Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 111226 times)

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #400 on: October 04, 2021, 07:30:42 PM »
Definitely not going to fire Mess. I don’t think he needs to though.

I think Mess needs to go, but it won’t happen.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 04, 2021, 09:54:42 PM »
He can coach em up with the best of them and his guys play hard, but I dunno if he’ll ever get good enough players or have enough depth

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 04, 2021, 10:12:52 PM »
He can coach em up with the best of them and his guys play hard, but I dunno if he’ll ever get good enough players or have enough depth

I think this is my lone criticism. I remember in his first year he missed out on some good, in-state linemen who went to Nebraska. I told myself he'd be able to get guys like that after 2-3 years and so far he hasn't been able to do that.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 04, 2021, 10:23:04 PM »
success breeds success.  Gotta win some to get the recruits to actually pay attention - also, keep in mind how many small town kids aren't really interested in staying in Ks no matter the circumstances.  A chance to get away is one they're likely to take.

Mostly though, have people forgotten just how bare the cupboard was when Kleiman took over?  I for one think he's done pretty damned good filling holes with the transfer portal. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #404 on: October 04, 2021, 11:03:02 PM »
I’d probably be less angry about Klieman if I thought there was any chance he would actually fire Messingham.

Numbers are numbers, and Klieman has 1 more win than Prince after the same number of games. That, along with this conference losing streak, doesn’t really make me feel like this ship is heading anywhere but a mediocre path for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like KSU will be a perennial 7-5 program with a few 9 wins seasons sprinkled in here and there, then maybe once in a blue moon they get lucky and win 10 or something. This is close to what Snyder 2.0 was. Maybe they get a bit better with new Big 12.

This is basically what TCU has been in the Big 12. Add another win per season and you get OSU. Two of the longest tenured coaches in college football. Really not a bad spot to be at all.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2021, 11:34:52 PM »
success breeds success.  Gotta win some to get the recruits to actually pay attention - also, keep in mind how many small town kids aren't really interested in staying in Ks no matter the circumstances.  A chance to get away is one they're likely to take.

Mostly though, have people forgotten just how bare the cupboard was when Kleiman took over?  I for one think he's done pretty damned good filling holes with the transfer portal.
This tuck talking point might be valid if these kids weren’t going to places like Lincoln, Ames, or Stillwater. Those are just giant recruiting misses.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2021, 12:31:11 AM »

This tuck talking point might be valid if these kids weren’t going to places like Lincoln, Ames, or Stillwater. Those are just giant recruiting misses.

Where'd you grow up?

I grew up about an hour north of Manhattan - and Lincoln would have been just fine to 18 year old me.  As would Ames and Stillwater.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2021, 01:00:25 PM »

Where'd you grow up?

I grew up about an hour north of Manhattan - and Lincoln would have been just fine to 18 year old me.  As would Ames and Stillwater.

And would Manhattan not have been? Not sure I get your point.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »
Can we get Urban?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »
Can we get Urban?

Hearing it's already done

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »

Where'd you grow up?

I’m sure you’re deliberately ignoring the point.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2021, 01:52:34 PM »
Can we get Urban?
That's a "retread" I could get behind

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »

Where'd you grow up?

Maybe you just grew up too far away from Oklahoma to know better, but Stillwater over Manhattan makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »
muqluk, is your point the kids from Wichita we lose OSU and the kids from KC we lose to ISU, MU or NU want to get away from home for school?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2021, 03:43:08 PM »
muqluk, is your point the kids from Wichita we lose OSU and the kids from KC we lose to ISU, MU or NU want to get away from home for school?

ISU got Hall from Wichita.  Sucks we didn't get off our asses and recruit that boy.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2021, 03:46:01 PM »
Also, OSU and OU grab the best from Wichita most of the time.  WTF is going on with our recruiting.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »

Not all of them, no. But it does need to be factored in that this will very much be involved in some of those lost kids.

And after having been to Oklahoma I would be inclined to agree. At 18 however, I wouldn’t have anything more to go on than ‘it’s out of Ks’ and that would have been a potential selling point.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2021, 04:15:13 PM »
OU and other national programs taking the top 1 or 2 players in KS or KC sucks but there ain't much KSU can do about it, imo

losing the next 2-6 players in the top 10 peer programs in the region is a problem that i hoped CK would solve and and 2021 is looking better in KS but part of that may be the pool of players

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2021, 04:27:30 PM »
OU and other national programs taking the top 1 or 2 players in KS or KC sucks but there ain't much KSU can do about it, imo

losing the next 2-6 players in the top 10 peer programs in the region is a problem that i hoped CK would solve and and 2021 is looking better in KS but part of that may be the pool of players

How many of the top 3-8 players you think KSU should reasonably get?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 05, 2021, 05:03:06 PM »
more than OSU or ISU

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 05, 2021, 05:25:58 PM »

Where'd you grow up?

No, I legitimately do not get your point. You think kids from Kansas would rather go somewhere like Stillwater over Manhattan because it 'isn't Kansas'? Having been a kid from rural Kansas once upon a time and having visited both of those towns that is preposterous. If that is the case, the staff did a terrible job on selling Manhattan and K-State, which proves most of our points here.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2021, 05:28:20 PM »
more than OSU or ISU

So mission accomplished?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2021, 05:55:10 PM »

Where'd you grow up?

No, I legitimately do not get your point. You think kids from Kansas would rather go somewhere like Stillwater over Manhattan because it 'isn't Kansas'? Having been a kid from rural Kansas once upon a time and having visited both of those towns that is preposterous. If that is the case, the staff did a terrible job on selling Manhattan and K-State, which proves most of our points here.

No it doesn’t - not unless they’re literally missing on all of them.

There are more factors than Manhattan being more or less attractive to an individual.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2021, 10:02:26 PM »
Can we get Urban?

I don't think our program could bounce back quickly from the mess he leaves when he's done. It took Florida like 3 coaches. It'd be an amazing 4 years followed by the worst heroin detox O.A.T.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »
Can we get Urban?

I don't think our program could bounce back quickly from the mess he leaves when he's done. It took Florida like 3 coaches. It'd be an amazing 4 years followed by the worst heroin detox O.A.T.
Ohio State and Utah weren't bad. Also kinda crazy that Andy Ludwig is the current OC at Utah. (Found this when confirming Wittingham followed Meyer)