Author Topic: EMERGENCY!  (Read 20973 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: EMERGENCY!
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:50 PM »
Sorry guys, I’m on vacation and I just don’t have time to play whackamole with all your stupid arguments or even read all your posts. But I did see we appear to be circling back to eminent domain? :lol: Here’s the thing: the a slight difference between the use of eminent domain for a genuine public purpose, like say, building a border wall, and leveling a couple blocks of poorer homes to build a fancy new strip mall for more tax revenue (the kind of ED libs love - see Kelo). Of you own land on an international border then selling a strip of it for a border wall probably should not come as a great surprise. And I don’t think the “plight” of the ranchers subject to ED is going to sway much public opinion. But anyway, by all means keep going with this argument. :lol:
You're lol'ing a lot about this, but I'm not sure there's any precedent for "public use" for a border wall or any other border security measure.  This wall isn't a highway.  Not to mention, it does seem odd that the executive of the federal government can unilaterally enact a taking for any reason.  That doesn't strike you as troubling at all?  Maybe I hold individual liberty in higher regard than you on this issue.

Regardless, landowners are going to litigate the hell out of the Fed's definition of "just compensation" and "public use" (which, I'm sure you agree, they have every right to do).  I wonder how long that will take.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
Trump said today that he didn't need to declare this emergency, but only did it so it would get done faster.  Does him saying that make legal action against it more likely to succeed?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:31 PM »
Trump said today that he didn't need to declare this emergency, but only did it so it would get done faster.  Does him saying that make legal action against it more likely to succeed?
It certainly should!  But this whole thing is such a shitshow and otherwise intelligent people (e.g. Dax, Dub) are so tied in intellectual knots that who knows. 

Conservatives cheering-on the president circumventing Congress' refusal to spend billions, execute "military eminent domain" (whatever that is), citing a "national emergency" that even the president admitted wasn't a "national emergency" - wake the eff up.  This is conservatism now?  This is the type of crap conservatives root for now?

Because it sounds a lot like government waste and executive overreach to me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:01:37 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:29 PM »
It certainly should!  But this whole thing is such a shitshow and otherwise intelligent people (e.g. Dax, Dub) are so tied in intellectual knots that who knows. 

Conservatives cheering-on the president circumventing Congress' refusal to spend billions, execute "military eminent domain" (whatever that is), citing a "national emergency" that even the president admitted wasn't a "national emergency" - wake the eff up.  This is conservatism now?  This is the type of crap conservatives root for now?

Just between us, I do think that Dax and Dub are pretty intelligent.  I agree tho that this whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense to be supporting.  From briefly reading what they have been posting it does sound like the fear mongering and scare tactics are working on them.  I don't think this whole thing is to "own the libs", I think it's just another issue that feel like they have to support.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »
Neither of them believe anything they say on here. It’s just escapism from real life to flame everyone and construct arguments counter to everyone else.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »
Neither of them believe anything they say on here. It’s just escapism from real life to flame everyone and construct arguments counter to everyone else.

they believe every word they post.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »

You’re just a libtard and you were silent for decades while your guy committed countless atrocities
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
I don't think kazdub is in support of the federal government seizing land.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2019, 12:02:51 AM »
Sorry guys, I’m on vacation and I just don’t have time to play whackamole with all your stupid arguments or even read all your posts. But I did see we appear to be circling back to eminent domain? :lol: Here’s the thing: the a slight difference between the use of eminent domain for a genuine public purpose, like say, building a border wall, and leveling a couple blocks of poorer homes to build a fancy new strip mall for more tax revenue (the kind of ED libs love - see Kelo). Of you own land on an international border then selling a strip of it for a border wall probably should not come as a great surprise. And I don’t think the “plight” of the ranchers subject to ED is going to sway much public opinion. But anyway, by all means keep going with this argument. :lol:

Dax said ED won'tr be used so he thinks you are an idiot.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
EMERGENCY!
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2019, 08:37:10 AM »
Even the most downgradey far right’ers are against the idea.

https://twitter.com/anncoulter/status/1096317175277576192?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2019, 09:34:36 AM »
New Trump libderps are going to be so conflicted with her

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
EMERGENCY!
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2019, 10:29:36 AM »
LibDerp Nation has sold out to The Man, and now Ann Coulter. 

