Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 107982 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
I’m sure Howard will be the guy after Sky. I thought it was weird that walk on qb got the snap to take it to half vs miss st instead of him. Hope he kills it wherever he goes.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
This new transfer/redshirt rule is going to make coaches pucker between weeks 4 and 5 (if I understand the rules correctly). 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2019, 09:35:19 PM »
This new transfer/redshirt rule is going to make coaches pucker between weeks 4 and 5 (if I understand the rules correctly).

holcombe redshirted last season so that doesn't apply here. which makes it confusing. he's going to have to sit out his sophomore year with a chance to start somewhere as a junior, which is when he would have been in line to take over for thompson.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2019, 09:38:38 PM »

holcombe redshirted last season so that doesn't apply here. which makes it confusing. he's going to have to sit out his sophomore year with a chance to start somewhere as a junior, which is when he would have been in line to take over for thompson.

@mocat get in here

This either sounds like he a huge dumbass or something else is going on.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2019, 09:44:51 PM »
I don’t think this year will count. It will be like he never played, right?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2019, 09:46:28 PM »

Seems like a candidate to play JUCO instead of sitting out.  I suppose the prospect of playing TE the rest of the year was enough to peace out before the season though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2019, 01:42:17 AM »
I don’t think this year will count. It will be like he never played, right?

It counts, you don't get two redshirt seasons. He can play next season if he goes FCS. If he plays FBS the next time he sees the field he will be a redshirt junior.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 02, 2019, 05:49:40 AM »
Thank you

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:56 AM »
NOW, lets see if Holcombe II can even be on the same planet matching this.   

Tim McManusESPN Staff Writer

PHILADELPHIA -- Safety Malcolm Jenkins was asked for a favorite memory of running back Darren Sproles, and instead offered a striking thought.

"Every time I think about Darren, it's really one thing that constantly pops into my head," Jenkins said of his Philadelphia Eagles teammate. "He makes you reconsider if you want to be great."

He makes you reconsider if you want to be great.

Jenkins has seen Sproles' meticulous approach up close for nine years now -- first as his teammate with the New Orleans Saints and now in Philadelphia. He knows how hard Sproles trains. How he takes care of his body. How he always goes full speed at practice, even at age 36. That he habitually finishes every rep, not stopping until he's in the end zone. That he has done this day after day, year after year, without complaint. Jenkins, like most who have come into contact with Sproles, marvels.

PHILADELPHIA -- Safety Malcolm Jenkins was asked for a favorite memory of running back Darren Sproles, and instead offered a striking thought.

"Every time I think about Darren, it's really one thing that constantly pops into my head," Jenkins said of his Philadelphia Eagles teammate. "He makes you reconsider if you want to be great."

He makes you reconsider if you want to be great.

"Not many people can emulate that, which is why he is where he is," Jenkins said.

Sproles is closer to history, needing 35 yards against the Green Bay Packers on Thursday (8:20 p.m. ET, Fox) to move into fifth place all-time in NFL all-purpose yards, jumping over Tim Brown (19,682) and into the company of Jerry Rice (23,546), Brian Mitchell (23,330), Walter Payton (21,803) and Emmitt Smith (21,564).

Olathe North principal and former running backs coach Jason Herman: "Darren was so fast that they said, 'You have to run between the tackles.' If he ran a sweep, he was gone. There was nothing anyone could do about it so they said he had to stay between the tackles to make the game more fair. Well, that didn't work."

Wier: "The infamous one was his daddy, the first time he ever scored a touchdown, his daddy just reamed him because he spiked the ball. He was in like second or third grade and his dad got after him, and he never did that again.

Of note, Sproles' nine career return touchdowns (seven punt returns, two kick returns) are tied for sixth most in NFL history.

Smith: "His senior year, we begged him to come back and he did. We're playing Louisiana early in the season, and Darren runs for like 250 in the game, has some unbelievable numbers, but he fumbled twice. We go in Sunday morning to grade the film -- our staff room overlooked the stadium -- and we just see this guy out there running. Running plays by himself with a ball in his hand. It was Darren. Here's our best player, our All-American, our guy. He knows he's going pro, but just to see him take that part of his game so serious. And what he did is he took the game script out there and ran every play over, and just was carrying the ball, making moves on air. I don't want to make it sound like a movie but it's true, man. The dude was unbelievable. I tell people I've been fortunate to coach a lot of unbelievable players, but by far the best player I've ever coached was Darren."

Longtime trainer Todd Durkin: "When I think of Darren, I think way back to the days of LaDainian Tomlinson, when LT took Darren under his wing, brought him into the gym. Those two training together was like watching Ali and Frazier train together, man. My first impression is, 'Does this guy really play in the NFL?' He looks like a high school kid. And then when I saw him start to move, I'm like, 'My goodness. I thought LT had fast feet.' This guy had the quickest feet I've ever seen in my life."

Durkin: "I remember Darren specifically in a workout with LT, a future Hall of Famer, a guy like Drew, who had won a Super Bowl, and guys like Peanut Tillman, and Sprolsey just setting the tone in that workout. It got raised to an epic, iconic level on all aspects. Work, sweat, intensity, energy. I remember the music pumping. I didn't want that session to end because I knew someday the magic in that room was going to end. And it was Darren that set the tone.

"No one else sees, day in and day out, every single day of the week from February through July, the sacrifice that guy makes to be one of the best all-time. I've been able to see that for 10 years, and it's not a surprise to me that when he gets this mark ... it's not a mistake. It's not something that a 5-6, 190-pound guy just stumbled across success on this. It's truly a testament to his character, his work ethic, his determination, his sacrifice, his everything. It's who Darren Sproles is."

Rookie running back Miles Sanders: "That's my dog, man. That's the OG. I told him the first day I met him, I told him, 'For real, you've got all the respect out of me. Being your size, the position that we play in this league, and for you to be here for 15 years, I told him you've got all the respect out of me. I'm in his ear every day, asking him questions, how he thinks on certain runs and certain looks, basically just picking his brain."

Jenkins: "I feel like the last few years, especially with some of the injuries, he's contemplated whether he wants to hang up the cleats or not, I think it's kind of been a year-to-year thing, but I feel like I know him enough to know he can still do it, and he's got something about him that wants to go out with a bang. So it's not surprising for me to see how he's performing this season for us, and I have a feeling this is going to be a special year."

Only 15 players in NFL history standing 5-foot-6 or smaller have reached 1,000 all-purpose yards. No. 2 in that category, Buddy Young (1947-55), finished with 9,593 yards – more than 10,000 less than Sproles. History will judge him not on size but production, and will find in that respect, he stood shoulder to shoulder with Hall of Famers.

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »
Can you tldnr that?

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
Can you tldnr that?
Sproles busts ass, it pays off, super stud
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2019, 11:10:50 AM »
Kinda annoying that they begged Sproles to come back for that crap 2004 season

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2019, 12:04:48 PM »
How come when I bust ass, my teammates get pissed? :confused:

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2019, 05:14:02 PM »
It's time to start discussing a Klieman replacement

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Keep sawing stone, pounding wood.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2019, 05:49:22 PM »
What the eff does that Sproles stuff have to do with John Holcombe?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »
I think the implication is when we can Kli we will hire proven winner Sproles and he won’t drive good recruits away because his face doesn’t look like shaved ham

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2019, 12:34:42 PM »
I think the implication is when we can Kli we will hire proven winner Sproles and he won’t drive good recruits away because his face doesn’t look like shaved ham

You and I know this overblown pig snout wasn't worth a 7 time raise from MV coaching salary. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2019, 12:00:10 AM »
#CANHAM

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2019, 05:03:33 AM »
Is tater gone yet?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
nope, CAN KLIEMAN.

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2019, 12:55:54 PM »
PurpleOil

Too bad none of you ignorant hay eaters remember how long it took for HOFHCBS to install his system.

But then Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »
PurpleOil

Too bad none of you ignorant hay eaters remember how long it took for HOFHCBS to install his system.

But then Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Did we give Snyder a 700% raise to come here?

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2019, 05:10:54 PM »
Probably