Author Topic: EMERGENCY!  (Read 21008 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: EMERGENCY!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 08:56:57 AM »
Wall won’t fix it, but you know that

Wall has to come with much technological counter measures as well.   But keep on pointing to studies from policy wonks shoving paper around on their desk who haven't stepped out of their cubicles in months.

Why would one risk running their drugs across unwalled border sections or putting their drugs on people doing so when it's so easy to run them through the legal points of entry by the truckload?

Freaking rubes believe anything this doink tells you. Really embarrassing.

The hilarious part of your shitty take is that that DHS only knows what's crossing the borders in terms of what they find/catch.   Anecdotally, Federal employee bro relayed an internal security memo to USGA/USDA remote near Southern border field employees that reminded them not to approach border crosser's as they are very likely to be engaged in illegal activities (beyond the illegal activity of crossing the boarder illegally) . . . and to not approach their lookouts stationed on the U.S. side.   Rather report to DHS and again, to stay clear, as DHS response times in some cases are calculated in hours. 

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:00:55 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 08:59:10 AM »

Wall has to come with much technological counter measures as well.   But keep on pointing to studies from policy wonks shoving paper around on their desk who haven't stepped out of their cubicles in months.

The policy wonks are definitely unqualified.  Best let super qualified Trump handle it.

Will probably be more effective to stack singles on the border for how much of this wall will actually get built.

Yes, because we all know the President has no access to those who actually protect the border.  Your take is  :jerk: :rolleyes: :jerk:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »
I'm not sure the "access to information" argument is valid with trump, he doesn't even believe north korea can launch missiles cause putin told him so.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
Dax, do you think that drugs are here mostly because they are coming across an insecure border? Is there some fantasy that once we secure the borders, Americans won’t love drugs?
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 09:05:02 AM »
The point is not that a gun control emergency wouldn’t be stupid. It would be really stupid!  So would declaring a national emergency to build something we’ve gotten by without for 174 years without much problem.

Don’t we already have hundreds of miles of wall and other barriers along the southern border?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 09:06:31 AM »
Yes, and congress just approved funding for a little more. Kind of proof right there that there is no out of control emergency requiring executive action

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:24 AM »
Yeah, I don’t think a wall emergency will hold up, but if it does, the next dem president will absolutely declare a climate emergency which is 1000x more legit.

Oooh even better! Declare an emergency to confiscate people’s cars, lightbulbs, working toilets and showerheads, etc. Thats just the ticket for electoral success! :lol:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 09:09:49 AM »
More confiscation obsession, good grief kdub

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »
The point is not that a gun control emergency wouldn’t be stupid. It would be really stupid!  So would declaring a national emergency to build something we’ve gotten by without for 174 years without much problem.

Don’t we already have hundreds of miles of wall and other barriers along the southern border?
Sure.  What was the process we went through to build those? Unilateral declaration of a national emergency to appropriate funds and eminent domain to seize land?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
Dax, do you think that drugs are here mostly because they are coming across an insecure border? Is there some fantasy that once we secure the borders, Americans won’t love drugs?

No, but the drumbeat for what is essentially an unsecure/open border by LibDerp Nation would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.   This is all about politics for you guys.

Sadly, the mega corrupt governments to our South are not capable of controlling their own territories.   It would almost be better for our national security if there was strong armed dictators with huge police states at their disposal then the mega corrupt banana republics that are there now . . . which is extremely sad to say.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2019, 09:14:40 AM »
Republicans are still the only ones talking about confiscating all the guns.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »

The policy wonks are definitely unqualified.  Best let super qualified Trump handle it.

Will probably be more effective to stack singles on the border for how much of this wall will actually get built.

Yes, because we all know the President has no access to those who actually protect the border.  Your take is  :jerk: :rolleyes: :jerk:

I mean, the Texas GOP rep on the border probably has better access to those who protect it and he thinks the wall is stupid.  The incredible thing, Trump has dug in so far on the wall thing he probably could get more money for actually useful stuff but instead wants to waste it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2019, 09:18:17 AM »

The ironic part is civil forfeiture is likely the largest government confiscation effort in the country and it's extremely popular with the law and order kdub crowd.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »

I mean, the Texas GOP rep on the border probably has better access to those who protect it and he thinks the wall is stupid.  The incredible thing, Trump has dug in so far on the wall thing he probably could get more money for actually useful stuff but instead wants to waste it.

It's :lol: to read any LibDerp talking about government waste.   

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2019, 09:23:14 AM »

No, but the drumbeat for what is essentially an unsecure/open border by LibDerp Nation would be absolutely hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.   This is all about politics for you guys.

Sadly, the mega corrupt governments to our South are not capable of controlling their own territories.   It would almost be better for our national security if there was strong armed dictators with huge police states at their disposal then the mega corrupt banana republics that are there now . . . which is extremely sad to say.
Well you answered the question with the first word, then rambled about unrelated stuff. Thanks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »

Well you answered the question with the first word, then rambled about unrelated stuff. Thanks.

Tapout noted. Thanks

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2019, 09:31:43 AM »

As with any dax talking point, Trump can do all the things he hated because Obama did something or Hillary would have.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2019, 09:35:46 AM »

The ironic part is civil forfeiture is likely the largest government confiscation effort in the country and it's extremely popular with the law and order kdub crowd.

For the record, I think civil forfeiture is highly subject to abuse and needs to be curtailed. I’m a big due process of law guy. I’d be a card carrying member of the ACLU if they hadn’t been coopted by progressives.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2019, 09:37:01 AM »

As with any dax talking point, Trump can do all the things he hated because Obama did something or Hillary would have.

Both Obama and Hillary talked repeatedly (when it was politically expedient) about border security and immigration reform.   As Senators they got little to nothing done on both when it came time to act, as President, Obama was a woeful failure on both . . . with, what in retrospect was the most whack-a-doo policies, a stupid combination of detainment, deportation and catch and release.   Unfortunately, the useful idiots of LibDerp Nation had nothing to say at the time about detainment/deportation/geo-relocation (into the hands of drug cartels)/interrogation and return (into the hands of Drug Cartels who thought they were spies).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »
More confiscation obsession, good grief kdub

I’m (probably) exaggerating, of course. The point I’m trying to make is that comparing the use of emergency power by pubs, to secure our border, to a future progressive president’s use of emergency power to further the progressive agenda, is silly. I expect that any such progressive actions would be wildly unpopular and politically damaging. I don’t think the same is true for increasing border security, no matter what the results of selectively worded and sampled polling might suggest to you.

People like Occassional Cortex may be too stupid or radical to care, the folks who are still in charge of the Dem party know better. It’s an empty threat.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
EMERGENCY!
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
Yeah, I don’t think a wall emergency will hold up, but if it does, the next dem president will absolutely declare a climate emergency which is 1000x more legit.

Oooh even better! Declare an emergency to confiscate people’s cars, lightbulbs, working toilets and showerheads, etc. Thats just the ticket for electoral success! :lol:

Or maybe just dip into the massive military budget like Trump wants to do and start funding more green energy projects.

And/or use eminent domain (also like Trump wants to do) for setting up large solar & wind farms.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2019, 09:52:19 AM »

Tapout noted. Thanks
Which non-sequitur would you like me to address?  The part where I’m a member of “LibDerp nation”? I guess if you’ve defined it as anything to the left of Ann Coulter, sure, but I’ve rarely voted Democrat and always show up as an outlier on the political quizzes that are posted here. Maybe we should talk about your diatribe expressing Trumpian lust for powerful dictators leading police states?

And of course it’s politics, the most dangerous threat to The United States is currently the president. We would all be wise to oppose him at every turn.  Especially when he tries to seize additional power.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »
This presser is something.

"I'm going to sign a national emergency. Great thing"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 09:57:58 AM »
Emergencies are great, and so easy to win.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 09:58:57 AM »
using executive power to seize private citizen's land to then throw billions of dollars at a dubious solution to a premise that is mostly supported due to scare tactics ripped from a Netflix movie will be the rube's defining moment.

I cannot wait