Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109474 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #1350 on: September 20, 2023, 03:52:24 PM »
Spartan Fans is saying our guy is their top candidate

If I was them I'd go after Lightpole.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 20, 2023, 04:00:45 PM »
Spartan Fans is saying our guy is their top candidate

If I was them I'd go after Lightpole.

definitely.  spartans are morons

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 20, 2023, 10:04:45 PM »
They aren't getting either so it's whatever. Average Big 10 programs thinking that Big 12 coaches are going to go to their schools only for them to hire an assistant or a P5 head coach is a tale as old as time. Add to that, the MSU job is toxic right now, they aren't getting anybody good.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 20, 2023, 10:09:16 PM »
Is tay tay prepared to not hire Collin?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 20, 2023, 10:27:47 PM »
Sparty fans want Elko
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2023, 10:12:20 AM »
They aren't getting either so it's whatever. Average Big 10 programs thinking that Big 12 coaches are going to go to their schools only for them to hire an assistant or a P5 head coach is a tale as old as time. Add to that, the MSU job is toxic right now, they aren't getting anybody good.

Tucker came from Colorado! Just a year, but still. They aren't exactly Purdue.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 21, 2023, 11:06:03 AM »

Yeah, Colorado was a G5 program and their athletic department was dead broke. You think Michigan State or any other non West Coast based Big 10 program not named Ohio State or Michigan would even get an interview with Deion today?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 21, 2023, 12:52:34 PM »

Yeah, Colorado was a G5 program and their athletic department was dead broke. You think Michigan State or any other non West Coast based Big 10 program not named Ohio State or Michigan would even get an interview with Deion today?

GBR!

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 06, 2023, 08:48:07 PM »
Thanks for last year, but this just isn't working out.

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 06, 2023, 08:58:34 PM »
Last year was his ceiling

Offline 96 Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 06, 2023, 10:34:06 PM »
I just want to throw this out there. Anyone here get the feeling that Kleinman is throwing games? I have been watching college football since 1984 and I have never seen a coach handicap a team in games like Kleinman has. Mizzu and this game tonight at OSU and previous losses that were done by bonehead coaching. Johnson is clearly better than Howard and Ward is clearly better than Giddens. As bad as the Cats looked they are clearly better than OSU and all they had to do was run the ball. Going for 2 when it was clear they didn't need it at all??? The botching of the Mizzu game? Keeping Howard in when he was clearly hurt??? Is Vegas going to break his kneecaps if he wins???? Something stinks!!!!! Is Kleinman being paid to Kill K-State??? This may just be a game but the corruption of this country is out of control. With money going to players is did Howard take a dive??? Is Vegas fixing everything???

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 06, 2023, 10:34:21 PM »
Lol

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 06, 2023, 10:42:45 PM »
I just want to throw this out there. Anyone here get the feeling that Kleinman is throwing games? I have been watching college football since 1984 and I have never seen a coach handicap a team in games like Kleinman has. Mizzu and this game tonight at OSU and previous losses that were done by bonehead coaching. Johnson is clearly better than Howard and Ward is clearly better than Giddens. As bad as the Cats looked they are clearly better than OSU and all they had to do was run the ball. Going for 2 when it was clear they didn't need it at all??? The botching of the Mizzu game? Keeping Howard in when he was clearly hurt??? Is Vegas going to break his kneecaps if he wins???? Something stinks!!!!! Is Kleinman being paid to Kill K-State??? This may just be a game but the corruption of this country is out of control. With money going to players is did Howard take a dive??? Is Vegas fixing everything???
I understand your frustration with the coaching decisions and game outcomes, but making accusations of coaches throwing games or suggesting that there's a conspiracy involving Vegas is a serious matter. It's important to remember that sports outcomes can be unpredictable, and coaches make decisions based on their judgment and the information they have at the time.

If you have concerns about the coaching or the integrity of the games, it's best to voice those concerns through appropriate channels, such as discussions with fellow fans, sports analysts, or your school's athletic department. Jumping to conclusions about corruption without evidence can be damaging and unfair to the individuals involved.

