Author Topic: FATTYFEST 2019 - SAVE THE DATE - SATURDAY 9/21  (Read 14928 times)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: FATTYFEST 2019 - SAVE THE DATE - SATURDAY 9/21
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 01:59:42 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 02:09:44 AM »
Still anxiously awaiting the deets on this event.   :impatient:

https://www.fattyfund.org/fatty-fest

That’s still under construction. If anyone wants to go hold KK at gunpoint tomorrow, I can tell you over the phone what to make him do.

Plan on being in MHK by 10:30 on Saturday. If you’re parking right then, use that campus lot that’s diagonal from aggieville. Still waiting on KSU for some stuff, but there’s going to be some sort of campus tour and potentially a tour/presentation of what the money’s all for as well as brunch/lunch, not sure in what order. But this will be a cool sober thing to get to town for before pak’n starts, especially if you don’t get back on campus often.

If you can’t get there in time, registration/mingling at AMP will be about 2 with trivia start at 3 at a leisurely pace.I think we’re going to have dinner for sale during a break in trivia so that we can all stick together. Stevesie’s band will play after trivia, auction, etc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 02:15:11 AM »
XT: you gotta coordinate wichita. I get there Thursday about 5:30. I assume it’s #longbone night. I work Friday and would like to go up to Manhattan (scheme on way?) that night, but need a ride or to rent a car. I have an extra bed in MHK both nights. Need a ride back to wichita sunday, and then i’ll have that day and Monday night there for whatever, fly home Tuesday after work.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 02:18:21 AM »
Also, related to the waiting on KSU thing, we’re hoping to confirm that this can and needs to be the last FattyFest with a big emphasis on bringing in money. We’d still have FattyFest going forward but more of just celebrations rather than the fundraiser spectacles we’ve had. So don’t miss this one, there probably won’t be another quite like it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 10:46:22 AM »
That’s still under construction. If anyone wants to go hold KK at gunpoint tomorrow, I can tell you over the phone what to make him do.

Update for all the libderps - a gun is not required; you just have to be able to physically overpower KK.  And now that it's morning, I'll clarify that I'd like this done tonight at the latest.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »
XT: you gotta coordinate wichita. I get there Thursday about 5:30. I assume it’s #longbone night. I work Friday and would like to go up to Manhattan (scheme on way?) that night, but need a ride or to rent a car. I have an extra bed in MHK both nights. Need a ride back to wichita sunday, and then i’ll have that day and Monday night there for whatever, fly home Tuesday after work.

Looks like my Thursday night and Friday night are tied up with kids' sports.  We will be in Conway Springs on Thursday and Marion on Friday.  I'll just have to plan on heading up either LATE Friday or early Saturday morning.  Additionally, I will have the signed Freemaw jersey with me for an auction item again this year. 
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »

Looks like my Thursday night and Friday night are tied up with kids' sports.  We will be in Conway Springs on Thursday and Marion on Friday.  I'll just have to plan on heading up either LATE Friday or early Saturday morning.  Additionally, I will have the signed Freemaw jersey with me for an auction item again this year. 

:flush:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2019, 04:48:19 PM »
Hey friends, it's me Stevesie. You may remember me from years past. AANNNYYYWWWHHHOOO.....

As Trim said, we're waiting to hear back on the campus stuff, but roughly the schedule is:

11am - campus/library tour (to see what the fattyfund is going towards)
12:30pm - break out and have lunch in a nonorganized manner
2pm - silent auction at Mae's start
3pm - trivia (in which everyone will lose to ERII, _FAN, mocat, nongoEMAWPaul and myself)
5pm - we take a break between the first and second half of trivia. this is where dinner will be available. we will have cards beforehand to mark if you would like pizza, burgers, fries, etc. this will be turned in before trivia and all money towards food will be a donation. this is one part (of two) we are still waiting for more details on, but will be super easy and more importantly, keep everyone together so we don't all separate and get lost *ahem* Daris and 'clams *ahem*
6pm - 2nd half of trivia starts
8pm - Betty the Astronaut (best band in Kansas?) starts melting people's faces

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
Also, as Trim said, this may very well be the last full fundraising fattyfest (4 f's!!). So if there are any silent auction items you have been sitting on OR waiting for an excuse, THIS IS THE YEAR AND MAN WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO SEE YOU!!!!

This is my favorite event ever, and my favorite day in Manhattan every year. Cats, man.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »
Hey friends, it's me Stevesie. You may remember me from years past. AANNNYYYWWWHHHOOO.....

As Trim said, we're waiting to hear back on the campus stuff, but roughly the schedule is:

3pm - trivia (in which everyone will lose to ERII, _FAN, mocat, nongoEMAWPaul and myself)
5pm - we take a break between the first and second half of trivia. this is where dinner will be available. we will have cards beforehand to mark if you would like pizza, burgers, fries, etc. this will be turned in before trivia and all money towards food will be a donation. this is one part (of two) we are still waiting for more details on, but will be super easy and more importantly, keep everyone together so we don't all separate and get lost *ahem* Daris and 'clams *ahem*

@ksu_FAN really killed it during Boscoe's Boys trivia  :ROFL:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2019, 05:39:49 PM »
I keep forgetting that as of now we anticipate that all ticket-buying will take place there.  We may try to take RSVPs somehow, but all of our efforts in the past to get tickets sold in advance and really pin down attendance expectations have never worked.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2019, 06:49:13 PM »

Non emaw Paul should not be allowed into a team again.  :th_twocents:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »
FattyFund.org is temporarily correctly updated!  It's going to be an interesting week after which we'll be able to add/restore a lot more detail, but nothing's going to change as far as the overall schedule and plans we have up now.

Note that tickets this year are just $20, all taken at the door.  You of course can be setting up teams on here and such, but much less responsibility being asked for by us this time, and a much lower admission price.  We want everyone back for what may be the last one of this type at least, so we're keeping it as simple as possible.

Definitely try to come for the morning part.  It's either going to include seeing what all the fundraising culminated with or be a session at where we present some options and seek input.  But you'll get to see campus and be able to make a whole day/weekend of this and justify the trip.  Try to stay in town Saturday night and get fully pak'd.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 01:40:33 AM »
Are the strut n' cutters getting back together for a final ride or am I a free agent?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 06:54:12 AM »
If y'all can't attend, make sure you drop a little in PayPal to support fattyfund!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 08:22:33 AM »
I'll need teammates if you are MIR

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
I'm not on KSO anymore.  A couple of you need to do whatever good cop bad cop routine you think will work.

We just put something up on the fatty4ksu and gE facebook pages so do whatever people do with those to get word spread.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
Bumped last year's thread for ya, @Trim.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »

Non emaw Paul should not be allowed into a team again.  :th_twocents:

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you really trying to not allow people to sponsor the fattyfund?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2019, 08:23:30 AM »
Are the strut n' cutters getting back together for a final ride or am I a free agent?

I'm going to be there and I'm pretty sure Gooch is planning on showing up.  Still working on abducting Johnny Wichita for the weekend.
@mikec2w

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 11:47:15 AM »

I'm going to be there and I'm pretty sure Gooch is planning on showing up.  Still working on abducting Johnny Wichita for the weekend.

Hell yeah! ChiCat, we'd love to have you.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
I will be there!  I took a couple years off, and am glad to be back.  It’s a great event, and this year’s edition is extra special. 

If you were ever going to go, this is the year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »
I will be there!  I took a couple years off, and am glad to be back.  It’s a great event, and this year’s edition is extra special. 

If you were ever going to go, this is the year.

:combofan:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2019, 08:52:35 PM »
Folks, it’s shaping up to be the best ever and I’m not just saying that like I’ve lied to you about every other year.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
T-Y, BSAC.