Author Topic: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich  (Read 15671 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Popeyes Chicken Sandwich
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2019, 12:31:17 AM »
I think at some point, they go to a model of only having chicken strips and sandwiches, like Chik Fil A.

Popeyes’ bone in spicy chicken is the best thing have you son of a biscuit!
Yes and I always eat the biscuit

I love biscuits so much

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »
Tried to walk into Popeyes and then of course walked straight out, because, lol at lines. I knew where my heart was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
i get the spicy chicken strips and dip them in my mashed potatoes and gravy, it’s the only way to fly

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:44 PM »
I was reading an article about the best burgers in NYC and there was one that was described as a mash up of In-N-Out and shake shack  :Wha:

Shake Shack is ass
We disagree a lot

Really?  :cry: I think you're super smart, does this mean I'm an idiot?
No, I think we mostly just disagree politically on ways to address things we both identify as problems.  You’re far from an idiot, no matter what you think about Shake Shack.  We can still be friends :cheers:

I agree with mir on most things but his food takes are straight ass.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:06 AM »
 :cry:

Here's another one for you, I hate biscuits.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2019, 12:51:47 AM »
I hate biscuits.

you can't just say something like this without an explanation.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2019, 05:41:03 AM »
I don't know why MIR doesn't like biscuits, but I don't like their dry texture. I only like flaky style biscuits and mosts places make those crumbly dry turds. Doesn't matter for B&G and that's the only way I like crumbly biscuits.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2019, 06:39:25 AM »
If I'm already eating fried chicken and potatoes, biscuits seem like a lot of dry, unnecessary carbs.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2019, 10:31:03 AM »
 :sdeek:

i've only been to popeyes twice i think (drive thru both times).  seems to be a lot of these stories with popeye's lately.  what makes them so different than other chains?  is this all tied to that sandwich?  i don't get any of this.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
:sdeek:

i've only been to popeyes twice i think (drive thru both times).  seems to be a lot of these stories with popeye's lately.  what makes them so different than other chains?  is this all tied to that sandwich?  i don't get any of this.
Food's better

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2019, 10:47:17 AM »
They have legitimately good fried chicken. Much better than their fast food competitors
:adios:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
I hate biscuits.

you can't just say something like this without an explanation.

I would disown a child over a comment like this.  But maybe he’s just never had good biscuits.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
guess i don't eat a lot of fried chicken, when i do it's chic-fil-a's spicy sammy. 

related i had CFA's spicy chicky breakfast biscuits once, and i hated them.  i'm a biscuit fan.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »
Chick-Fil-A's spicy chicken biscuit is the best fast food breakfast you can get.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »
I had one yesterday. Waited in a short line that took thirty minutes. They were out of the spicy. It was good but like most things, absolutely not worth the hype. Tasted a lot like chick-fil-a but more breading and bigger.  :dunno:

No line today so finally tried this out. I agree with your description. Was good but I think i still like their spicy tenders more. 
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2019, 12:16:21 PM »
wrong thread but sit down for a real life recent pretty boring chick-fil-a story:

kids have swimming lessons. chick-fil-a is across the parking lot. we almost always grab it for dinner after swimming lessons because my kids love their nugs. THERE'S A TWIST! mid way through watching them swim around like dolphins mrs. dave mentions she needs to fill her car with gas on the way home. I'm a gentleman (and hate getting the kids dressed after swimming lessons) so I volunteer to switch her vehicles and fill hers with gas. she's deep into the chick-fil-a drivethrough when she realizes her purse is in her car which I'm driving. SHE'S TRAPPED IN THE LINE! has to go all the way through and fess up to having zero money. they give it to her for free because they are nice people and always do nice stuff. we get home and send them a check in the mail for it. 5 days later we get a letter from them. Inside: Our non-cashed check, hand written letter from the manager thanking us for our business, and 6(!!) gift cards for free chicken sandwiches.

WTF?

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:31 PM »
that's a pretty great story.  CFA is best in the biz at hiring good people from my experience.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
wrong thread but sit down for a real life recent pretty boring chick-fil-a story:

kids have swimming lessons. chick-fil-a is across the parking lot. we almost always grab it for dinner after swimming lessons because my kids love their nugs. THERE'S A TWIST! mid way through watching them swim around like dolphins mrs. dave mentions she needs to fill her car with gas on the way home. I'm a gentleman (and hate getting the kids dressed after swimming lessons) so I volunteer to switch her vehicles and fill hers with gas. she's deep into the chick-fil-a drivethrough when she realizes her purse is in her car which I'm driving. SHE'S TRAPPED IN THE LINE! has to go all the way through and fess up to having zero money. they give it to her for free because they are nice people and always do nice stuff. we get home and send them a check in the mail for it. 5 days later we get a letter from them. Inside: Our non-cashed check, hand written letter from the manager thanking us for our business, and 6(!!) gift cards for free chicken sandwiches.

WTF?
Mailing a check was great

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
surprised sd has a checkbook tbh

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2019, 02:03:50 PM »
Chick-fil-a sells spicy chicken sandwiches THE RIGHT WAY

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »

WTF?

Chick-fil-a slams Popeyes.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2019, 02:35:01 PM »
And they don't run out of food. CFA is def king of that food segment.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2019, 02:36:35 PM »
CFA is great if you like fast food sandwiches, tenders and nuggets. Popeye’s actually has fried chicken though.
:adios: