Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109746 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #1375 on: October 07, 2023, 02:22:32 PM »
The good news is we’re not paying him very much (right??)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: October 07, 2023, 03:26:01 PM »
This team isn't better than 2014 or 2016.

I wasn't making the argument that they are, probably going to end up around the same as both of those teams, 8-4ish. Which makes the meltdown that some people are having, really confusing to me.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 07, 2023, 03:37:10 PM »
I think the meltdown is more about the performance than the outcome.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1378 on: October 07, 2023, 03:37:42 PM »
That's pretty disappointing for a team picked to compete for conference championship.

And only 3 more conference losses seems very unlikely.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1379 on: October 07, 2023, 03:39:34 PM »
But honestly we all know if KU finishes higher than KSU this year and on a path to pass the program then Klieman will have a warm seat very quickly.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: October 07, 2023, 03:47:26 PM »

I wasn't making the argument that they are, probably going to end up around the same as both of those teams, 8-4ish. Which makes the meltdown that some people are having, really confusing to me.

I think you might be the only one that still thinks this team can win 8 games.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 07, 2023, 04:16:56 PM »
But honestly we all know if KU finishes higher than KSU this year and on a path to pass the program then Klieman will have a warm seat very quickly.

LOL relax

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 07, 2023, 04:19:46 PM »

8-4 will be tough, but I still think Texas is the only definite loss on the schedule

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 07, 2023, 04:25:31 PM »

8-4 will be tough, but I still think Texas is the only definite loss on the schedule

Every road game is going to be a battle, especially if Will contiinues to be so generous/inconsistent.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 07, 2023, 04:27:11 PM »

Every road game is going to be a battle, especially if Will contiinues to be so generous/inconsistent.

Well yeah but we only have 3 road games left and Tech and KU are still very winnable.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 07, 2023, 04:30:08 PM »
ku is going to push our crap in

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 07, 2023, 04:33:15 PM »
In looking at the schedule, I don't see any SEMOs or Troys remaining?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 07, 2023, 04:43:39 PM »
the hawks won’t win another game this year post-ucf

@osu
ou
@isu
tech
@ksu east stadium
@cinci

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 07, 2023, 04:50:02 PM »
the hawks won’t win another game this year post-ucf

@osu
ou
@isu
tech
@ksu east stadium
@cinci

Live look at 'clams

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 07, 2023, 05:34:12 PM »

I actually think Texas is a win this year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 07, 2023, 11:28:37 PM »

Everyone thinks this team CAN win go 5-2 with the schedule we have left. If you, or anyone else, doesn't think we can win 8 that means you have doubts about 6 and I'll take that bet right now, name your terms.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 08, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »
at this point, i’m starting to think that coach snyder is telling opposing coaches our playbook in an effort to get klieman fired so that snyder could come back for one more shot at a natty

i’d love for anyone here to provide a more plausible explanation for what has transpired this season

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 08, 2023, 01:00:26 PM »

Everyone thinks this team CAN win go 5-2 with the schedule we have left. If you, or anyone else, doesn't think we can win 8 that means you have doubts about 6 and I'll take that bet right now, name your terms.

I honestly have no idea what any of this means.  I think Houston at home and Baylor at home are pretty much automatic W's to get to 5 total wins.  Don't see us winning any of the remaining road games.  If you win the remaining home games then you get to 7, split and you get 6.  To get to 8 would mean running the table at home and winning a road game against 3 teams that appear to be orders of magnitude better than OSU.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 08, 2023, 01:27:00 PM »

I honestly have no idea what any of this means.  I think Houston at home and Baylor at home are pretty much automatic W's to get to 5 total wins.  Don't see us winning any of the remaining road games.  If you win the remaining home games then you get to 7, split and you get 6.  To get to 8 would mean running the table at home and winning a road game against 3 teams that appear to be orders of magnitude better than OSU.

We've already beaten a few teams that are magnitudes of order better than OSU. OSU is probably the worst team that I have ever watched a K-State football team lose to.

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 08, 2023, 01:49:22 PM »

We've already beaten a few teams that are magnitudes of order better than OSU. OSU is probably the worst team that I have ever watched a K-State football team lose to.

Agreed, it was like perplexing to watch them just absolutely play one of the worst games tbh. I know they can do better
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1395 on: October 08, 2023, 02:15:43 PM »
The best team we've beaten is either UCF or Troy.  I don't see them as orders of magnitude better than Oklahoma State.  In fact I'd argue UCF is worse.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 08, 2023, 02:31:12 PM »
The best team we've beaten is either UCF or Troy.  I don't see them as orders of magnitude better than Oklahoma State.  In fact I'd argue UCF is worse.

UCF appears to not have a defense, which is one of the three phases of football (offense and special teams being the other two). I watched with my own (2) eyes as KSU displayed perhaps the strangest poor performance I've ever seen on Friday night. Will Howard looked like total ass. It was just an uncharacteristic game all around. I think you just burn the game film and treat it like it never even happened, because there was just too much weird ass crap that happened during that game. You guys are nowhere near as bad as you looked against OSU.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 08, 2023, 04:21:54 PM »

Yeah a lot of people don't realize that you can lose to a team that is worse than you are and you can still be a better team the rest of the way

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1398 on: October 08, 2023, 04:52:40 PM »
That's true.  My general rule is that you're probably better than the second best team you've beat and worse than the second worst team you lost to. 

In that case we're in between Missouri and Troy.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 08, 2023, 06:16:17 PM »
at this point, i’m starting to think that coach snyder is telling opposing coaches our playbook in an effort to get klieman fired so that snyder could come back for one more shot at a natty

i’d love for anyone here to provide a more plausible explanation for what has transpired this season

Clams just out here showing where all the bodies are buried. Like yeah, of course, obviously there is not a single person alive on this planet who doesn’t realize there is a saboteur in the ranks. There is absolutely treachery afoot but you don’t need to go broadcasting it to the whole dang world!