Author Topic: gene taylor is so small time  (Read 11316 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: gene taylor is so small time
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2021, 02:38:23 PM »
$950,000. holy crap.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2021, 02:40:04 PM »
lol he is going to ride off into the sunset and do exactly jack.  No facilities upgrades, no coaching changes.  This is like pressing an AD "pause" button until 2026.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2021, 02:50:21 PM »
lol he is going to ride off into the sunset and do exactly jack.  No facilities upgrades, no coaching changes.  This is like pressing an AD "pause" button until 2026.

You included this on accident, right, if not LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2021, 03:14:56 PM »
i'm fine with it from a competitive standpoint, i guess.

but there are no particular competitive results that you can point to that warrant it, and gene taylor doesn't exactly strike me as someone looking to move elsewhere. and what school is going to be eager to pay him more than what he was already making? maybe there are some, i don't know.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2021, 03:28:35 PM »
What's the going rate for a P5 AD?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2021, 03:52:18 PM »

You included this on accident, right, if not LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

I don't read the stadium thread.  Do we have some coming?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2021, 03:56:25 PM »
South end zone expansion Pete, they were building it during last season.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2021, 03:58:02 PM »
I've also been privy to a lot of discussions about the new indoor practice facility, that should be starting soonish.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2021, 04:05:22 PM »
Oh, and also the new volleyball arena/Olympic training center is on that same soonish timeline

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:32 PM »
I've also been privy to a lot of discussions about the new indoor practice facility, that should be starting soonish.

I've heard it will be announced this fall. We have also completed projects for soccer, and baseball. The indoor track project will start as soon as the football team is out of their current facility, but that isn't on the building champions website so I don't know if the money is raised or if it has been abandoned. I also understand that they are close on volleyball, haven't heard anything about the OTC.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
Volleyball and otc share a building in the version I'm familiar with.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »
Volleyball and otc share a building in the version I'm familiar with.

I know the buildings are to be connected, but I was always under the impression that they would be separate projects. All of the volleyball locker rooms, weight rooms, offices, etc. are on their own side of the building. They're certainly fundraising as if they are going to build them independent of each other.

https://www.kstatesports.com/documents/2019/9/6/BuildingChampionsBook.pdf

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2021, 04:33:13 PM »
Yeah I don't know anything about fundraising, just a construction nerd that has done some budget analysis

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2021, 05:28:44 PM »

We pay ours the least in the Big 12
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:37 PM »

We pay ours the least in the Big 12

i believe ku is currently paying 0 american dollars

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
So I guess they will announce some new projects because the south is the oldest rough ridin' news since the baseball lockers and was not something that counts going fwd.  we shall see if I’m right or if I’m wrong and some large new projects are produced by Gene following this extension

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »
Come on man, even if you don't want to count baseball and soccer for some weird reason, the entire building champions campaign, that includes the south end zone, are his projects. Yes, Currie had provisional plans for a south end zone, but not a single penny was raised. The rest of the project is so far down the road that it's nearly impossible that it won't be completed.

If you insist on playing the role of perpetually butthurt fan and want to die on this hill, you can use the Bramlage project for that, but the Building Champions project is pretty much a wrap.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2021, 10:10:45 AM »

Tough to say with bonus's and additional compensation that can go unrecorded. The article below is from 2018.

https://www.cnhinews.com/cnhi/sports/article_7504ab64-57c1-11e8-a10f-d3d08ec2f6ce.html

Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech      $1.45M
Chris Del Conte, Texas         $1.43M
Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma    $1.15M
Shane Lyons, West Virginia   $920k
Jamie Pollard, Iowa State     $868k
Sheahan Zenger, Kansas      $700k
Mike Holder, Oklahoma State$645k
Gene Taylor, K-State            $500k

But yeah, his motivation for doing anything worthwhile is probably at 0% at this point.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »
it was poorly executed from a PR standpoint. timing feels off. probably would have looked better in the summer.

they just moved a home game from MHK to cowboys stadium in large part because they are strapped for cash. the ADept loves to talk (maybe not publicly) about how little extra cash they have right now and then the AD suddenly gets a 350k raise while the world is still dealing with a pandemic.

the line in the press release about hiring Pete Hughes who "took them to the Big 12 Championship in the first season" is factually correct but just a bad look.

but at the end of the day no one is going to do anything about it so who cares. hope it results in more wins.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2021, 10:25:45 AM »
it was poorly executed from a PR standpoint. timing feels off. probably would have looked better in the summer.

they just moved a home game from MHK to cowboys stadium in large part because they are strapped for cash. the ADept loves to talk (maybe not publicly) about how little extra cash they have right now and then the AD suddenly gets a 350k raise while the world is still dealing with a pandemic.

the line in the press release about hiring Pete Hughes who "took them to the Big 12 Championship in the first season" is factually correct but just a bad look.

but at the end of the day no one is going to do anything about it so who cares. hope it results in more wins.

what?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2021, 10:26:04 AM »

Tough to say with bonus's and additional compensation that can go unrecorded. The article below is from 2018.

https://www.cnhinews.com/cnhi/sports/article_7504ab64-57c1-11e8-a10f-d3d08ec2f6ce.html

Kirby Hocutt, Texas Tech      $1.45M
Chris Del Conte, Texas         $1.43M
Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma    $1.15M
Shane Lyons, West Virginia   $920k
Jamie Pollard, Iowa State     $868k
Sheahan Zenger, Kansas      $700k
Mike Holder, Oklahoma State$645k
Gene Taylor, K-State            $500k

But yeah, his motivation for doing anything worthwhile is probably at 0% at this point.

Taylor's raise is definitely a right sizing. When all of this cycles out he's probably going to be ahead of Chad Weiberg and whomever the new KU AD will be, unless they decide to once again, foolishly go and spend a ton of money on getting a name that will allow them to win the press conference instead of getting the right guy/gal.

Why would his motivation be 0%, that's a silly thing to say. Why in the world would his motivation be any differently than it was before or different than anyone else in the work force who is a contracted employee? That sounds like some real broke boy hourly wage making hateration.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2021, 10:28:40 AM »

what?

The Big 12 Tournament is officially called the Big 12 Championship. It's a silly way to say we qualified for the Big 12 tournament, AKA we didn't finish last in the conference, we finished next to last.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2021, 10:37:48 AM »
Timing for an announced raise seems odd given the apparent financial condition of the department.  Wonder if Myers is preparing to step down and is getting his affairs in order.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »
It pisses me off, unless the only reason for it was Brad Underwood saying he wants a long term commitment w/ the AD before he agrees to come back so he doesn't get stuck with someone like Currie in year 2.

So, I'll probably remain mad.