Author Topic: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich  (Read 15670 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »
And they don't run out of food. CFA is def king of that food segment.
The food segment they are competing in is Wendy’s and McDonald’s, not Popeye’s and KFC
:adios:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
why are there all these fights at popeye's, is it because of the sandwich?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »
why are there all these fights at popeye's, is it because of the sandwich?

People cutting in line.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »
Good article on where people have gotten mumped up somewhat related to the popeyes chicken sandwich: https://www.kansas.com/news/nation-world/national/article237221196.html?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2019, 03:29:40 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:05 AM »
I hate biscuits.

you can't just say something like this without an explanation.

I just don't. I generally don't like eating any bread that isn't on a sandwich. Literally the only exception is garlic bread when I'm having pasta.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2019, 01:32:09 AM »
:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:  :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/video-shows-popeyes-employee-in-columbia-assaulting-woman/
I'd like to hear your take on this.

What the eff are you asking me? What do you think my take is? Is your view of race so mumped up that you think I, or anyone else human, would attempt to justify a man in his 20's chasing a woman old enough to be his mother outside of the restaurant then body slamming her on concrete?

I'm gobsmacked. I'm legitimately interested in knowing your train of thought, that you would think I would have a different reaction to this than anyone else would? Bizarre. Seriously man, get your rough ridin' mind right, sheesh.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2019, 08:28:45 AM »
:horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:  :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise: :horrorsurprise:

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/video-shows-popeyes-employee-in-columbia-assaulting-woman/

What the eff are you asking me? What do you think my take is? Is your view of race so mumped up that you think I, or anyone else human, would attempt to justify a man in his 20's chasing a woman old enough to be his mother outside of the restaurant then body slamming her on concrete?

I'm gobsmacked. I'm legitimately interested in knowing your train of thought, that you would think I would have a different reaction to this than anyone else would? Bizarre. Seriously man, get your rough ridin' mind right, sheesh.
I asked because I had a tussle with a (white) poster on another board about this who weirdly tried to downplay this violence on the basis that it brought him satisfaction that historical power dynamics could not save this woman from the consequences of her actions. Pissed me off that a supposed progressive would justify in any degree violence against women in pursuit of wokeness. Glad we agree.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »
Chik Fil A sucks because of their politics. Like I know all corporations have some evil in them, but CFA goes out of their way to be anti-LGBT.

but also 8man is correct in that they do not serve fried chicken

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2019, 02:42:44 PM »

I asked because I had a tussle with a (white) poster on another board about this who weirdly tried to downplay this violence on the basis that it brought him satisfaction that historical power dynamics could not save this woman from the consequences of her actions. Pissed me off that a supposed progressive would justify in any degree violence against women in pursuit of wokeness. Glad we agree.

That isn't woke, it's stupidity. Also I hate people who use the word "wokeness." I also want to point out that this would be just as despicable if this were a 25 year old man getting slammed. I do think there are occasions when a justifiable ass kicking is appropriate, chasing someone out of a fast food restaurant to suplex them on the concrete just because they said n-word isn't one of those cases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »
rough ridin' Des Moines has not gotten the sandwiches yet. Unreal. I hate this place.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2019, 02:47:16 PM »
I think spracs was just tangling with a progdax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
as best as i can put together based on the comments in this thread, the popeye's biscuits are not actually biscuits.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2019, 03:39:28 PM »
as best as i can put together based on the comments in this thread, the popeye's biscuits are not actually biscuits.
Popeye’s biscuits are solid. There are a lot of bad opinions ITT from people who never went to Popeye’s before they had sandwiches, or have low quality opinions on biscuits in general (MIR)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
Popeye’s biscuits are solid. There are a lot of bad opinions ITT from people who never went to Popeye’s before they had sandwiches, or have low quality opinions on biscuits in general (MIR)

J Kenji Lopez-Alt has this to say about Popeye's biscuits:

Quote from: Kenji
My loneliness turned to jubilation when they returned with not one, not two, but an entire box of biscuits. Those gloriously salty, crispy, fatty Popeye's biscuits that I'd put in the running for best biscuits world-wide, homemade or no.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2013/05/got-extra-popeyes-biscuits-saveem-for-breakfa.html

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2019, 03:51:19 PM »
And they don't run out of food. CFA is def king of that food segment.
The food segment they are competing in is Wendy’s and McDonald’s, not Popeye’s and KFC
You are correct.

I still don't like their biscuits (or any biscuit for that matter).

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »
I enjoy buying those Pillsbury biscuits and cinnamon rolls but using the icing from the cinnamon rolls on the biscuits instead.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »
Quote from: Kenji
Those gloriously salty, crispy, fatty Popeye's biscuits that I'd put in the running for best biscuits world-wide, homemade or no.

lolwut

for fast food biscuits, Bojangles crap all over Popeyes

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2019, 04:00:39 PM »
biscuits aren't crispy for one.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
Church's has the best biscuits.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2019, 04:09:23 PM »
But their chicken is gross.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
Biscuits are a waste of carbs and calories and space. (Except in biscuits and gravy)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2019, 05:56:11 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2019, 05:59:18 PM »
South Wichita has/had? a church's buffet, holy crap! And it was clean :drool:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »
Was finally able to give this baby a spin today here in Manhattan. It was absolutely worth the hype, my favorite sandwich anywhere. Everything about it was better than anything on any other chicken sandwich I've ever had. The bun was soft and light. The breading on the chicken was very crunchy without being crumbly. The chicken was very juicy. The only drawback is if you really like spicy food, this isn't that, no where close to how spicy their on the bone chicken is. You can taste spice, but you can't feel spice. This extends to whatever sauce is on the sandwich, flavorful, not spicy. The biggest surprise for me were the pickles. I'm not a huge pickle fan, but it's obvious they went beyond the food service pickle that comes 5000 slices a jar. These things were thick, crunchy, and mild in flavor. It was a 10/10 I'm going to eat a lot of these things, if Iowa ever gets them.

I also tried the red beans and rice, the only side I've ever eaten there was the mashed potatoes, those red beans and rice were amazing, I'll probably alternate my side choices from now on.