Remember that sports can be emotional, and sometimes things don't go as expected, but it's essential to approach such matters with a rational and evidence-based perspective.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 06, 2023, 10:54:36 PM »
I understand your frustration with the coaching decisions and game outcomes, but making accusations of coaches throwing games or suggesting that there's a conspiracy involving Vegas is a serious matter. It's important to remember that sports outcomes can be unpredictable, and coaches make decisions based on their judgment and the information they have at the time.

If you have concerns about the coaching or the integrity of the games, it's best to voice those concerns through appropriate channels, such as discussions with fellow fans, sports analysts, or your school's athletic department. Jumping to conclusions about corruption without evidence can be damaging and unfair to the individuals involved.

Remember that sports can be emotional, and sometimes things don't go as expected, but it's essential to approach such matters with a rational and evidence-based perspective.

This guy's not a bot.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 06, 2023, 11:16:13 PM »
Back to reality... I do find it interesting that Klieman probably has about the same WTF losses in 5 years that Synder had in all of Synder 1.0 or 2.0. Klieman obviously also has the highs of beating teams like OU, but still.

There's a fair bit of comfort in knowing you're going to beat the teams you should and lose to the teams you should. And Klieman is taking a massive dump all over that concept.

Is that better/worse?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: October 06, 2023, 11:18:41 PM »
Back to reality... I do find it interesting that Klieman probably has about the same WTF losses in 5 years that Synder had in all of Synder 1.0 or 2.0. Klieman obviously also has the highs of beating teams like OU, but still.

There's a fair bit of comfort in knowing you're going to beat the teams you should and lose to the teams you should. And Klieman is taking a massive dump all over that concept.

Is that better/worse?

It's a different time, reflect at the end of the season

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 06, 2023, 11:20:32 PM »

Is that better/worse?

WHAT IF I WANT TO BE ANGRY RIGHT NOW kRUSTY, HUH!?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 06, 2023, 11:39:11 PM »

Is that better/worse?

WHAT IF I WANT TO BE ANGRY RIGHT NOW kRUSTY, HUH!?

YEAH!

Patience is for puss... I mean, wimps.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 06, 2023, 11:51:30 PM »

Is that better/worse?

Snyder 2.0? You're misremembering the crap out of that. Snyder 2.0 was good for two seasons. This team is better that any pre or post Klein QB'd team that Snyder 2.0 had. crap, for that matter Snyder 1.0 had entire WTF seasons, '01 and '04 immediately come to mind.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 07, 2023, 12:08:21 AM »

Is that better/worse?

Snyder 2.0? You're misremembering the crap out of that. Snyder 2.0 was good for two seasons. This team is better that any pre or post Klein QB'd team that Snyder 2.0 had. crap, for that matter Snyder 1.0 had entire WTF seasons, '01 and '04 immediately come to mind.

I think its debatable on both fronts...

That '01 team had a raw Roberson as QB and weak leadership (Lockett, Leber, etc) and the 04 team had Bazooka Joe like issues at QB.

I'm referencing more talent vs. output - Snyder 1.0 mostly outperformed and I'd argue Snyder 2.0 did as well.

Is this Klieman team less talented than any of Synder 2.0 teams (aside from maybe 2011 and 2012)?

I don't think so, but it's a fair question.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 07, 2023, 06:27:04 AM »
This team isn't better than 2014 or 2016.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 07, 2023, 07:47:57 AM »
Small-slow-not very athletic

Chris Kleiman taking a team into Stillwater, OK and that team looking like dog poop is batting 1000

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 07, 2023, 08:53:33 AM »

Is that better/worse?

The game last night actually reminded me of Baylor in 2012. Playing a conference opponent in a night road game who really shouldn’t have had a shot.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 07, 2023, 10:48:43 AM »

Is that better/worse?

The game last night actually reminded me of Baylor in 2012. Playing a conference opponent in a night road game who really shouldn’t have had a shot.

Except 2012 Baylor was kind of on the upswing when we played them (I think they won maybe 3 straight at that point) and then they continued that upward trajectory for the next 2 seasons or wherever briles got the shitcanning he so richly deserved. I don’t think this okie lite team is going anywhere

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 07, 2023, 12:11:10 PM »

Is that better/worse?

2011, 2012, 2014, 2016 are all better than 2023 team
2013, 2017 are the same as this team