Author Topic: Where to watch on super stud pirate sites?  (Read 13521 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Where to watch on super stud pirate sites?
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »
every time I look at cutting the cord, the a la carte costs for internet and all of the channels i want end up being about the same without the convenience. Plus, I have 5 tvs in the house the all have access to all the channels I want.

I could see a la carte costing about the same on 1 tv, but with 5 tvs, the box rentals would kind of add up. Not sure how something like Youtube TV would cost nearly as much.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2019, 03:49:12 PM »
Apparently he doesn't buy internet, most people get that either way
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2019, 08:22:23 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that I wonder what percentage of Americans have no isp. Without having to pay for internet, cord cutting is way cheaper. I currently pay $250 a month for Directv, almost $300 in months I'm paying for the hockey or baseball package. The most expensive, comprehensive streaming service I can buy is PlayStation Vue's most expensive package is $75.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2019, 10:42:25 PM »

Yeah, I noticed that I wonder what percentage of Americans have no isp. Without having to pay for internet, cord cutting is way cheaper. I currently pay $250 a month for Directv, almost $300 in months I'm paying for the hockey or baseball package. The most expensive, comprehensive streaming service I can buy is PlayStation Vue's most expensive package is $75.
That is a crazy price. We have cable w/ sports and internet and basically every a la carts streaming service and don’t pay nearly that
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2019, 11:54:12 PM »
You can get a price that is competitive with streaming services if you are willing to regularly call your tv provider and request that price. The best thing about the streaming services, imo, is that you never have to call anyone, though. You just go online to start services and go online to cancel. No waiting on hold, no waiting for the best offer, no waiting on a technician to show up to your house to connect. It's just way easier.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2019, 07:05:12 AM »

Not judging you, but there is no way I could live with myself, regardless of how much I'm making, knowing that I'm paying over 3 grand for TV a year.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2019, 07:38:16 AM »
You can get a price that is competitive with streaming services if you are willing to regularly call your tv provider and request that price. The best thing about the streaming services, imo, is that you never have to call anyone, though. You just go online to start services and go online to cancel. No waiting on hold, no waiting for the best offer, no waiting on a technician to show up to your house to connect. It's just way easier.

100%

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2019, 07:44:11 AM »

Other than the initial set up when I moved in, I do this with Google fiber TV. I cancel it from April to September every year just from the app.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2019, 08:34:33 AM »

I must not be intimidating because this did not work for me two different times this summer. Ending up cutting the cable
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2019, 08:45:32 AM »

I must not be intimidating because this did not work for me two different times this summer. Ending up cutting the cable

With DirecTV I've done this a few of times in the past, that's when they were on their own.  Now that they have merged with AT&T they no longer give a eff.  I tried the renegotiation tactic a couple of weeks ago and got shot down.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
I have not had any problems watching anything on ESPN+.  It is the exact same process as watching the game if it were on FOX, CBS, or any ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU.  Open the app, find the game, select watch.
Who here is having problems with this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's not the same process because it's a pain in the ass to flip around during commercials.  Also a pain in the ass if you want to rewind and rewatch a play or something funny real quick.  I've also experienced buffering/picture quality issues -- and I pay out the ass for good internet.   

Also, not for nothing, but it makes it extremely unlikely that otherwise uninterested parties would watch our game.
So do you have issues with every streaming service? I don't have cable, so I use WatchESPN and FSGO and whatnot.  I think you may just be an old person who is unable to let go of the past.

Also, I don't think I've ever cared about the ease at which a person could watch something that they are not interested in.

Sports streaming?  Yeah, I think they're all annoying.  Just let me watch the game on ESPN or FS1 or Fox.

It's obviously not the end of the world or anything.  Like I said, I already have ESPN+ and know how to use it and everything.  I just think it's inferior than actually watching it on cable.  If you're a cord-cutter, I can understand why you're all for this.  But for those of us who have both, I'd prefer to watch it on the boobtube, and leave ESPN+ for Division III field hockey games and Miles to Go.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2019, 10:12:44 AM »
i have been riding w/ free fiber for iirc 7 years straight now. i should be a millionaire by now  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »

With DirecTV I've done this a few of times in the past, that's when they were on their own.  Now that they have merged with AT&T they no longer give a eff.  I tried the renegotiation tactic a couple of weeks ago and got shot down.

Facts, before they were brought out they were practical, I didn't even need to try to scam them or anything, they always have free crap when things went wrong. Carriage disputes, they'd give credits for the station you lost. After the NHL lockout they gave the package for free. Whenever I called in for something I always got something free without asking. With AT&T not only do they not do this but they won't make good with the mistakes they make and they try the funny crap. I have the protection plan, called a tech out and then they tried to give us hidden charges.

I'm trying to hold out to their inevitable sale but I don't think it's going to happen.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2019, 08:02:33 PM »
You guys are just now figuring out AT&T sucks ass? I put a jihad on them 8 years ago.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2019, 08:08:33 PM »
You guys are just now figuring out AT&T sucks ass? I put a jihad on them 8 years ago.
Watch out, they are very sensitive about their cable providers in here.

Online TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:35:25 AM by TaqMan »

Offline HamBoned

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »

That is a crazy price. We have cable w/ sports and internet and basically every a la carts streaming service and don’t pay nearly that

In MHK I was paying $260 with HBO and a good sports package and internet.  I cut it down to under $170 with netflix, amazon, espn+, and no tv (other than networks and c-span) basically.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »

In MHK I was paying $260 with HBO and a good sports package and internet.  I cut it down to under $170 with netflix, amazon, espn+, and no tv (other than networks and c-span) basically.
Still sounds high to me. How expensive is your internet?

Online TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2019, 12:58:52 PM »
https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0

This one works super well. or use http://livetv.sx/enx/

They listed Charlotte as one of the affected cities. I live in Durham so that probably includes our area. Guess I'll have to stream the FOX games for awhile

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
Streaming idiot here.  I can't start watching tonight till 7.  Am I just mumped or is there a way to watch it from the beginning?  I mean, with my Direct TV I just DVR it and start watching whenever and fast forward through commercials to catch up.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2019, 05:57:14 PM »
It looks like you can rewind it once you start it, and watch it from the beginning.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
Text i just got from my mom.

"Is the Kstate game on TV? I cant find it"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »
Having to explain to 50+ year old family members who live out in the flint hills how to watch the game is frustrating and I feel for these type of folks. Rural Kansas has shotty ass internet/streaming capabilities, and I like to think of the convenience for others, rather than your normal K-State city folk accessing the game. I guess they all learned how to text eventually, so ESPN+ will just have to force these poor souls to get the right equipment to watch these games.
Those things don't affect me.  Possibly because I'm woke AF. 

I used to have to tell my grandpa all the time how to change the input on his TV to HDMI 2, and then turn on the directv box, then turn it to 206.  This was about a decade before ESPN+ happened.

Things change, old people don't understand technology, someone has to explain it to them 100 times.  This is going to happen until the end of time. So yes, everyone complaining about this is old.

Hur Hur, hurpty derp, dur.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2019, 08:40:36 PM »
I watched like 5 games on ESPN+ today, this is the only one with problems.