Author Topic: Ron Prince Tracker  (Read 7095 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Ron Prince Tracker
« on: September 03, 2019, 09:20:47 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Prince Tracker
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 09:21:27 AM »
lol

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:55:22 AM »
I have a friend in the program.  He says all the coaches already hate his guts.  Ron also ran off a ton of players.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »
get better sources, that doesn't sound right

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 10:28:26 AM »
Pretty sure Ron has scored more than Maryland.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 01:12:17 PM »
Excellent article from former DUD and STUD John Feinstein on Ron.
After graduating from Appalachian, Prince took the LSAT and thought about applying to law school. But Cullen offered him the chance to come back to Dodge City as a volunteer assistant, and he decided to give it a try.

That began a journey during which he worked for 12 teams over more than 25 years. His previous experience as a head coach was the almost impossible job of succeeding LHC Bill Snyder at Kansas State in 2006. The Wildcats beat fourth-ranked Texas in that first season and went 7-6, going to the Texas Bowl. Two 5-7 seasons later, Prince was fired.

“I like to tell people that the only thing better than being hired at a school 12 miles from where you grew up is being fired at that school,” he said. “The support I got from the community was great.” He paused. “And I do still have the best first three years on the job record in the history of the school. I’ve always been completely at peace with what happened there, for good and for bad.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ron-prince-thinks-howard-football-can-be-the-stanford-of-fcs/2019/08/28/d472bd16-c9bc-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html

I have no idea what he meant by "the only thing better than being hired at a school 12 miles from where you grew up is being fired at that school."  Is he saying he was glad he was fired?  Is this some obvious idiom I'm missing?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 01:25:50 PM »
Old Ronnie still spinning his yarns I see   :blah:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
After graduating from Appalachian, Prince took the LSAT and thought about applying to law school. But Cullen offered him the chance to come back to Dodge City as a volunteer assistant, and he decided to give it a try.

That began a journey during which he worked for 12 teams over more than 25 years. His previous experience as a head coach was the almost impossible job of succeeding LHC Bill Snyder at Kansas State in 2006. The Wildcats beat fourth-ranked Texas in that first season and went 7-6, going to the Texas Bowl. Two 5-7 seasons later, Prince was fired.

“I like to tell people that the only thing better than being hired at a school 12 miles from where you grew up is being fired at that school,” he said. “The support I got from the community was great.” He paused. “And I do still have the best first three years on the job record in the history of the school. I’ve always been completely at peace with what happened there, for good and for bad.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ron-prince-thinks-howard-football-can-be-the-stanford-of-fcs/2019/08/28/d472bd16-c9bc-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html

I have no idea what he meant by "the only thing better than being hired at a school 12 miles from where you grew up is being fired at that school."  Is he saying he was glad he was fired?  Is this some obvious idiom I'm missing?

I'm guessing he meant that if you're going to get fired from a job, it should be when you have supportive people around.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »

I'm guessing he meant that if you're going to get fired from a job, it should be when you have supportive people around.
I thought so too, but is that really better than being hired in your hometown?  Just an odd turn of phrase.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »

I thought so too, but is that really better than being hired in your hometown?  Just an odd turn of phrase.

If it was said in the context that it's an inevitability that a coach will be fired (hell, Snyder was), it makes a bit of sense.  Words could've been reordered to reflect that coaching 12 miles from home's greatest benefit comes into play when being fired, even greater than when being hired.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
That may be some insight into an aspect the profession. Taking it for granted that it's inevitable you'll be fired.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »

If it was said in the context that it's an inevitability that a coach will be fired (hell, Snyder was), it makes a bit of sense.  Words could've been reordered to reflect that coaching 12 miles from home's greatest benefit comes into play when being fired, even greater than when being hired.
Interesting perspective from Ron there.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »
scary smart perspective, really

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 03:00:39 PM »
I think it ends poorly for a large majority of college football head coaches.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
He's still bold and daring.  Howard takes a 7-6 lead.  Ron calls for the onside kick but it's recovered by Youngstown state. 

It's Prince vs Pelini!!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 06:53:22 PM »
He's still bold and daring.  Howard takes a 7-6 lead.  Ron calls for the onside kick but it's recovered by Youngstown state. 

It's Prince vs Pelini!!

amazing

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »

That began a journey during which he worked for 12 teams over more than 25 years. His previous experience as a head coach was the almost impossible job of succeeding LHC LHC Bill Snyder at Kansas State in 2006. The Wildcats beat fourth-ranked Texas in that first season and went 7-6, going to the Texas Bowl. Two 5-7 seasons later, Prince was fired.

The reality is, no one in the community was supportive of Ron. Amazing how time and utter self delusion can cloud one’s memory.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »

That began a journey during which he worked for 12 teams over more than 25 years. His previous experience as a head coach was the almost impossible job of succeeding LHC LHC Bill Snyder at Kansas State in 2006. The Wildcats beat fourth-ranked Texas in that first season and went 7-6, going to the Texas Bowl. Two 5-7 seasons later, Prince was fired.

The reality is, no one in the community was supportive of Ron. Amazing how time and utter self delusion can cloud one’s memory.

I'm going to guess his JC and DCCC people weren't the same people as the disgruntled K-State fans, and western Kansas husbands of lonely housewives.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 09:27:08 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 10:08:49 PM »
I'm inviting that guy (or lady!) to gE!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 12:25:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/realtalkog95/status/1170488449775763457?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, that didn't take long. Ron, already winning friends.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
he must have already Matt Boss'd someone.   :frown:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 09:05:56 AM »
Lol, dont want to go back and read the whole ron prince story thread but wasnt there something in there about how he would randomly wrestle with the players?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 09:19:50 AM »
Lol, dont want to go back and read the whole ron prince story thread but wasnt there something in there about how he would randomly wrestle with the players?

I think that was where the nutgrab'n came into the story wasn't it?
@mikec2w