Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 109734 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #625 on: October 17, 2021, 08:15:13 PM »
I don't know how you scheme your way out of that LB room. (Or any other room with an injury or two)
LBs are all healthy though.  They just stink.
Yes. And that's totally on the coaches but unless you're getting an ace recruiter I don't think a coordinator change will fix much

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 17, 2021, 08:15:54 PM »
I don't know how you scheme your way out of that LB room. (Or any other room with an injury or two)
Yes. And that's totally on the coaches but unless you're getting an ace recruiter I don't think a coordinator change will fix much
I'm in favor of this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 17, 2021, 08:16:39 PM »

Exactly. We have a talent problem, I don't see a scheme problem and I don't know if any of us are qualified to do so. They say these young guys in the program has what it takes, we'll see.

One criticism of the staff I have in general, and I blame the head coach for this, is that we commit far too many mistakes given the thin margins we have. That 12 men on the field call after we made a 3rd down stop then gave up the 3rd down conversion after the penalty, that eventually led to a score, is emblematic of the bullshit that happens with this program that needs to stop.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 17, 2021, 08:19:49 PM »
I'm in favor of this.

As a developmental program we have to be patient enough to see if their evaluation is good enough to build this program, we aren't there yet. Their first real class, the '20 class has had one spring in the program and it was just 6 months ago.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 17, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »
I'm in favor of this.

Yes. It’s why Klieman needs to be willing to cut bait on the underperforming assistants, and Gene needs to be willing to open up the budget enough to pay the kinds of guys that will bring in studs.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2021, 08:52:22 PM »
Yeah, the defense has been pretty bad for the last season and a half.  I agree the players are bad, and it's hard to judge scheme.  I think in year three (even with an abridged 2020), it's fair to start placing some of the responsibility of "the players are bad" on the coaches -- especially when recruiting doesn't seem to be on an upward trajectory -- and what we currently have is largely built on a patchwork of one year transfers.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 17, 2021, 09:00:02 PM »
What does a staff payroll that has us consistently in the top half of the conference standings while competing for conference titles every 3-4 years or so look like?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 17, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »
What does a staff payroll that has us consistently in the top half of the conference standings while competing for conference titles every 3-4 years or so look like?
From a 2018 article on OSU's rivals site:

If we take a look across the Big 12, Baylor and TCU weren’t listed as they’re private institutions, but Texas checks in at No. 1 as they pay their assistant coaches a combined $5,955,000 a year, Oklahoma at No. 2 with $5,465,040 a year, Oklahoma State at No. 3 with $4,150,000 a year, Kansas State at No. 4 with $3,599,000 a year, West Virginia at No. 5 with $3,447,575 a year, Texas Tech at No. 6 with $3,008,000 a year, Kansas at No. 7 with $3,002,299 a year and Iowa State No. 8 with $2,982,500 a year

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2021, 09:04:30 PM »
Wait so why couldn't we get Scheelhaase?

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2021, 09:08:05 PM »
Oklahoma States lowest paid assistant coach makes 250k (after reductions due to COVID).  Roughly 800k for coordinators and 500k for senior assistants.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 17, 2021, 09:16:17 PM »
Two questions: was Blake Seiler a good recruiter? And did he get fired at WVU?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 17, 2021, 09:17:15 PM »
Oklahoma States lowest paid assistant coach makes 250k (after reductions due to COVID).  Roughly 800k for coordinators and 500k for senior assistants.

Yeah, I saw Hazelton is earning > $900k nowadays

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 17, 2021, 09:19:02 PM »
His defense at ODU does not look very good after a quick glance at their schedule. Do not know the context, but that seems like he made a bad career move

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 17, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »

Looks like he left on good terms. Took the DC job at Old Dominion, joining former Cats assistant HC Ricky Rahne.

Raine is earning just under $800k. He took over last year, but their season was cancelled. Seiler was a big part of WVU's recent recruiting surge.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:33:43 PM by nicname »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2021, 09:28:20 PM »
ha, we're googling at the same time.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »
Is Rahne still a hot name in coaching these days?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2021, 09:36:45 PM »
Dimel turned around one of lossiest programs in cfb and most of you wanted him fired years ago for feeding his kid the rock. Not sure who to listen to here.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
Dimel turned around one of lossiest programs in cfb and most of you wanted him fired years ago for feeding his kid the rock. Not sure who to listen to here.

:lol: :lol: 6 degrees of Blake Seiler . The following was posted in the movie thread ...

Watched Happy Valley on Netflix last night. Pretty well done. Good showcase of the Sandusky/Penn State fiasco from basically all angles. After watching, I can absolutely see the exact same thing playing out if it had been Snyder in Joe Pa's shoes. I'll just assume Snyder would have done more than "tell his boss" if someone saw Dimel or some longtime assistant playing check the oil with some teen in his private shower or something.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »

Don't know what prompted this. Posted in the Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread ...

If I ever said anything positive about Dimel as head coach ITT, just go ahead and strike that right from the record.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2021, 09:50:09 PM »
UTEP got crushed by Boise State.  And didn’t we have like real problems with QB injuries when he was the OC year after year?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 17, 2021, 10:55:51 PM »
Dimel’s juggernaut scored 7 points against Vanderbilt when we went there in 2017 or whatever. Happy for his and UTEP’s recent success. Feel zero percent bad about trashing him for his tenure here.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 17, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »
When you approach futility of the Stan Parrish days, some people do question what the heck is going on. Evidently K-State is the only program impacted by Covid.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 17, 2021, 11:24:15 PM »
When you approach futility of the Stan Parrish days, some people do question what the heck is going on. Evidently K-State is the only program impacted by Covid.
I think LSU had a ton of holdouts last year.  So I would say at least 2 schools.  And we are apparently the only one that won’t can our coach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 17, 2021, 11:39:00 PM »
I'm in favor of this.

Yes. It’s why Klieman needs to be willing to cut bait on the underperforming assistants, and Gene needs to be willing to open up the budget enough to pay the kinds of guys that will bring in studs.

Who are the underperforming assistants and how are you measuring that?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 17, 2021, 11:42:48 PM »
His defense at ODU does not look very good after a quick glance at their schedule. Do not know the context, but that seems like he made a bad career move

It's a long term gig. Unless they are completely on some clown crap they will have that job for a very long time without getting fired. They are literally building that program from nothing. It seems to be low risk, high reward. They'll get all the time in the world to build ODU up, if they have success all of those coaches will get better jobs in no time.