Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1014195 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #10325 on: April 03, 2020, 11:06:49 AM »
The Scheme, currently on HBO platforms, made me single handedly change my view on the NCAA and their reach and power, it's an evil cabal.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: April 03, 2020, 11:08:03 AM »
Uncut Gems is great! I didn't want to look at my phone once during the movie.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: April 03, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »
The Scheme, currently on HBO platforms, made me single handedly change my view on the NCAA and their reach and power, it's an evil cabal.

Just watched this. I did not know that the whole FBI investigation was a "Mr. Big" style undercover operation. I guess I can understand the use of these techniques regarding potentially radicalized domestic terrorists, but it just didn't sit right with me that the government would goad someone into unknowingly committing a non-violent crime (fraud) and then proclaiming, "We've uncovered massive fraud!"  Was the FBI just bored, or what?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: April 03, 2020, 11:24:53 AM »

Just watched this. I did not know that the whole FBI investigation was a "Mr. Big" style undercover operation. I guess I can understand the use of these techniques regarding potentially radicalized domestic terrorists, but it just didn't sit right with me that the government would goad someone into unknowingly committing a non-violent crime (fraud) and then proclaiming, "We've uncovered massive fraud!"  Was the FBI just bored, or what?

I honestly think it is the only thing the FBI knows how to do.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: April 03, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »

I honestly think it is the only thing the FBI knows how to do.

That and busting fake terrorist schemes. Same thing.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: April 03, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
Underwater was terrible. And not in a way that it’s even worth watching for how terrible it is. Just more a meh don’t waste two hours of your life terrible.

Also just finished reading Rats of NIMH with the kids and then watched Secret of NIMH. Holy crap I forgot how trippy that movie was. One my kids was like “so in the movie Nicodemus is a wizard?” :lol: Still holds up for me as a Don Bluth masterpiece but it was lost on the kids. Damn kids these days...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10331 on: April 03, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
I think they're making a new one.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: April 03, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »
Hell or High Water...solid flick

very very good.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: April 03, 2020, 01:59:06 PM »

Watched this too a couple nights ago and thought the same thing.  Funny part is I just got done watching McMillions before that and it was the same playbook almost...except in the case of the McDonald's thing there was actual fraud involved where this shoe scandal thing seems like a real reach.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: April 03, 2020, 11:30:51 PM »

I buy into what Dawkins hinted at without essentially doing so and it was the FBI's intent to get the coaches, but the NCAA got to the southern district. Joon Kim talked cash crap during that press conference, then they did absolutely nothing. There is no way they only have Wade and Miller on wiretaps.

Anyone catch the shot that Dawkins took at the "clean" coaches like our guy oscar?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10335 on: April 03, 2020, 11:38:32 PM »

I buy into what Dawkins hinted at without essentially doing so and it was the FBI's intent to get the coaches, but the NCAA got to the southern district. Joon Kim talked cash crap during that press conference, then they did absolutely nothing. There is no way they only have Wade and Miller on wiretaps.

Anyone catch the shot that Dawkins took at the "clean" coaches like our guy oscar?

Lol. I did not. Was it something along the lines that they're just smelly losers that no one trusts or wants to work with?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: April 03, 2020, 11:59:57 PM »

Lol. I did not. Was it something along the lines that they're just smelly losers that no one trusts or wants to work with?

He said that he has no issues with the coaches that pay players, it's the coaches that don't who are the bad people.

Honestly, it's the dumbest thing he said the entire two hours.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: April 05, 2020, 08:29:11 PM »
Dr Strange almost made me quit this whole marvel movie thing

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: April 05, 2020, 09:55:49 PM »
Man, I like that one  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: April 05, 2020, 11:54:39 PM »
That’s in my top 3.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: April 08, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »
Been catching up some recent but fairly obscure movies that were recommended on various lists.

Melancholia: Lotta big names. Critics loved it. Just wasn’t my cup of tea.

A Scanner Darkly: Can’t believe I never heard of this before. Keanu, Harrelson, RD Jr. Had some really funny moments. Overall not a great movie, tho.

Approaching the Unknown: Considered the “twin movie” of The Martian. Very boring and not good.

Basically, you wouldn’t be missing much if you never saw any of these.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:15 PM »
Been catching up some recent but fairly obscure movies that were recommended on various lists.

Melancholia: Lotta big names. Critics loved it. Just wasn’t my cup of tea.

A Scanner Darkly: Can’t believe I never heard of this before. Keanu, Harrelson, RD Jr. Had some really funny moments. Overall not a great movie, tho.

Approaching the Unknown: Considered the “twin movie” of The Martian. Very boring and not good.

Basically, you wouldn’t be missing much if you never saw any of these.
The source material for A Scanner Darkly is one of my all-time favorite books
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: April 08, 2020, 08:49:12 PM »
Richard Jewell. You know, this movie got a lotta grief from the media complaining about how biased this movie was against the media. I actually thought that Clint did a good job of making everybody look terrible: the media, the FBI, and Richard Jewell. Richard’s actions (at least as depicted by Eastwood. - I don’t know much of the underlying facts) make Jewell look suspicious as hell.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: April 08, 2020, 08:52:44 PM »
Rewatched Smashed last night. That's is an egregiously underrated movie.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: April 08, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »
Richard Jewell. You know, this movie got a lotta grief from the media complaining about how biased this movie was against the media. I actually thought that Clint did a good job of making everybody look terrible: the media, the FBI, and Richard Jewell. Richard’s actions (at least as depicted by Eastwood. - I don’t know much of the underlying facts) make Jewell look suspicious as hell.

I think the "biased against the media" part was fabricating the lady reporter sleeping her way to getting stories, which seems like a valid complaint
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: April 08, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
I've watched Good Boys twice and it might be my favorite comedy since Friday.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: April 08, 2020, 09:26:19 PM »
I rough ridin' loved Good Boys. Plus it exposed me to one of the best songs from last year, "Go To Town" by Doja Cat.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: April 08, 2020, 09:29:38 PM »

I think the "biased against the media" part was fabricating the lady reporter sleeping her way to getting stories, which seems like a valid complaint

Yes, I love the peeks into alternate kdub world lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: April 08, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »
Man, I like that one  :frown:

Me too.  Might be my favorite.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: April 08, 2020, 11:30:53 PM »
Bird Box was good! Similar to A Quiet Place but better I think.