Author Topic: KU Basketball is Hurting  (Read 171241 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU Basketball is Hurting
« Reply #1200 on: October 12, 2023, 05:11:52 PM »
What are the terms of their probation? Meaning what kind of violations would make them probation violators.

I think the only violation that can land you with consequences is not making enough money.
Correct
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 12, 2023, 05:41:59 PM »
They still penalize people, look at OSU. They just don't hammer the blue bloods.

Completely different processes and people handed out the punishments for KU and OSU. If OSU had the IARP they wouldn't have gotten the postseason ban either. LSU and NCSU aren't blue bloods and they didn't get bans either. Luckily the IARP is no longer a thing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 12, 2023, 05:43:06 PM »
If Bill Self was a real G he'd hire those black men who went to prison and lost their jobs for no reason at all.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 12, 2023, 06:47:02 PM »
If Bill Self was a real G he'd hire those black men who went to prison and lost their jobs for no reason at all.

Hmm. I'm going to need you to explain your reasoning on this. And I come in peace.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 16, 2023, 09:41:51 AM »
So, yeah. Kansas is gonna Kansas.

Code is collateral damage, another disposable Black person whose job was to get Black players by any means necessary. He is living off savings now, unemployable in basketball, and justifiably bitter. He just filed a lawsuit against Adidas, which says he was doing what he was told by his boss at Adidas. Given that the feds argued that Code, Gatto and others defrauded the universities they worked with – only in the alternate universe of NCAA “justice” is Kansas the victim – I don’t believe that Code getting players paid was even a crime against federal or state laws.

“My career has been obliterated, my reputation has been obliterated,” Code told me. “I lost my freedom, I’m a convicted felon. All because I did what I was told to do.”

That’s what makes the University of Kansas continuing to deny the obvious, while awaiting its preseason No. 1 ranking, so morally bankrupt. In a way, the Kansas case was integrity’s last stand. Colleges no longer need to paper-bag cash or funnel money through AAU teams. Thanks to “name, image and likeness” rules, Adidas can pay Kansas star Hunter Dickinson in broad daylight, and Girod doesn’t have to tie himself into a pretzel explaining what happened. Kansas also was the last IARP case – the NCAA is disbanding that particular puppet show. What some of us will remember most from that era are the wiretap transcripts and ruined lives – like Code’s.

“I have the phone call with Kurt where he says he’ll pay for Zion Williamson,” Code said. “Kansas can say they don’t know all day long, but that’s not the truth.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 16, 2023, 11:08:16 AM »

Hmm. I'm going to need you to explain your reasoning on this. And I come in peace.

I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm saying. Lamont Evans and Book Richardson went to actual prison, other black assistant coaches have been blackballed from the sport. Meanwhile Bill Self, oscar Pearl, Brad Underwood, Rick Pitino, and Sean Miller are still making millions of dollars and faced little to no repressions for their roles in the system that sent men to prison and ended careers. These coaches should feel a strong sense of obligation to make sure that these former assistants are brought back in the game, but they haven't and it's really infuriating. Two Americas right there in our faces.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 16, 2023, 02:55:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm saying. Lamont Evans and Book Richardson went to actual prison, other black assistant coaches have been blackballed from the sport. Meanwhile Bill Self, oscar Pearl, Brad Underwood, Rick Pitino, and Sean Miller are still making millions of dollars and faced little to no repressions for their roles in the system that sent men to prison and ended careers. These coaches should feel a strong sense of obligation to make sure that these former assistants are brought back in the game, but they haven't and it's really infuriating. Two Americas right there in our faces.
That’s how this type of enterprise works.  Coach Prime isn’t going to take the fall for any of his coaches misdeeds, for example.  The problem is under representation of black men in the role to be able to screw their underlings.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 16, 2023, 04:33:30 PM »
Kurtis Townsend could kill a man on Mass St. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 18, 2023, 05:31:49 AM »

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1714462123252736213?s=46&t=qihx_M5rao00w7e29gt7Rw

!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 18, 2023, 08:27:33 AM »
who is that??
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 18, 2023, 01:49:42 PM »

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1714462123252736213?s=46&t=qihx_M5rao00w7e29gt7Rw

!!!

That's cool. GIVE HIM A rough ridin' JOB!

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 18, 2023, 02:06:24 PM »
Would bet that he is/was going to be townsends replacement based on how IARP ruling turned out

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: October 18, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »

this is the first i'm seeing this, incredible

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 18, 2023, 08:44:35 PM »

this is the first i'm seeing this, incredible
I crap you not I went straight to the official roster to see if it was fake

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 18, 2023, 09:49:59 PM »
LOL, same

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 20, 2023, 06:20:21 PM »
That KU roster poster is really rough ridin' up my OCD.

Not all the same pose, which is great, I can handle that. But some are the same. Some are unique. Some are in game play and some are during photo shoots. Roughly half aren't even wearing KU jerseys.

What gives? Did they throw a competent social media person under the bus for some recruiting violation?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 22, 2023, 08:27:03 AM »
what kind of last name is furphy

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 22, 2023, 05:38:51 PM »
what kind of last name is furphy

My next dog will be named Furphy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
at least 4 of those guys are 30+ years old

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 29, 2023, 07:04:31 PM »
watching the ku - illinois scrimmage and ku is a big team

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 29, 2023, 07:58:56 PM »
watching the ku - illinois scrimmage and ku is a big team

Where is this available?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator