Author Topic: chum1's dumb job stories  (Read 57427 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: chum1's dumb job stories
« Reply #650 on: February 16, 2022, 02:59:22 PM »
Also, t-shirt update.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 16, 2022, 03:12:19 PM »
are we still chugging along with two full time jobs? great shirt btw

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 16, 2022, 03:16:10 PM »
are we still chugging along with two full time jobs?

10 months in!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 16, 2022, 03:18:13 PM »
Lmao

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 16, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
You are our hero.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 16, 2022, 03:41:51 PM »
 :lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 22, 2022, 08:27:32 AM »
Company wide email:

Subject: Employee Announcement

Please join me in welcoming Nicole ...

Reply from Roy:

A big welcome to Nickole.

ROY! WTF!?

Haha, some guy in my company sent out one of these, welcoming Lorraine to a new position.  After the usual, Lorraine has done this, went to school here, she is rough ridin' awesome, blah blah, the last line read.  "Please join me in welcoming Amanda to the team."  Obvious copy paste error.

So, instead of just letting it all go to be forgotten, he sent out a follow up apologizing for the copy paste error.

The End.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 22, 2022, 09:02:39 AM »
Company wide email:

Reply from Roy:

ROY! WTF!?

Haha, some guy in my company sent out one of these, welcoming Lorraine to a new position.  After the usual, Lorraine has done this, went to school here, she is rough ridin' awesome, blah blah, the last line read.  "Please join me in welcoming Amanda to the team."  Obvious copy paste error.

So, instead of just letting it all go to be forgotten, he sent out a follow up apologizing for the copy paste error.

The End.

Half the time when our company does these, the name will be correct. However it will be in a different font or color. Or they will forget to delete their signature and they will have a double signature. Good stuff guys.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 22, 2022, 11:05:38 AM »
Company wide email:

Reply from Roy:

ROY! WTF!?

The End.

Half the time when our company does these, the name will be correct. However it will be in a different font or color. Or they will forget to delete their signature and they will have a double signature. Good stuff guys.

The initial email is mildly annoying but the reply all "Welcome to the team!" showmanship emails are the worst

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2022, 12:41:27 PM »
Company wide email:

Reply from Roy:

ROY! WTF!?

The End.

The initial email is mildly annoying but the reply all "Welcome to the team!" showmanship emails are the worst
Instant rule to Deleted folder.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 08, 2022, 09:37:15 AM »
Two months ago, I put together some materials for an ongoing project that D2 was getting started on. GG just asked me for those materials. Based on the way she asked, I'd say 0% chance that D2 is aware of it. Is GG staging a comeback!?!?

Today on call:

GG: I was planning to do x, y, z
Someone: Great! Wait, has D2 been working on that too?
GG: Uh, well, yeah, I, uh, I don't want to stumble on ... uhh, maybe we should work on it together and he can show me how.
D2: Uhhh, uh, uh, yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Uh, yeah ... okay ... great.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 08, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 08, 2022, 10:23:41 AM »
lmao

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 10, 2022, 10:24:37 AM »
Good Morning –

This morning [receptionist] came in and the microwave was a mess. It appears food exploded all over the inside. We cannot know if this happened during the workday or after hours. Either way, it should have been cleaned up.

With this said, use of the breakroom, refrigerator and microwave is the responsibility of each one of us. If there is a call to clean up after its use, then each of us is responsible to do so. It is not the responsibility of [admin assistant] and [receptionist] to clean. They do, however, manage the room and do light cleaning to keep everything in order.

[Receptionist] was gracious this morning and cleaned the microwave. [Receptionist], thank you for doing this – much appreciated.

Reminded me of The Office. I'd love to know who "exploded" food inside the microwave.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 11, 2022, 11:18:06 AM »

cam setup to show off the fit  :love:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 14, 2022, 01:56:45 PM »
I don't know what this comic book related symbol is.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 15, 2022, 09:13:31 AM »
Two months ago, I put together some materials for an ongoing project that D2 was getting started on. GG just asked me for those materials. Based on the way she asked, I'd say 0% chance that D2 is aware of it. Is GG staging a comeback!?!?

Today on call:

GG: I was planning to do x, y, z
Someone: Great! Wait, has D2 been working on that too?
GG: Uh, well, yeah, I, uh, I don't want to stumble on ... uhh, maybe we should work on it together and he can show me how.
D2: Uhhh, uh, uh, yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Uh, yeah ... okay ... great.

Learned on call today that GG and D2 have since been working on the exact same thing. As I said before, it is something D2 has been doing up to now.

GG: "First of all, [D2], I did not know you were working on that. I reached out to you several times and did not hear back. So, I went ahead and started it."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 15, 2022, 09:58:32 AM »
She’s really coming at the king a second time? smh

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2022, 06:55:18 PM »
Chum, I want to hear some working 2 jobs stories.

Any close calls where you have 2 meetings scheduled at the same time?

Do you think either company has any idea?

In regards to Taxes, I assume each job is taxed like you are only working 1 job. Do you have to withhold extra from each paycheck to not get mumped during tax season? Have any of your HR asked about it?

Do you think you will eventually go back to just 1 job?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
chum1's dumb job stories
« Reply #669 on: March 15, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
Tbh with so many employers struggling to bring in enough talent this might be a decent time for the big reveal. Theoretically both employers could be cool with it in order to keep a good employee as long as you’re not breaking any rules.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 15, 2022, 09:02:46 PM »
Tbh with so many employers struggling to bring in enough talent this might be a decent time for the big reveal. Theoretically both employers could be cool with it in order to keep a good employee as long as you’re not breaking any rules.

Nah, you keep that crap hidden deep down inside. If you tell your employer you are working 2 jobs then once things get tight you will be the first one on the layoff/firing line. "Well Chum has only been putting in half the time we expect so we can just let him go and find some fresh college grad with no experience to do the same work for half the price"

(It never works out that way but that is what they will tell themselves)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2022, 10:59:28 AM »
Any close calls where you have 2 meetings scheduled at the same time?

A few weeks ago, I was on an old job internal Teams meeting with about 12 people at including the "executive team." I needed to give an update on something. The exact moment I finished my update, I got a pop up from my new job boss saying that he needed to meet on something right away.

I thought to myself, "welp, new job is by far my higher personal priority." So, I immediately disconnected from the old job Teams meeting and connected with new job boss. No recap. No chance for anyone to ask questions. No message that I needed to run. I just vanished.

Do you think either company has any idea?

Old job: No because they're just kinda clueless in general.

New job: No because new boss is kinda dogmatic about not wanting to bother with or even care about anything beyond making sure crap gets done. Like a libertarian taking a position or something. One time, I started explaining why I prioritized working on one project ahead of another and he flat out said, "I don't want to know that." Lol.

In regards to Taxes, I assume each job is taxed like you are only working 1 job. Do you have to withhold extra from each paycheck to not get mumped during tax season? Have any of your HR asked about it?

I withhold at single rate but do not file at single rate. Lots of people do that. NBD.

The only potentially sticky part with HR was that I declined medical coverage at my new job. I was automatically enrolled in a minimum coverage plan. I decided to just bite the bullet on that rather than try to see if I can avoid paying for it by proving that I have another plan, which is my plan through another employer.

Do you think you will eventually go back to just 1 job?

My goal is to do this for eight years then either retire or partially retire. One year down, seven to go!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 16, 2022, 11:04:40 AM »
Do you have two teams accounts and have to switch between them? Or do you just use a personal one?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »
new boss sounds awesome

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2022, 11:49:10 AM »
Chum, I irl hope you don’t die in 6.9 years.