Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109467 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #1325 on: September 17, 2023, 09:11:41 AM »
Would also like to add the last play was pretty indicative of shitty preparation. Apparently there was no scouting report on their kicker. rough ridin' doesn't bother trying to block it and sets up a return thinking there is a chance he's not going to at least clear the end zone.....

:lol: you are funny as hell after losses.

If you're going to have a tantrum about the last play the least you could do is get mad that we had two 8s on the field at the same time
OMG!

I had assumed too many men on the field which is equally egregious. I think we had a time out there as well.

Not pressuring the kick was a rough ridin'  egregious decision as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 17, 2023, 09:29:52 AM »
Would also like to add the last play was pretty indicative of shitty preparation. Apparently there was no scouting report on their kicker. rough ridin' doesn't bother trying to block it and sets up a return thinking there is a chance he's not going to at least clear the end zone.....

If you're going to have a tantrum about the last play the least you could do is get mad that we had two 8s on the field at the same time
OMG!

I had assumed too many men on the field which is equally egregious. I think we had a time out there as well.

some say he would have made it from 70!
sometimes you just gotta realize it’s over, we lost. 

i want you to go into the upstairs bathroom and look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself- did these guys play well enough to win the ballgame yesterday?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 17, 2023, 09:46:07 AM »
We weren't going to win in OT anyway.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 17, 2023, 10:05:40 AM »
We weren't going to win in OT anyway.
Squawk outted
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 17, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »
We scored 3 points on our last four drives with one legged Will.  Unless AJ was coming out for OT we didn't stand a chance.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 18, 2023, 12:37:27 AM »

OMG!

What the hell do you mean, pressuring the kick? Do you think the 10 guys on the line weren't trying to block the kick? How many blocked field goals have you ever seen? You wanna guess how many field goals Harrison Meavis has had blocked in his career?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 18, 2023, 12:38:27 PM »

OMG!

What the hell do you mean, pressuring the kick? Do you think the 10 guys on the line weren't trying to block the kick? How many blocked field goals have you ever seen? You wanna guess how many field goals Harrison Meavis has had blocked in his career?
[/quote]

We absolutely did not pressure that kick up the middle at all.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 18, 2023, 12:54:39 PM »
They did not pressure the kicker at all, and I understand why you wouldn’t on a 61 yard attempt. You don’t want to chance an offsides or roughing penalty on such a low percentage kick.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 18, 2023, 01:04:59 PM »
They did not pressure the kicker at all, and I understand why you wouldn’t on a 61 yard attempt. You don’t want to chance an offsides or roughing penalty on such a low percentage kick.
Or a fake.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 18, 2023, 01:07:40 PM »
i think the only head scratcher for me is Klieman not being prepared to call timeout when we got that delay of game at the goalline. he's always prepared to do that. i know he explained in the postgame that he trusted Will to get the play off, but that doesn't make much sense to me. i've seen him sprint his ass of several times to get a timeout called it's usually something he's prepared for.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 18, 2023, 01:10:09 PM »
You pressure it up the middle where you think the ball path is likely to be.  You put big guys in there to push the line back and get hands up because with the longer kick the trajectory is likely to be lower.

There was a side view of the kick that made it look like if a hand was in the right place itd had a chance to be blocked.  Travis Britz had a knack for it.

I'm fine not coming off the edge but we should have stacked up that right side of the kicking formation to try and get a push there.

We chose to play the return and it would have allowed mizzou to rekick after a 5 yard penalty because we didn't get brooks/lee the velcro/zipper jersey on.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 18, 2023, 01:15:55 PM »
Whenever one of our coaches makes a mistake on game day I always think to myself, would an AI-powered human/robot hybrid i.e. cyborg have made that same mistake? And if not, why don't we have one on the sidelines?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 18, 2023, 02:18:08 PM »
Huge loser take, but I'm kind of glad he made it.

If he missed it (especially a couple yards short), then we got the duplicate number 5 yard penalty to bail out Drinkwitz, and he made it on the second one from 56, it would suck way worse on a nut punch level.

Losing on the longest field goal in the history of the SEC is more of a wow, wtf just happened moment.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 18, 2023, 02:48:40 PM »
Huge loser take, but I'm kind of glad he made it.

If he missed it (especially a couple yards short), then we got the duplicate number 5 yard penalty to bail out Drinkwitz, and he made it on the second one from 56, it would suck way worse on a nut punch level.

Losing on the longest field goal in the history of the SEC is more of a wow, wtf just happened moment.

this is true.

It won't feel as bad getting drilled by UCF at home because we're exposed as frauds now.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 18, 2023, 03:10:37 PM »
Again, UCF is without its QB1. Cats are favored by a touchdown.

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 18, 2023, 06:07:28 PM »
QB2 looked adequate to me.

kono

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 18, 2023, 06:44:09 PM »
Our QB1 ain't exactly 100%

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 18, 2023, 06:57:15 PM »
Big 12 champion William Howard was a backup qb too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 18, 2023, 07:51:31 PM »

OMG!

We absolutely did not pressure that kick up the middle at all.

So what? You know just bull rushing the middle isn't the only way to block a field goal, right? I'm never going to play the "you think you know better than the coach" card but I think that questioning field goal blocking play calls is a pretty niche thing that I'm guessing it helps, a lot, to have some experience in assessing what you're talking about.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1703594656787833220

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 18, 2023, 09:18:54 PM »
Every season Fuckhead is going to lose a game he shouldn't, it's just part of the deal, get used to it.

IT never hurt OU.  We beat their ass three times and they still went to the CFP.  So in concern for our loss, who gives a eff.  I have to admit the AP and Coaches Poll were just waiting to knock us out of the top 25.  This is their way of keeping us as far away from the CFP as possible.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 18, 2023, 09:44:11 PM »
How deep does this go daxdaddy?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 18, 2023, 11:17:32 PM »
Years and years, my friend lib-bot seed 7.  We are a G5 school trying to play with the BIG BOYS in their eyes.  It's the old kick them when they're Down, syndrome.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 19, 2023, 09:25:14 AM »
Years and years, my friend lib-bot seed 7.  We are a G5 school trying to play with the BIG BOYS in their eyes.  It's the old kick them when they're Down, syndrome.

hey now

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 19, 2023, 09:40:35 AM »
Respected

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile