Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016676 times)

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2275 on: June 10, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
anyone that has seen take shelter, yell at stevesie for not seeing take shelter.

Steve, I have Take Shelter on bluray if you want to borrow it. It's very enjoyable

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: June 10, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
anyone that has seen take shelter, yell at stevesie for not seeing take shelter.

Steve, I have Take Shelter on bluray if you want to borrow it. It's very enjoyable

are you the one that stole my copy?   :shakesfist:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: June 10, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »

There's a lot of pressure here. Would my computer play blu-ray? Because if so, then I'd love to borrow it.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: June 10, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
ROCKY
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075148/
The beginning and end of cinema.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: June 12, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »
I watched a bunch of famous directors' first movies. They're all on Netflix for any interested parties.

Bottle Rocket by Wes Anderson - Probably his most accessible movie, and by far the funniest. My friend who loved it when it came out said no one else really liked it because it was so different. I think that type of comedy got popular in the mid 2000's with The Office and Arrested Development, so if you like those you should definitely watch it.

i loved bottlerocket when it came out and rented it more than once from the video rental store that used to over where bullchicks is now. also, a certain member of my fattyfest trivia team got his goEMAW bbs screenname from that movie.

Are you trying to argue that it was well received when it first came out? Because it's pretty well documented that it wasn't. Hell, Owen Wilson strongly considered to stop acting since it tanked so bad.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2281 on: June 12, 2013, 05:32:35 AM »
I watched a bunch of famous directors' first movies. They're all on Netflix for any interested parties.

Bottle Rocket by Wes Anderson - Probably his most accessible movie, and by far the funniest. My friend who loved it when it came out said no one else really liked it because it was so different. I think that type of comedy got popular in the mid 2000's with The Office and Arrested Development, so if you like those you should definitely watch it.

i loved bottlerocket when it came out and rented it more than once from the video rental store that used to over where bullchicks is now. also, a certain member of my fattyfest trivia team got his goEMAW bbs screenname from that movie.

Are you trying to argue that it was well received when it first came out? Because it's pretty well documented that it wasn't. Hell, Owen Wilson strongly considered to stop acting since it tanked so bad.

Yeah this is why I don't consider it WA's most accessible film

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: June 12, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »
The Purge.....worth the price of a matinee ticket

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Boy wonder. Very good indie film on Netflix. Revenge thriller.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59:59 AM »
Perks of Being a Wallflower was amazing and it will be the next movie I watch because I want to see it again.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #2286 on: June 14, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »

Yeah this is why I don't consider it WA's most accessible film

yeah, i have no idea how it was "received" and don't think it was ever in the theaters and if it was i'm sure it earned no money because no one had ever heard of the wilson brothers back then. what i am telling you is that a roommate and i rented it and loved it so much that we rented it again a month later. also you should see take shelter. michael shannon... man.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: June 15, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
i liked man of steel a lot.  the final action scene was a little long, but it was a good origin story.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: June 17, 2013, 02:26:27 PM »
Yeah Man of Steel was great. It moved very quickly and could have been a 3.5 hour movie easily but still it was great.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: June 17, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
The Mrs. and I went and saw Fast 6 over the weekend and all I can say, is holy crap there was a tank on the highway! 
@lopakman

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: June 17, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
The Mrs. and I went and saw Fast 6 over the weekend and all I can say, is holy crap there was a tank on the highway! 
This should probably be in the shame yourself thread.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: June 17, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »

Raising Arizona by The Cohen Brothers - Not their first movie, but their first comedy. Pretty fun to see how their signature touch has pretty much stayed the same, and John Goodman is pretty entertaining to watch as a younger guy. I didn't think it was as great as everyone had talked it up to be.

Four Rooms by Quentin Tarantino (kind of) - Basically it's a movie about a bell boy's four adventures on his first night. They're all completely separate stories written by different people. The first story sucks, the second one is all right, the third one's really good, and the fourth one (Tarantino's) is really good and really Tarantino. He also plays the main character in it and does a better job acting than I thought he would.

Holy crap, "the Misbehavers" in Four Rooms made me laugh so hard that I damn near hurt myself.  Antonio Banderas in a role like no other he's had before. 

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: June 17, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »
This should probably be in the shame yourself thread.

I know.  :frown:
@lopakman

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: June 17, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
Exit Through the Gift Shop

Pretty cool. I'm not usually into documentaries, but this one held my attention the whole way through.  Very good.

The Sweet Hereafter

Can't really decide yet.  A bit of an odd movie with the chronology jumbled around a little bit.  It was very sad.

Exit Through The Gift Shop is a pretty awesome insight into tagging.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: June 17, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »

Pretty cool. I'm not usually into documentaries, but this one held my attention the whole way through.  Very good.

The Sweet Hereafter

Can't really decide yet.  A bit of an odd movie with the chronology jumbled around a little bit.  It was very sad.

more of a pretty awesome insight into the stupidity of pop art culture and the vapid people who exploit it.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: June 17, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »
The Fall (2006)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

Enchanting.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »

The Sweet Hereafter

more of a pretty awesome insight into the stupidity of pop art culture and the vapid people who exploit it.
It has elements of both.  At least the first half seemed to be more of an emphasis on tagging, specifically.  The second half seemed to focus more on how easy it is to exploit you LA art hipsters.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: June 18, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »
The Fall (2006)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

Enchanting.

I wanted this movie to be so much better than it was.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: June 18, 2013, 10:04:32 AM »

The Sweet Hereafter

It has elements of both.  At least the first half seemed to be more of an emphasis on tagging, specifically.  The second half seemed to focus more on how easy it is to exploit you LA art hipsters.

it did a pretty good job showing the difference between the two, and, as a result, why street art is a viable artistic expression. its a good one for sure.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: June 18, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »
i liked superman, but it was totally unrealistic.  ku was ranked 13th in football  :confused:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite