxx and anti-mask and it just really pisses me off because they post about it constantly.

/rant
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18619 on: October 09, 2021, 05:29:00 PM »

I didn’t know where to post this but it’s just driving me nuts. The vast majority of the Bitcoin/crypto community on twitter are sooooooooo rough ridin' stupid with this stuff. I guess maybe it’s because that’s why they’re in the crypto space because of freedom of money and whatever but good rough ridin' god. Otherwise very smart people are so anti-vaxx and anti-mask and it just really pisses me off because they post about it constantly.

/rant

ARE they otherwise very smart?

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18620 on: October 09, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Good podcast with Gottlieb:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-remnant-with-jonah-goldberg/id1291144720?i=1000537901530

Beford says Covid may become an endemic thing that causes 80k deaths per year.

Vax immunity is probably better than “natural”

Among other interesting topics. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #18621 on: October 09, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »

/rant
LOL, how did you only just now discover that the crypto community is overrun by conspiracy nut jobs?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18622 on: October 09, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-remnant-with-jonah-goldberg/id1291144720?i=1000537901530

Gottlieb is the man

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18623 on: October 09, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »

Gottlieb is the man
Jonah tried to get him to speculate on where the Russian vax was crap or awesome and he wouldn't take the bait.

Also, talked about how we need to hear more data about which interventions / mitigation measures were actually useful and at what cost to society for the benefit. For example, I think the bang for buck ratio would be something like: vaccines >>> monoclonal antibodies >>> masks in crowded indoor spaces >> banning indoor dining > closing schools > spraying lysol on library books > wearing masks while hiking in the forest, etc, etc.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18624 on: October 10, 2021, 12:19:00 AM »

Same with me, but for the third Pfizer said eff your feelings, it sucked.