Author Topic: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!  (Read 1016218 times)

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Recent motion picture viewing - Add your own!
« Reply #3700 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »
Nebraska :D

What a great movie. They really depicted the people of Nebraska perfectly. It's just very entertaining.

Nebraska:Nebraska::Winter's Bone:Missouri

?

I haven't seen Winter's Bone. My god, the people in that small Nebraska town are spot on, though.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: April 01, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »

What a great movie. They really depicted the people of Nebraska perfectly. It's just very entertaining.

small town Nebraskans = small town Kansans.  in all respects.  so. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: April 01, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »

YOU SON OF A BITCH
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: April 01, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »

Pretty much. Have you seen the movie?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: April 01, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »

Nebraska:Nebraska::Winter's Bone:Missouri

?

lol

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:57 PM »

yes.  i liked it. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:30 PM »
Anchorman 2 was terrible.  Truly awful.  I almost shut it off halfway through but I thought I might miss something funny.  Mistake.

And I loved Anchorman.  Saw it 4 times in the theater.  Anchorman 2 was a disgrace. If you thought it was funny you're a moron.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: April 05, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »
Anchorman 2 was terrible.  Truly awful.  I almost shut it off halfway through but I thought I might miss something funny.  Mistake.

And I loved Anchorman.  Saw it 4 times in the theater.  Anchorman 2 was a disgrace. If you thought it was funny you're a moron.

Yeah, I was really disappointed that rotten tomatoes rated it so high.  It's the only time RT has led me astray. I did lol at "it's on like pong" tho. 

I watched WoWS last night. It's basically Blow but with stocks (but still cocaine).  Was a bit surprised to see Ted's late wife in it.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: April 12, 2014, 03:16:35 AM »
Watched "Our Idiot Brother" tonight. The movie is chock-full of caricatures and stereotypes, but that was definitely the intent and worked pretty well getting it's point across. Way different than I expected, thought it was going to be more of a comedy, but it ended up being much more serious. There were points where it shamelessly manipulated your feelings, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably helps that I wasn't expecting much.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: April 12, 2014, 03:53:32 AM »
Watched "Our Idiot Brother" tonight. The movie is chock-full of caricatures and stereotypes, but that was definitely the intent and worked pretty well getting it's point across. Way different than I expected, thought it was going to be more of a comedy, but it ended up being much more serious. There were points where it shamelessly manipulated your feelings, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably helps that I wasn't expecting much.

Slutty zooey  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: April 12, 2014, 05:13:20 AM »
Just got done with "Broken Flowers" and it makes me want to break things. I'm sure once I've had time to digest it a little bit I won't be so rough ridin' pissed, but that ending...

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: April 12, 2014, 06:25:49 AM »
"Safety Not Guaranteed" was okay. I don't think the movie was particularly well done, it seemed like it was getting at something deeper than Aubrey Plaza and Nick Miller being emo about life, but in the end it never really got there. Parts of the plot were really neat, and that's about all that was redemptive, but that was enough for it not to suck.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:04 AM »
Will be seeing the new Captain America tonight.  Also, will be kickin back like a bauce sippin some bourbon in one of these seats.  Steak.  Sauce.

The Big Train

« Reply #3713 on: April 12, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »

Slutty zooey  :love:

Wut!?!?!! I'm probably renting that movie tonight now

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: April 12, 2014, 06:00:20 PM »
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Just a fantastic movie that has a bit of everything, emotionally. A movie that never takes itself very seriously but at the same time has something serious to say and might move you to tears, unexpectedly.

If you like Wes Anderson movies, what the hell are u waiting 4?

this is a true story. i had never heard of this movie but when i read the title in this post i thought in my head "sounds like a Wes Anderson title" and then when i read the last sentence my head exploded.

i saw the trailer a while back and i love W.A. movies and i will no doubt love this film

Going to see this tonight.  I love Wes Anderson movies so, so much.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: April 12, 2014, 07:38:17 PM »
 :driving:

i have told a lot of people this and maybe said it before on this here blog but it is just so incredibly real. I feel like I have lived some of those scenes before

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Just a fantastic movie that has a bit of everything, emotionally. A movie that never takes itself very seriously but at the same time has something serious to say and might move you to tears, unexpectedly.

this is a true story. i had never heard of this movie but when i read the title in this post i thought in my head "sounds like a Wes Anderson title" and then when i read the last sentence my head exploded.

i saw the trailer a while back and i love W.A. movies and i will no doubt love this film

You'll love it.  I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Also, the new Captain America is indeed worth watching. If you like these types of movies, hell, even if you don't, don't hesitate to go if the opportunity arises.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: April 12, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »

Also, the new Captain America is indeed worth watching. If you like these types of movies, hell, even if you don't, don't hesitate to go if the opportunity arises.

I really liked it.  Though, I wish I would have waited and watched it at home.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: April 12, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

I really liked it.  Though, I wish I would have waited and watched it at home.

Because you don't like crying in public?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: April 13, 2014, 02:29:40 AM »
Just watched Heavy Weights for about the thousandth time. 

Did you know it was written by Judd Apatow?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: April 15, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »
Just watched Heavy Weights for about the thousandth time. 

Did you know it was written by Judd Apatow?

yes, i did.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »

I watched this last week. It was different from every other WA movie. It is basically absurdism comedy, without the genuine core that the rest of his films typically have. You don't really GAF about the characters because they are all caricatures without normal problems. Still very enjoyable and I laughed a lot. Also still very technically beautiful with loads of pans and zooms and wide angles and colors and straight down shots of things to read that you expect to see with WA. I wish F. Murray Abraham was in more films; the guy is a joy to watch.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »
Saw Grand Budapest this last weekend and I just enjoy how fun it is to watch.  Everything in movie making has shifted to a level of seriousness that just weighs a person down.  WA has a  way of keeping a story light. . .so even though the subject matter was heavy and kind of sad I left the theater with a smile. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »
my immediate thoughts after watching mr nobody- "i'm not sure what i just watched but i'm pretty sure i really liked it."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 16, 2014, 10:22:12 PM »
my immediate thoughts after watching mr nobody- "i'm not sure what i just watched but i'm pretty sure i really liked it."

It really stuck with me for a while. What an ambitious concept, and deftly and beautifully done