Author Topic: Master Political Social Media Thread  (Read 91067 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Master Political Social Media Thread
« Reply #2025 on: January 26, 2023, 12:59:49 PM »
Purp, is the concept of Tesla stock doing better when the CEO of the company isn't in the headlines for doing something really rough ridin' stupid a revolutionary concept for you?

So it's doing better because he isn't in the headlines as much?  Not because of actual earnings?

Yes, purp people tend to feel better about business when the CEO isn't in the news for leveraging said business to spend $44 billion to acquire a damn social media platform while pulling Saudis in. If you think this is a rocket ship you should buy in now, but you know full well he'll do something really rough ridin' stupid that will tank the stock again. My guess is that the next tank will be from investors freaking out from Elon not being able to pay the bills at Twitter Inc.

While there is a little truth to this, the bigger picture involves a tad more than gossip about those darn Twitter bills that aren't being paid. 

I also love everyone on here questioning the Twitter buyout price.  I'm guessing he has a little better grasp on what he's getting into more so than our CNBC quarterbacks here at gE.  :lol:  It's close though..  :lol:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 26, 2023, 01:02:11 PM »
If their price is supposed to be based on actual earnings, then it's still very overvalued.

:lol: :lol:. ok

Just compare it's market share and revenue with everyone else who makes vehicles.

Thanks Cramer.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 26, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »
How do conservative tesla bros deal with the supposed lib push to eliminate gas powered vehicles? Celebrate? Drag libs for being woke? Both? It's probably both, right?

This is the reason I am willing to consider he is a genius.  By his maga pandering through twitter he has effectively eliminated conservative opposition to green vehicles.  You can't be hardcore pro fossil and also be pro tesla. 

It may have been a master stroke turning your F-250 driving slob into a tesla/EV fanboi

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: January 26, 2023, 01:11:37 PM »
How do conservative tesla bros deal with the supposed lib push to eliminate gas powered vehicles? Celebrate? Drag libs for being woke? Both? It's probably both, right?

You can't be hardcore pro fossil and also be pro tesla. 

They aren’t pro Tesla they are pro Elon. Similar to Trump, the positions are less important than the person.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 26, 2023, 01:16:01 PM »

They aren’t pro Tesla they are pro Elon. Similar to Trump, the positions are less important than the person.

They are the same. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 26, 2023, 03:45:24 PM »
Found out today that one of my direct employees is perma banned from Twitter for calling Elon a bitch. Free speech indeed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 26, 2023, 03:54:21 PM »
I'm sure that's a tough work around

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 26, 2023, 03:59:23 PM »
Nope. No bearing on his work product at all!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 26, 2023, 04:28:07 PM »
Purp, is the concept of Tesla stock doing better when the CEO of the company isn't in the headlines for doing something really rough ridin' stupid a revolutionary concept for you?

So it's doing better because he isn't in the headlines as much?  Not because of actual earnings?

Yes, purp people tend to feel better about business when the CEO isn't in the news for leveraging said business to spend $44 billion to acquire a damn social media platform while pulling Saudis in. If you think this is a rocket ship you should buy in now, but you know full well he'll do something really rough ridin' stupid that will tank the stock again. My guess is that the next tank will be from investors freaking out from Elon not being able to pay the bills at Twitter Inc.

While there is a little truth to this, the bigger picture involves a tad more than gossip about those darn Twitter bills that aren't being paid. 

I also love everyone on here questioning the Twitter buyout price.  I'm guessing he has a little better grasp on what he's getting into more so than our CNBC quarterbacks here at gE.  :lol:  It's close though..  :lol:

purp i have to say its a bit astounding that you aren't wrapping that ol' galaxy brain of yours around this. Like if i was pharmacutical giant Perdue, and I was expecting a big shipment of chemicals to make opiods, I would be very reluctant to entrust the delivery of that cargo in the stuardship of a truck driver who has a meth habit, has feolony warrants out for his arrest, and also he knows what he's transporting. Tell me you can understand why Perdue might seek out a different delivery service?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 26, 2023, 04:33:17 PM »
My god did Purp and the Green revolution just double down on the Elon worship by saying the Twitter Acquisition at 3X the market value was a good deal?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 26, 2023, 04:46:04 PM »
ownin' the libs: priceless

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 26, 2023, 05:00:55 PM »

I don't think anyone had a bigger problem with the Twitter buyout price than the guy who desperately tried to back out of paying it until he faced certain doom in court.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 26, 2023, 05:04:52 PM »

They are the same.

If you mean Elon and Trump act in the same way, absolutely they are the same.

"Conservative" Tesla bros are really "cool tech" bros who spend crap tons of time on 4chan and the like and do the whole free speech/anti woke culture stuff, more than worrying about environmental libs. They general either don't care or are passingly care about the environment, but the real issue is "free speech"
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: January 26, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »
If their price is supposed to be based on actual earnings, then it's still very overvalued.

yeah, it's a good company, the stock price is just (still) divorced from operational performance.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 27, 2023, 09:48:05 AM »

purp i have to say its a bit astounding that you aren't wrapping that ol' galaxy brain of yours around this. Like if i was pharmacutical giant Perdue, and I was expecting a big shipment of chemicals to make opiods, I would be very reluctant to entrust the delivery of that cargo in the stuardship of a truck driver who has a meth habit, has feolony warrants out for his arrest, and also he knows what he's transporting. Tell me you can understand why Perdue might seek out a different delivery service?

Oh look! Another long winded, nonsensical analogy from BAC!  :excited:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: January 27, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »
My god did Purp and the Green revolution just double down on the Elon worship by saying the Twitter Acquisition at 3X the market value was a good deal?

:fistpump:

Again, I would rather be on the side of Musk knowing what he's doing rather than the market gurus that we have here.  I will say that I was a tad scared when everyone who had a twitter account here decided to quit and go to a different platform though.  Oh.....wait.... they didn't.  They just continue to bitch about that crazy blue check mark. 

Elon worship?  :lol:

Side note..  I'm kind of sad that you've made your way to the pit..  :cry:. You were one of the last pure ones. Now it's just clams.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 27, 2023, 10:08:27 AM »
Have we determined if Tesla is just a car company or a tech company.  Has perpetually triggered #blueanongE called that one yet?

BTW - Intel 32% year over year decline  :frown:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: January 27, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »

yes sometimes its necessary to use analogies to explain complicated (or in some cases not really very complicated) ideas in a way that more pedestrian minded folks can understand. If it didn't seem necessary in this situation i wouldn't have done it. but here we are.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 27, 2023, 12:17:50 PM »

yes sometimes its necessary to use analogies to explain complicated (or in some cases not really very complicated) ideas in a way that more pedestrian minded folks can understand. If it didn't seem necessary in this situation i wouldn't have done it. but here we are.

Sys appreciates this.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 27, 2023, 12:21:01 PM »
Have we determined if Tesla is just a car company or a tech company.  Has perpetually triggered #blueanongE called that one yet?

BTW - Intel 32% year over year decline  :frown:

We haven't and won't.  Btw, would you have time to help me remove my Elon Musk statue that's in my front yard?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 27, 2023, 12:27:30 PM »
Is this removal because he exposed lunatic hyper conspiratorial paranoid #blueanon political leaders?

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 27, 2023, 12:32:32 PM »
Is this removal because he exposed lunatic hyper conspiratorial paranoid #blueanon political leaders?

That and I apparently worship the guy because I had the balls to post the TSLA stock price after their great earnings report.  Oh, and I didn't call him a dumb dumb for overpaying for Twitter..... that everyone is still on.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 27, 2023, 01:24:56 PM »
lmao, his debt is floating rate so he thinks all debt is floating rate

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1619052945483632643?s=46&t=UHVsNMXl9-EWnj6Bajypug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 27, 2023, 01:25:59 PM »

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1619052945483632643?s=46&t=UHVsNMXl9-EWnj6Bajypug

Some of us were able to lock in a 3 day ARM  :gocho:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 27, 2023, 01:38:34 PM »

Nice try armchair pundit Steve Dave, I’m sure Elon knew exactly what he was getting into purchasing twitter.  He’s playing highly leveraged 4D chess.