Author Topic: 'Cats Script Helmet  (Read 32487 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 'Cats Script Helmet
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
think about iowa's tigerhawk, it would look like that with buckles

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2019, 03:09:29 PM »
I always thought the word Powercat was pretty corny, but in a KSTATE0 kind of way.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »
I wonder what a Power(Jay)hawk would look like?

I'm guessing 5-7 on a good year.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
what logo do you want?  one we've had before or something new?

Demoncat
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »
Hellcats.

I guess Heckcats, bc kstate

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2019, 05:33:15 PM »
I always thought the word Powercat was pretty corny, but in a KSTATE0 kind of way.

Of course it is. It’s very 90s-y. Like I’m imagining those posters from the early 90s where Russ Campbell and Dirk Ochs and Quentin Neujahr are like standing around the weight room shirtless with chains draped over their shoulders looking all tuff and roided out, the poster says, like, THE 700 CLUB. And the poster’s sponsors in the bottom corner are Q103.9, Mini-Mart, and Wildcat Spirit. That poster, to me, is the poster version of the word powercat.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2019, 05:45:00 PM »
Hellcats.

I guess Heckcats, bc kstate

Hellcats is not a bad suggestion.  A 'Hellcat' is a oil producing newly drilled well; which was a common thing in Kansas.  Kansas is also one of the largest oil producing states. 
Only problem would be it wouldn't represent wildcats, but instead, oilfield roughnecks.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
Of course it is. It’s very 90s-y. Like I’m imagining those posters from the early 90s where Russ Campbell and Dirk Ochs and Quentin Neujahr are like standing around the weight room shirtless with chains draped over their shoulders looking all tuff and roided out, the poster says, like, THE 700 CLUB. And the poster’s sponsors in the bottom corner are Q103.9, Mini-Mart, and Wildcat Spirit. That poster, to me, is the poster version of the word powercat.

OMG. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE POWERCAT NOW.

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2019, 07:33:17 PM »
I like all of our logos.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2019, 07:58:18 PM »
what about boscoe the black lab? That has to be the white hot phosphorus throw back dax wanted.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »
I like all of our logos.

Agreed, except I like some more than others, but generally,  I like all things ksu cats.  And I especially like alternate uniforms.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:57 PM »
I like that lil cat who's carrying his suitcase off to KSAC. Looks like he's goin' to Grandma's.  :D

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »

Those posters ruled.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
No question about it. Mods, plz rename thread to THE 700 CLUB presented by Q103.9

thx

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2019, 10:19:36 PM »
 :billdance:
I like that lil cat who's carrying his suitcase off to KSAC. Looks like he's goin' to Grandma's.  :D

2nd best gE inside joke OAT
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2019, 11:35:30 PM »
who are the people clamoring for the death of the powercat?

The Powercat logo is becoming trashy and played out and should be retired so we can go back to the Willie mascot logo.

I’m not advocating for the death of the powercat because I LOVE when Mrs. SB tries to draw it on my birthday cards. But, I do recall in the past talking with people from other states who aren’t affiliated with KSU Purplecats U. in any way, and they were all like, “....you call it what? A powercat? Lolololol, what a stupid made up word that sounds extremely 90’s-y.” And I’ve asked graphic designers before what they think of it and they all lawl at the way it looks. Also my best bud grew up in MHK and went to Cats U., and after like 25 years of looking at it, I had to break the news to him that what he thought was the eye is actually its ear. Even those of us who love it can admit that as a logo, it’s pretty weird.

So, a powercat  recap:
—Extremely 90s name
—kinda LOL as a design
—no one knows what it is or what it’s supposed to be
—I still love it personally but realize it’s kinda laughable
—I still love it but also welcome alternate jerseys every once in a while because I’m not a stupid tuck
—The iteration of the powercat that has flames coming out of the back of it absolutely is super rough ridin' trashy. So no, the powercat in and of itself isn’t trashy, but what dumb tuck hicks who definitely have goatees do to it CAN make it trashy.

Wow you are just burying yourself ITT

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2019, 12:47:54 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2019, 01:05:10 AM »
Lol, they suck ball when they're not glamour shot.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:32 AM »
who are the people clamoring for the death of the powercat?

The Powercat logo is becoming trashy and played out and should be retired so we can go back to the Willie mascot logo.

I’m not advocating for the death of the powercat because I LOVE when Mrs. SB tries to draw it on my birthday cards. But, I do recall in the past talking with people from other states who aren’t affiliated with KSU Purplecats U. in any way, and they were all like, “....you call it what? A powercat? Lolololol, what a stupid made up word that sounds extremely 90’s-y.” And I’ve asked graphic designers before what they think of it and they all lawl at the way it looks. Also my best bud grew up in MHK and went to Cats U., and after like 25 years of looking at it, I had to break the news to him that what he thought was the eye is actually its ear. Even those of us who love it can admit that as a logo, it’s pretty weird.

So, a powercat  recap:
—Extremely 90s name
—kinda LOL as a design
—no one knows what it is or what it’s supposed to be
—I still love it personally but realize it’s kinda laughable
—I still love it but also welcome alternate jerseys every once in a while because I’m not a stupid tuck
—The iteration of the powercat that has flames coming out of the back of it absolutely is super rough ridin' trashy. So no, the powercat in and of itself isn’t trashy, but what dumb tuck hicks who definitely have goatees do to it CAN make it trashy.

Wow you are just burying yourself ITT

The only part I don’t like is the flamey powercat :dunno:

Do you think I DON’T want that poster on the wall of my basement?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »
Yeah yeah fine. But no one is actually laughing at the powercat.  It’s an objectively great design. There’s a school in my neighborhood (in DFW) that uses it and I’m sure tons of others.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2019, 08:31:27 AM »

the powercat is the macarena of logos. But you know what? I was (and still am) one of the boys who said "que soy buena". feels great. will always love the powercat. Only thing i didn't like was the first iteration of the new willie head. We went from a yellow eyed feral beast that made little 6 yr old BAC cry (my parents love retelling that story) to a mouse sort of thing? I think over the next few seasons they kind of got it cleaned up but man that first version was oof.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2019, 08:31:47 AM »
Opportunity Missed . . . .

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »
no one even knows what is the eye and what is the ear on the powercat

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2019, 09:01:47 AM »
man, the cats script was front and center on espn last night.  fortunately all the cats fans that don't like it like dax were already 1)counting sheep by that time or 2)have boycotted espn, so bullet dodged there.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
I wonder what a Power(Jay)hawk would look like?

Last weekend I was wearing an elite Cats zip up in Tulsa, a woman stopped me and said is that Kansas University? I said, no it's Kansas State. She says, "Well my niece designed the Kansas Jayhawks logo!"

I replied by saying that's awesome while thinking in my head how much of a liar and how stupid she is.

True story.