Author Topic: 'Cats Script Helmet  (Read 32479 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 'Cats Script Helmet
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2019, 08:30:51 AM »
the olds like dax and chum hate the logo because looking at the script lettering reminds them of the time when they could write like that, this was before the alzheimers kicked in

I went to bed thinking about this last night. I realized that, although my body is failing me and I don't have much longer on this Earth, my actions still matter. I vowed to myself that I will treat all fonts equally from now on - especially the fonts that remind me my days are numbered. Life is too short, y'all.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »
I really like us calling ourselves the cats. It's better than wildcats.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
Is it the best possible throwback logo we could’ve put on there? Of course not. Is it as good as the mockups chumdumpster posted? Nah. Is it good enough for one game, especially when we’ve been starved of any real uniform excitement for over a quarter century? Yep!

I which some way in the normal world you were my mom, cause you're so easy to please.  :emawkid:

Your mom is indeed easy to please

skinnybenny no
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:53 AM »
Is it the best possible throwback logo we could’ve put on there? Of course not. Is it as good as the mockups chumdumpster posted? Nah. Is it good enough for one game, especially when we’ve been starved of any real uniform excitement for over a quarter century? Yep!

I which some way in the normal world you were my mom, cause you're so easy to please.  :emawkid:

Your mom is indeed easy to please

skinnybenny no

Sometimes sarcasm is a very well camouflaged animal in the scripted jungle. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »

Yep it would be a great rebrand. shitloads of wildcats out there but no plain old badass cats.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »
Not much of a sweatshirt selection left online.  Guess I'll have to wait to see if more inventory is released later. 
@mikec2w

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2019, 10:05:54 AM »
Not much of a sweatshirt selection left online.  Guess I'll have to wait to see if more inventory is released later.
Best luck you will have is at the KState bookstore, they just got in a fresh shipment yesterday. SuperStore was absolutely hammered the first day.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »

Yep it would be a great rebrand. shitloads of wildcats out there but no plain old badass cats.

Would absolutely love to see the Wildcat Salute reaction. The herda haddas would be all like WELL IF WE GONNA REBRAND THEN WE SHOULDA BECOME THE POWERCATS DERP
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2019, 10:15:50 AM »
We are cats of all types. From the littlest house cat kitten, to the mean old bobcat, to the majestic lion. All are Kansas State.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2019, 10:45:32 AM »
4 opinions

1. Cats script helmet looks cool even if it isn't my fave throwbackish logo
2. People losing their crap over it are  :lol:
3. While I don't love the Powercat as a logo in and of itself (it's fine), it absolutely is synonymous with success full KSU football and looks GREAT on a helmet
4. People clamoring for the death or the Powercat are worse than the people losing their crap over the Cats helmet
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2019, 10:46:44 AM »
who are the people clamoring for the death of the powercat?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »

The Powercat logo is becoming trashy and played out and should be retired so we can go back to the Willie mascot logo.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »
I think we should put a body composed of polygons (not true polygons, curves would be allowed) onto our powercat head.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2019, 11:01:21 AM »

There are a decent amount of browns on KSO doing just that.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
I think we should put a body composed of polygons (not true polygons, curves would be allowed) onto our powercat head.

and use lenticular printing to make it move. laser beams?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
To the surprise of no one, Mitch Holtus absolutely hates this. His ranting on KMAN yesterday was pretty entertaining.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »
This controversy will become a billion times more hilarious if we lose Saturday.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
was mitch also sad we don't use his dumbass block of wood anymore?  :frown:

get on board mitch, it's the k-state cats now, ya jizz?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2019, 11:46:57 AM »

The Powercat logo is becoming trashy and played out and should be retired so we can go back to the Willie mascot logo.

I’m not advocating for the death of the powercat because I LOVE when Mrs. SB tries to draw it on my birthday cards. But, I do recall in the past talking with people from other states who aren’t affiliated with KSU Purplecats U. in any way, and they were all like, “....you call it what? A powercat? Lolololol, what a stupid made up word that sounds extremely 90’s-y.” And I’ve asked graphic designers before what they think of it and they all lawl at the way it looks. Also my best bud grew up in MHK and went to Cats U., and after like 25 years of looking at it, I had to break the news to him that what he thought was the eye is actually its ear. Even those of us who love it can admit that as a logo, it’s pretty weird.

So, a powercat  recap:
—Extremely 90s name
—kinda LOL as a design
—no one knows what it is or what it’s supposed to be
—I still love it personally but realize it’s kinda laughable
—I still love it but also welcome alternate jerseys every once in a while because I’m not a stupid tuck
—The iteration of the powercat that has flames coming out of the back of it absolutely is super rough ridin' trashy. So no, the powercat in and of itself isn’t trashy, but what dumb tuck hicks who definitely have goatees do to it CAN make it trashy.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 14, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
the powercat is great, it's clean, it's distinctive, looks great on uniforms, etc

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
I think we should compile a chart similar to the evolution charts that show us going from cavemen to upright humans. You know the one. But it starts with the Iowa Hawkeye and then goes to the powercat and then turns into the Minnesota Wild logo and then the current Texas State Bobcat logo. (And any others that are Hawkeye offshoots.)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2019, 12:26:00 PM »
what logo do you want?  one we've had before or something new? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2019, 02:15:22 PM »

Check rally house. I got the white one yesterday, my first ever white sweatshirt, and I'm picking it up on Saturday

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »
the word powercat is so ingrained in my head i never realized it was weird. but adding power to other team mascots sounds very goofy, and i'm surprised people don't make fun of it more.

i think we should change to supercats.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
I wonder what a Power(Jay)hawk would look like?
:adios: