Author Topic: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser  (Read 29177 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Courtney Messingham is a proven loser
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »

My boy Ricky Rahne is currently getting paid ~750k/yr as HC at ODU. He’s showing early success in his rebuild there.

Not sure we’d be able to give him the kind of raise he’d want tho. My be too big a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »
Bruh, he's a first year fbs head coach he isn't going to be anyone's coordinator.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »
A lot of P5 OCs got crap canned today.

If in fact Klieman is targeting Wells, we'll probably need to wait for the carousel to slow down to see if we can get him. Wells will almost certainly try to get a G5 job.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2021, 05:01:43 PM »

If in fact Klieman is targeting Wells, we'll probably need to wait for the carousel to slow down to see if we can get him. Wells will almost certainly try to get a G5 job.

Yea this is not ideal environment for the Wells to KSU contingent.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2021, 05:10:21 PM »

I'm confused as to why Steve Addazio hasn't been fired yet, probably coming and there's going to be a lot of G5 openings.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »
I don't think a 4-10 record will get a new coach fired.  Also the team loves him, and he is a two time BCS champion.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2021, 08:15:58 PM »

I'm confused as to why Steve Addazio hasn't been fired yet, probably coming and there's going to be a lot of G5 openings.

His buyout drops $2MM (from 5 to 3) on Thursday

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2021, 10:52:21 PM »
I don't think a 4-10 record will get a new coach fired.  Also the team loves him, and he is a two time BCS champion.

Are you talking about Addazio? LOL, everyone there hates him. He's been an abject disaster on the field and he got ejected from their game this weekend. A football coach, ejected. tdaver laid it out, he'll be gone on Thursday.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2021, 11:06:17 PM »
I’d hire Anthony Tucker out of Utah State.  Been around the block a bit.  Has coordinated some pretty good offenses at UCF and Utah State.  Fairly similar conceptually to what we’ve been trying to do.  Certainly a guy we could get.

That would be my target if I was trying to replace Mess.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:24:49 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2021, 07:49:45 AM »
I’d hire Anthony Tucker out of Utah State.  Been around the block a bit.  Has coordinated some pretty good offenses at UCF and Utah State.  Fairly similar conceptually to what we’ve been trying to do.  Certainly a guy we could get.

That would be my target if I was trying to replace Mess.
He'd only been co-OC for one year at UCF and the other co-OC followed Heupel to Tennessee.

Intriguing but I don't see it happening unless he's like co-OC with Klein (who probably wouldn't like that, either). It's definitely not a clear upgrade

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2021, 08:18:12 AM »
Well we’re either going to have to take a chance on someone kind of green or we’re going to get some guy who is proven to be mediocre, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2021, 08:21:49 AM »
Also I take it back, Utah State’s offense wasn’t very good.  I was looking at some outdated numbers. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2021, 08:48:37 AM »
Well we’re either going to have to take a chance on someone kind of green or we’re going to get some guy who is proven to be mediocre, imo.

I agree, which is why I like the idea of Scheelhaase (plus he adds recruiting cred, which might be more important!). But I think we can get someone with a little more G5 coordinator experience as well. (or maybe not).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2021, 10:55:06 AM »

I agree, which is why I like the idea of Scheelhaase (plus he adds recruiting cred, which might be more important!). But I think we can get someone with a little more G5 coordinator experience as well. (or maybe not).
Yeah, the problem is that a lot of those G5 coordinators don't stay G5 coordinators for long if their offense is anything to write home about.

I'm all for Scheelhaase btw, I just think he'd be a tough one to nab, money-wise.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2021, 11:12:36 AM »

Are you talking about Addazio? LOL, everyone there hates him. He's been an abject disaster on the field and he got ejected from their game this weekend. A football coach, ejected. tdaver laid it out, he'll be gone on Thursday.

Here are a few quotes from his players.What They Are Saying:

"Coach Addazio is an outstanding coach and an incredible person. He helped shape my brother and I into the men we are today. I would not be where I am today without Coach Addazio. He brings out the best in everyone he interacts with. He loves his players and we love him."
- Atlanta Falcons 2019 1st Round Draft Selection and former BC Eagle offensive lineman Chris Lindstrom

"I am so happy for Colorado State University! The Rams got a great man and great football coach in Steve Addazio. I wouldn't be the man I am today without him! Not only did he help me become the football player I am today, he was also was a father figure to me and my brother, Maurkice, while away from our family at the University of Florida. He turned two young kids from Lakeland, Fla. into men. I am now a Colorado State fan!"
 - Former Florida offensive lineman and 1st round draft pick, current Los Angles Charger, Mike Pouncey

"When I think of football, I think of Steve Addazio. He is a great leader of men, and his knowledge of the game is like none other! Coach Addazio has always been another father figure to my brother and I. We love you coach, and good luck on your new journey!"
- Former Florida offensive lineman and 1st round draft pick, current Pittsburgh Steeler, Maurkice Pouncey

"Steve Addazio has all of the qualities you want in a head football coach. Coach Addazio and I have a long-standing relationship through coaching, including winning two national championships together at Florida, and I have seen first-hand how passionate he is about the game of football, the players he coaches, and the programs he leads. He is one of the nation's top recruiters and will represent Colorado State well. I am excited to see the Rams develop under his leadership."
- National Championship-winning head coach Urban Meyer

"Steve Addazio is a great recruiter, a better coach, an even better leader, and most importantly a better person. I am very excited for the Colorado State family and the future of Ram football."
– Former Boston College Athletic Director Brad Bates

"Steve Addazio is an outstanding coach, mentor, father and husband. He is passionate, a relentless recruiter and a creative football mind. Congratulations to Colorado State for hiring such a great coach and role model who will inspire students, alumni and fans."
– North Carolina Athletic Director Bubba Cunningham
Footer

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »
Highly recommend tracking down all his "Dude" vines

https://youtube.com/shorts/YzSVmsrJEzk?feature=share

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
I'm worried that co-coordinator with Klein has a lot less appeal than being the lone guy.  Additionally, Messingham catches all the crap for the offense but the fans give Klein a pass.  Those would be pretty big negatives to me if I'm a coordinator with other P5 interest.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2021, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm worried that co-coordinator with Klein has a lot less appeal than being the lone guy.  Additionally, Messingham catches all the crap for the offense but the fans give Klein a pass.  Those would be pretty big negatives to me if I'm a coordinator with other P5 interest.
I know MiR disagrees that CK was a factor but IMO Skylar did not develop well over his six years. Obviously injuries hurt but still.

Also Klein is not co-OC any more.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2021, 11:23:29 AM »

Yeah, the problem is that a lot of those G5 coordinators don't stay G5 coordinators for long if their offense is anything to write home about.

I'm all for Scheelhaase btw, I just think he'd be a tough one to nab, money-wise.
He makes less than Mess. And I assume we'll need a decent increase for whoever replaces Mess

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2021, 11:26:03 AM »
What would you guys think about David Beaty on this offensive staff.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 29, 2021, 11:27:49 AM »
I like it quite a bit because I think he's a decent recruiter

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2021, 11:28:47 AM »
Graham Harrell isn't staying at USC w/ Lincoln. Pretty decent chance he gets a G5 head gig. If not, pay him whatever it takes to come on for a year

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2021, 11:32:53 AM »
Are there rumors out there that Mess is done or are we all assuming? Seeing rando vague tweets about it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »
zero rumors that he is done

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
I like it quite a bit because I think he's a decent recruiter

My wetwillie trifecta would be Wells, Beaty, Held to replace Mess, Klein, and Ray.