Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 112225 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2021, 04:11:03 PM »
I just want to know who abbreviates million as mln. when talking about money (or anything, really). Are you like from New Zealand or something? Are you a commie? What gives?
Try hard factor:  10/10

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2021, 04:18:14 PM »
Matt Ruhle's Baylor the only B12 example I can think of. Kind of a strange situation there.

Campbell 5 years.  Briles 5 years. 6 years Gundy.  We better give this Klieman dude more time it appears.

were any of those coaches over .500 in conference before that season? Campbell was close but I don't want to do the math.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2021, 04:21:30 PM »
I just want to know who abbreviates million as mln. when talking about money (or anything, really). Are you like from New Zealand or something? Are you a commie? What gives?

Have fun factor: 0/10

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2021, 04:30:05 PM »
7 straight conference losses has me mumped up

If we go 5-4 to finish conference play I’ll be stoked.  4-5 I’ll be content.  3-6 and I’ll be disappointed.  2-7 and I’ll probably be ready to move on from the Klieman experiment.

I hope you guys do run off Coach Klansman and then learn that things can get worse, and worse. And worse...

Gene won’t run him off, so he’s safe.

Neither will the fans

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2021, 04:33:24 PM »
Even Campbell led ISU to a 3rd place finish (tie) in the conference his third year at the helm. I'm not advocating we want to be ISU at all, but simply pointing out his team finished in the top third of the conference.

While Gundy didn't compete for a conference championship until his fifth year (finishing second in South division at 6-2 and overall record of 9-4), he showed steady progression each year.

As pointed out, Rhule finished second in the conference his third year and he inherited a disaster.

Looking outside our conference, PJ Fleck finished second in the BIG 10 his third year at Minnesota. Certainly not a blue blood program there.

Hell, even Mack Brown had the Tarheels in the Orange Bowl last year and finished up 7-3 in the conference and that was his second year.

There are plenty of examples of coaches getting there teams in the running for a conference championship in under half a decade.......I don't know why we think Kliegoober needs 5-6 years to play some meaningful games in November.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »
Matt Ruhle's Baylor the only B12 example I can think of. Kind of a strange situation there.

Campbell 5 years.  Briles 5 years. 6 years Gundy.  We better give this Klieman dude more time it appears.

were any of those coaches over .500 in conference before that season? Campbell was close but I don't want to do the math.

Briles .400, gundy .475 Campbell .500
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 04, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »

Have fun factor: 0/10

:dunno:

Maybe b/c the company I work for is European. Force of habit....

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2021, 04:36:59 PM »
Even Campbell led ISU to a 3rd place finish (tie) in the conference his third year at the helm. I'm not advocating we want to be ISU at all, but simply pointing out his team finished in the top third of the conference.

While Gundy didn't compete for a conference championship until his fifth year (finishing second in South division at 6-2 and overall record of 9-4), he showed steady progression each year.

As pointed out, Rhule finished second in the conference his third year and he inherited a disaster.

Looking outside our conference, PJ Fleck finished second in the BIG 10 his third year at Minnesota. Certainly not a blue blood program there.

Hell, even Mack Brown had the Tarheels in the Orange Bowl last year and finished up 7-3 in the conference and that was his second year.

There are plenty of examples of coaches getting there teams in the running for a conference championship in under half a decade.......I don't know why we think Kliegoober needs 5-6 years to play some meaningful games in November.

Kileman did it in his first, you dumb sonofabitch! Also are you 7 years old? Stop typing Kliegoober, it doesn't make sense and it isn't remotely clever.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 04, 2021, 04:45:53 PM »
Kliegoober

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 04, 2021, 04:51:44 PM »
oh dang i was reading it at booger not goober

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 04, 2021, 04:53:46 PM »
purple apathy needs to enroll in the sonofdaxjones school of weird nicknames

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 04, 2021, 05:00:08 PM »
I think Purple Apathy is ridiculous but I also wonder how much of the piss and vinegar this place has lost over time.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 04, 2021, 05:02:08 PM »
RP wishes a lot of you people felt this way 13 years ago.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 04, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »

Kileman did it in his first, you dumb sonofabitch! Also are you 7 years old? Stop typing Kliegoober, it doesn't make sense and it isn't remotely clever.

Fair point, but the Big XII was bad enough that year where 5-4 got you third as opposed to 6-3 like Campbell. Campbell finished behind #4 Oklahoma and #9 Texas and tied with #20 WVU.

In Kliegoober's first year, there was a 4-way tie for third place behind a #7 Oklahoma and #13 Baylor. Texas was the highest rated 3rd place finisher at #25.

Why settle for first when a 4-way tie for third is available.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »

Fair point, but the Big XII was bad enough that year where 5-4 got you third as opposed to 6-3 like Campbell. Campbell finished behind #4 Oklahoma and #9 Texas and tied with #20 WVU.

In Kliegoober's first year, there was a 4-way tie for third place behind a #7 Oklahoma and #13 Baylor. Texas was the highest rated 3rd place finisher at #25.

LOL come on dude

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 04, 2021, 05:11:22 PM »
I think Purple Apathy is ridiculous but I also wonder how much of the piss and vinegar this place has lost over time.

A ton, but what happens now seems so incredibly forced and performative. It's tough to have a legit conversation about pros and cons because some of the "critiques" are just absolutely ridiculous. Like look at this, how can anyone not think this is even a real thing.

I also don't blame Kli for being pretty dependant on the only QB on the roster he inherited at this point (granted he is fortunate to still have him on the roster at this point).

Did Fh actually benefit from the COVID season/circumstance perhaps more so than any other coach/program?

Hamburglar is a great poster, legit great, but what the hell was that on Sunday morning? Mad about the pace? Even when it turned out to have absolutely no bearing on the outcome? We've definitely lost our fastball, I think the program being generally vanilla is a cause of that, but man, when we try to force the zeal, it looks sad, like Shaq out there with the Cavs old, fat, and rich.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 04, 2021, 05:14:00 PM »
RP wishes a lot of you people felt this way 13 years ago.

lol, right on cue. Thanks boys.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »

A ton, but what happens now seems so incredibly forced and performative. It's tough to have a legit conversation about pros and cons because some of the "critiques" are just absolutely ridiculous. Like look at this, how can anyone not think this is even a real thing.

I also don't blame Kli for being pretty dependant on the only QB on the roster he inherited at this point (granted he is fortunate to still have him on the roster at this point).

Did Fh actually benefit from the COVID season/circumstance perhaps more so than any other coach/program?

Hamburglar is a great poster, legit great, but what the hell was that on Sunday morning? Mad about the pace? Even when it turned out to have absolutely no bearing on the outcome? We've definitely lost our fastball, I think the program being generally vanilla is a cause of that, but man, when we try to force the zeal, it looks sad, like Shaq out there with the Cavs old, fat, and rich.

Reconcile the arguments that COVID completely mumped over the 'cats with that the 'cats are currently getting mumped over by not having a healthy Skolar.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 04, 2021, 05:41:46 PM »

Reconcile the arguments that COVID completely mumped over the 'cats with that the 'cats are currently getting mumped over by not having a healthy Skolar.

I've never once made the argument that COVID mumped over K-State. Last year was done in by losing the starting quarterback and having the receivers and secondary decimated by injuries & in season transfers. I was very critical off Klieman and the transfers. Also rusty and I led the charge in calling last year a fake year, from start to finish, so no I had no part in the COVID boned K-State narrative.

If you're saying K-State is benefiting more from COVID than anyone else you're saying Skylar is the most impactful returning player in college football who otherwise wouldn't be if not for the pandemic, and I know you sure in the eff don't think that. So do you actually think K-State got boned by the pandemic more than any other team and you were just in full performance mode last year?

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 04, 2021, 06:08:31 PM »

I've never once made the argument that COVID mumped over K-State. Last year was done in by losing the starting quarterback and having the receivers and secondary decimated by injuries & in season transfers. I was very critical off Klieman and the transfers. Also rusty and I led the charge in calling last year a fake year, from start to finish, so no I had no part in the COVID boned K-State narrative.

If you're saying K-State is benefiting more from COVID than anyone else you're saying Skylar is the most impactful returning player in college football who otherwise wouldn't be if not for the pandemic, and I know you sure in the eff don't think that. So do you actually think K-State got boned by the pandemic more than any other team and you were just in full performance mode last year?

After watching the guys we put out there when Sky was hurt and then seeing the team again with a gimpy Skylar, I don't think this is a big stretch tbh

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 04, 2021, 06:16:21 PM »

I know you haven't made that argument, but the post of mine you quoted was about those arguments.  I absolutely don't think KSU got mumped by COVID and to any extent they were it may have been self-inflicted.

My perhaps-too-subtle point is that it's silly too give any sort of pass this year based on Skolar being out/unhealthy when he's only partially playing at all because of the pandemic rules.  It's especially silly to simultaneously give a pass for last year based on COVID generally or that COVID disproportionately hurt the 'cats.

If we're horrible without Skolar, the thought shouldn't be that it sucks he's hurt again.  It should be how in tf are we so reliant on a QB that should already be selling trucks this year but for a global pandemic and extra years given to an-y-one who needed one.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 04, 2021, 06:33:15 PM »
I’d probably be less angry about Klieman if I thought there was any chance he would actually fire Messingham.

Numbers are numbers, and Klieman has 1 more win than Prince after the same number of games. That, along with this conference losing streak, doesn’t really make me feel like this ship is heading anywhere but a mediocre path for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 04, 2021, 06:43:04 PM »
Definitely not going to fire Mess. I don’t think he needs to though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 04, 2021, 07:05:24 PM »
I’d probably be less angry about Klieman if I thought there was any chance he would actually fire Messingham.

Numbers are numbers, and Klieman has 1 more win than Prince after the same number of games. That, along with this conference losing streak, doesn’t really make me feel like this ship is heading anywhere but a mediocre path for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like KSU will be a perennial 7-5 program with a few 9 wins seasons sprinkled in here and there, then maybe once in a blue moon they get lucky and win 10 or something. This is close to what Snyder 2.0 was. Maybe they get a bit better with new Big 12.

This team is hard to read, they could easily finish the year 6-1 and we’d all be ecstatic. They could also finish 2-5, which would be incredibly disappointing and should put ck on the hot seat. Either way he gets to coach through 2023.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 04, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
Enraged Tucks and Kliemanites accept that 10/16 is a must win scenario.