Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1066900 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16400 on: July 09, 2021, 12:21:51 AM »
Dax's 'chips should be removed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16401 on: July 09, 2021, 06:44:06 AM »
Dax's 'chips should be removed.
If you talk about the massively inflated Covid statistics which caused people like me to continually meltdown like a small child.  You should be de-vaxed (Trim)

Next up, plus 35 PCR cycle testing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16402 on: July 09, 2021, 07:30:11 AM »
Considering vaccines have only really been fully available for a couple of months I don't see how that's helpful.

I don't think you're trying very hard to see how it could be helpful. which is fine
So one party can argue with the other one that they are right? Don't think pre vaccine their would be any actual scientific help in it at all.

no it's so leaders can better understand how to message to both parties pre and post vaccine.
You honestly believe that would work? (honestly asking) same for media coverage as well

it's worth a shot. the info isn't not for politicians, it's for community health departments, CDC, FDA, etc. If they failed to reach one party, why did it happen? what could they do differently?

why does this make you so uncomfortable?
doesn't make me uncomfortable at all but there are a lot of factors that would need further asked or pushed in my opinion. Has that person changed political party and just not informed, education background, health background, race, etc.  Seems like this would be a nice ESPN stat though
https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/1413468151686352897

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16403 on: July 09, 2021, 07:41:06 AM »
Looks like we've got an old fashioned booster showdown.   Given how Big Pharma owns this administration, I suggest you angle your money towards BP.

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1413306651625594894?s=20

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16404 on: July 09, 2021, 07:55:21 AM »
Considering vaccines have only really been fully available for a couple of months I don't see how that's helpful.

I don't think you're trying very hard to see how it could be helpful. which is fine
So one party can argue with the other one that they are right? Don't think pre vaccine their would be any actual scientific help in it at all.

no it's so leaders can better understand how to message to both parties pre and post vaccine.
You honestly believe that would work? (honestly asking) same for media coverage as well

it's worth a shot. the info isn't not for politicians, it's for community health departments, CDC, FDA, etc. If they failed to reach one party, why did it happen? what could they do differently?

why does this make you so uncomfortable?
doesn't make me uncomfortable at all but there are a lot of factors that would need further asked or pushed in my opinion. Has that person changed political party and just not informed, education background, health background, race, etc.  Seems like this would be a nice ESPN stat though
https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/1413468151686352897

Yep he’s probably the worst of all of them.. such a punchable face too

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16405 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »
Dallas apparently just reached herd immunity. I guess it doesn’t mean quite as much since there are still vulnerable pockets, but 80% either vaxxed or had it now.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-county-reaches-herd-immunity-against-covid-19-health-department-says/2675346/

Dallas does not have herd immunity. It's hilarious to have a headline that says that, then the article has an embedded video explaining exactly why Dallas doesn't have herd immunity.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16406 on: July 09, 2021, 10:19:17 AM »
Dallas apparently just reached herd immunity. I guess it doesn’t mean quite as much since there are still vulnerable pockets, but 80% either vaxxed or had it now.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus/dallas-county-reaches-herd-immunity-against-covid-19-health-department-says/2675346/

Dallas does not have herd immunity. It's hilarious to have a headline that says that, then the article has an embedded video explaining exactly why Dallas doesn't have herd immunity.
Where did the video say that?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16408 on: July 09, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
it's a response to the uk planning to open back up (again) after partially closing (again).

so, as far as my posting indicates an endorsement of the view expressed, it's complicated as fundamentally i don't give a crap if unvaccinated people get sick and/or die if they've been offered a chance to be vaccinated and have chosen not to be.

i suppose it gets a little more complicated in countries that have used higher proportions of less effective vaccines than were available in the u.s.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16409 on: July 09, 2021, 10:55:24 AM »

The article also lays it out pretty clearly if you want to take a read. They just set a herd immunity “goal” of 80%, and they estimate the county has now reached that between vaccine and natural immunity. The headline is not misleading unless you assume herd immunity means something it doesn’t really mean.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16410 on: July 09, 2021, 11:02:23 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16411 on: July 09, 2021, 02:47:06 PM »
The ongoing stupidity relative to this topic from the @sys bot is truly a wonder to behold

Who are these "most scientists"? 

If this was purely a zoonotic play then why have and are the Chinese doing what they're doing?   If a zoonotic origin is absolute fact why wouldn't Xi immediately want to hit the pressure relief valve and make that plainly known and produce the information needed to reach that conclusion?    China is still feeling extreme economic backlash and pressures because of SARS-Covid-19, a zoonotic origin relieves that, a lab leak ratchets it up even more. 

No one knows (outside of China) the true origin of SAR-Covid-19.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:51:18 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: July 09, 2021, 02:57:58 PM »
Oh, and the "This is a Fox News" thing is just the most hilarious  :lol: form of the typical #blueanon non critical thinking.

I've posted numerous non Fox news articles including an article by a NYT's investigative reporter published in NYMag.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: July 09, 2021, 03:09:57 PM »

Where did the video say that?

The video in the middle of the page that says "what is herd immunity and how do we get it."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: July 09, 2021, 03:23:29 PM »

The article also lays it out pretty clearly if you want to take a read. They just set a herd immunity “goal” of 80%, and they estimate the county has now reached that between vaccine and natural immunity. The headline is not misleading unless you assume herd immunity means something it doesn’t really mean.

I read the article, and I'm not certain why you assumed I didn't. That video embedded in the article list multiple factors that one could use to contradict the claims that Dallas County has herd immunity.

Setting aside the flimsy standard they have used to assign themselves herd immunity. You have to question the actual value in this context when it's a solitary county in a massive metropolitan area with people constantly coming in and out. And even more so part of a bigger area that has a very low vaccination rate. Just yesterday I read an article about Texas becoming the next Delta variant hotspot.

They can claim Dallas County as a place that has achieved herd immunity all they want, doesn't really mean anything though. You'd have to have your head in the sand to think they're better off than any other large metro in America, especially one with a vaccination rate under 50%.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: July 09, 2021, 03:29:36 PM »
poor dax is torn between the trump anti-vax campaign and the reality that he has to get vaxxed because covid absolutely kills out of shape olds in the south.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: July 09, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
poor dax is torn between the trump anti-vax campaign and the reality that he has to get vaxxed because covid absolutely kills out of shape olds in the south.

Rage Friday with Slow Dug has begun.

Has?

Looking at Missourah, numbers look real low as well.

But SlowDug, being an extreme non-thinker is going to roll with "most scientists" (whoever they are) just like he's told.

Missourah:  Part of the blubbery Crackerbelt Quadrangle

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16417 on: July 09, 2021, 03:35:21 PM »

I read the article, and I'm not certain why you assumed I didn't. That video embedded in the article list multiple factors that one could use to contradict the claims that Dallas County has herd immunity.

Setting aside the flimsy standard they have used to assign themselves herd immunity. You have to question the actual value in this context when it's a solitary county in a massive metropolitan area with people constantly coming in and out. And even more so part of a bigger area that has a very low vaccination rate. Just yesterday I read an article about Texas becoming the next Delta variant hotspot.

They can claim Dallas County as a place that has achieved herd immunity all they want, doesn't really mean anything though. You'd have to have your head in the sand to think they're better off than any other large metro in America, especially one with a vaccination rate under 50%.
I will grant that the “herd immunity” tag is pretty much meaningless both because it’s not a clearly defined term and because it’s unrealistic to call a US county a “herd.” But it is definitely meaningful when all but 20% your population has some level of immunity to an otherwise highly transmittable and dangerous virus.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16418 on: July 09, 2021, 04:18:54 PM »

Has?

But SlowDug, being an extreme non-thinker is going to roll with "most scientists" (whoever they are) just like he's told.

On the list of your geezer freakouts, this is up there.  I was only pointing out the reality that you politely rolled up your sleeve to get vaxxed while still clinging to the anti-vax trumper philosophy.  You are stuck between wanting to continue life versus the fat/loser trump lifestyle of denial. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16420 on: July 09, 2021, 05:06:29 PM »

I will grant that the “herd immunity” tag is pretty much meaningless both because it’s not a clearly defined term and because it’s unrealistic to call a US county a “herd.”

Nether of those were my point, at all.  Herd immunity does have meaning and it is something that is tangibly achievable as it has been for many other diseases worldwide. Herd immunity is meaningless the way people are trying to use it for COVID. It's far too early to know what the percentage for herd immunity is, people are just guessing right now, it will take more time to truly know. Also the herd is the country, as it always has been. Not a city, county, or even state. Our society is far too mobile for the herd to be a micro measure.

I get the need for wins and optimism when it comes to COVID, but even in a post-truth America, we can't redefine science to fit our wants and needs.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: July 09, 2021, 05:31:56 PM »

Has?

On the list of your geezer freakouts, this is up there.  I was only pointing out the reality that you politely rolled up your sleeve to get vaxxed while still clinging to the anti-vax trumper philosophy.  You are stuck between wanting to continue life versus the fat/loser trump lifestyle of denial.

My recent posts have literally nothing do with being anti-vax.   WTF does the origin of the SARS-Covid-19 have to do with being Anti-Vax?

In addition, it's just  :lol: that you actually believe that's its just 'Trumpers'  who don't want to get vaccinated.   The endemic of Low IQ group think by resident ProgFascists is astounding.   

In your state, only 31% of the total black population had been vaccinated by 7/4, are they all 'Trumpers'"?    In Kansas, only 30% of the total black population had been vaccinated by 7/4, are they 'Trumpers'?    In Iowa, 22% of the total black population had been vaccinated by 7/4, they all MAGA?     In Kansas 34% of the total Hispanic population has been vaccinated, Iowa 29%  Lotta Trumpers rollin around in the Hispanic population up there?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: July 09, 2021, 07:35:47 PM »
I’m just asking questions here

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: July 09, 2021, 08:06:58 PM »
I’m just asking questions here

Last I heard, it's a free country. This checks out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: July 09, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »
Sad