Oh and SysWhackadoo, the absolutely terrifying thing is that you believe everything you post.  If you graduated from Kstate, please don’t tell anyone.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 10:32:42 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2019, 08:02:59 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »
truth bomb

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

I support eminent domain for legitimate public use. It’s in the Constitution. There’s a big damn difference between a genuine public use, such as building an interstate highway or a dam or a border wall, and simply taking land from one owner to sell to a developer for the “public benefit” of higher tax revenue, as the Kelo decision held. What a shitty, inexcusably awful Supreme Court decision. A 5-4 decision with the libs plus Kennedy.

I believe everything I’ve said here about immigration. When I’m making fun of the liberals, it should be evident. Illegal immigration is a problem for all sorts of reasons: lack of assimilation, crime, a drain on public resources (health, education, etc.), driving down wages, etc. Border walls work, especially when combined with other resources, which is why we already have hundreds of miles of border wall and other barriers and why border agents overwhelmingly support more.

I think declaring an emergency to reallocate money to build the wall is legally complicated and questionable. It will certainly be enjoined by 9th circuit district and appellate judges, but that means nothing. Not sure how the SC would rule if they even granted cert. it’s certainly not my preferred way to build a wall, but Trump is never going to get adequate funds from Congress, and the Pubs are just as much to blame for that as the Dems.

Immigration is one of several areas where Trump has failed miserably because he is neither smart enough nor politically engaged to keep the Pubs in line. I have a seperate post outlining Trump’s successes and failures, and how those relate to his strengths and weaknesses.

What else do I need to say? Continue blathering away if it makes you happy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »

I support eminent domain for legitimate public use. It’s in the Constitution. There’s a big damn difference between a genuine public use, such as building an interstate highway or a dam or a border wall, and simply taking land from one owner to sell to a developer for the “public benefit” of higher tax revenue, as the Kelo decision held. What a shitty, inexcusably awful Supreme Court decision. A 5-4 decision with the libs plus Kennedy.

I believe everything I’ve said here about immigration. When I’m making fun of the liberals, it should be evident. Illegal immigration is a problem for all sorts of reasons: lack of assimilation, crime, a drain on public resources (health, education, etc.), driving down wages, etc. Border walls work, especially when combined with other resources, which is why we already have hundreds of miles of border wall and other barriers and why border agents overwhelmingly support more.

I think declaring an emergency to reallocate money to build the wall is legally complicated and questionable. It will certainly be enjoined by 9th circuit district and appellate judges, but that means nothing. Not sure how the SC would rule if they even granted cert. it’s certainly not my preferred way to build a wall, but Trump is never going to get adequate funds from Congress, and the Pubs are just as much to blame for that as the Dems.

Immigration is one of several areas where Trump has failed miserably because he is neither smart enough nor politically engaged to keep the Pubs in line. I have a seperate post outlining Trump’s successes and failures, and how those relate to his strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah, blighting out an area so a developer can come bang out a project is not what ED is for.  I agree with most of what you said. 

I think legislating through National Emergency is a bad plan for a lot of reasons.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2019, 01:11:17 PM »
LibDerp Nation is more enraged than usual. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
Per google (biased?), “libderp” is still a gE exclusive. We need to figure out how to monetize the term before it goes mainstream.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »
This is why I like to refer to gE as “the incubator.”

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2019, 02:32:51 PM »
Per google (biased?), “libderp” is still a gE exclusive. We need to figure out how to monetize the term before it goes mainstream.

Have CFDC make a ‘Libderp Nation” skill for Alexa and Google home. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
I doubt very much resident LibDerp Nation even knew what constituted a executive branch declaration of a national emergency and likely had no idea that the guidelines were so broad, until now.

Had this been for a Dem President to go bomb some far off land, or interdict in the political process of some 3rd world nation.  You guys wouldn’t have said a word.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »
I’ll admit that whatever Dax is butthurt about that happened 35 years ago, I didn’t say a word about it. Not being alive isn’t really my fault, tho.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2019, 03:48:21 PM »

Yeah, blighting out an area so a developer can come bang out a project is not what ED is for.  I agree with most of what you said. 

I think legislating through National Emergency is a bad plan for a lot of reasons.

:cheers: I agree with you. I don’t like it either, but mainly because I don’t like that we’ve come to this point. If Trump we’re smarter and more politically engaged, if many Republicans weren’t so corrupt, if the Democrats weren’t so uniformly desicated to open borders - there’s a lot of blame to go around.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.