Author Topic: KU Basketball is Hurting  (Read 160954 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: KU Basketball is Hurting
« Reply #1075 on: April 19, 2023, 06:22:34 PM »
It's all true
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 19, 2023, 08:55:46 PM »
Congrats to KU, they have been cheating their ass off for the last 40 years but have finally been elevated to a blue blood status. They made their dream come true, live it up hawk fans along with your UK/DUKE/UNC/UCLA/UCONN etc fans.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 20, 2023, 08:52:50 AM »
The part with Townsend and Self in his office with Gassnola and the other dude hovering in the corner was great

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 20, 2023, 09:53:00 AM »
The most enjoyable part of all of this is the movement from they didn't do anything wrong to it's not illegal anymore.

Coach(es) orchestrated pay-to-play schemes were illegal then and they're still illegal now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 20, 2023, 11:43:19 AM »
The part with Townsend and Self in his office with Gassnola and the other dude hovering in the corner was great

Yes! How they convinced the FBI and racist ass Joon Kim that they were the victims is a scandal and should be investigated.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: April 20, 2023, 11:54:42 AM »

Yes! How they convinced the FBI and racist ass Joon Kim that they were the victims is a scandal and should be investigated.

I think that was mostly he said/she said.  TJ testified that Kansas didn't know what he was doing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: April 21, 2023, 06:49:51 AM »

I think that was mostly he said/she said.  TJ testified that Kansas didn't know what he was doing.

You think they completely made up that meeting in The Oread? Kansas didn't know what he was doing because Self was not present when he was making the deal with the Prestons but Bill Self absolutely introduced the Adidas officials to the Prestons.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 21, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article274516326.html
Throughout the four-episode podcast series, Preston made other allegations regarding KU’s relationship with the former Adidas representatives. Self has not disputed having contact with those representatives, though he has maintained in previous interviews that such interactions are commonplace in college athletics and, in context, can be acceptable. “I can say that we all know shoe companies have influence on all levels of basketball. They work hard to develop brand loyalty with top high school prospects, and they have some influence with them, which is totally permissible under NCAA guidelines, just like a high school coach could, an AAU coach, a trusted adviser, and especially a parent,” Self said in 2018. Later, Self added: “You should be able to have relationships and talk to people you want to talk to obviously in the proper way.”

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 21, 2023, 07:29:41 AM »

You think they completely made up that meeting in The Oread? Kansas didn't know what he was doing because Self was not present when he was making the deal with the Prestons but Bill Self absolutely introduced the Adidas officials to the Prestons.
I think they all knew exactly what they were doing.

And lied and said they didn’t (Tj lied under oath)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 21, 2023, 07:40:18 AM »
They gave bill a heart attack, what more do you savages want to do to him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 21, 2023, 08:47:56 AM »
This

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 21, 2023, 09:28:43 AM »

:D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 21, 2023, 11:24:10 AM »
From the phog thread about this podcast, posted without the slightest bit of irony.
I would think to anyone that doesn’t have a built in hate for KU is going to see that this is a bad look for Preston. Acting like a victim is truly astounding.
An amazing lack of Self awareness

Also I don't know if all KU fans are like this or this is just the case of an echo chamber, but in that phog thread they've all convinced themselves that Self didn't do anything wrong because Gassnola testified that Self didn't know about the payments to Preston's mother. Introduce a bag man to a player, let the bag man do his thing. Of course the bag man knows to keep the head coach out of the loop, it's like these people never heard of plausible deniability.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 21, 2023, 04:14:32 PM »
Things are so bad at KU that Matt Tait is leaving the LJW for "other opportunities." Rats, sinkingg ship.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 21, 2023, 04:36:55 PM »
Things are so bad at KU that Matt Tait is leaving the LJW for "other opportunities." Rats, sinkingg ship.

Isn't he going to work for Mass Street Strategies, the KU NIL org? Presumably to promote KU athletes and try to get them paid.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 21, 2023, 07:27:48 PM »

Isn't he going to work for Mass Street Strategies, the KU NIL org? Presumably to promote KU athletes and try to get them paid.

if that’s true, and i have zero reason to question your sources, that is huge for the hawks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 21, 2023, 09:39:07 PM »
Perfect job for the perfect KU Pom Pom waver

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 22, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »
As if the subject matter isn't enough to infuriate KU fans, the very first line of the first episode refers to Lawrence and Allen Field House as being "surrounded by corn and soybean fields." About two minutes later they say that Kansas City is about 40 miles away. It's a good listen

I’m about halfway thru the first ep and I really just hope there’s a spin-off with more about how desolate hick it is. I also liked how the errand they had to run at the big city mall an hour and a half away was to buy nikes.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 22, 2023, 12:54:41 PM »
Imagine a life where you have to drive down the Interstate for an hour and into another state in order to catch a flight on a commercial airline. 

I've seen KU athletes being picked up at the airport and they didn't look too pleased that it was going to be a solid hour of corn fields, silos, and grain bins before they got to Lawrentucky

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 22, 2023, 01:11:23 PM »
They lost out on a transfer from Stanford. Picked UNC.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 22, 2023, 01:36:39 PM »
They lost out on a transfer from Stanford. Picked UNC.

Apparently all in on Tyson (allegedly)

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1649830826933362688?s=20

it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 24, 2023, 03:36:58 PM »
They've never lost a recruit, in the history of recruiting. They always value someone else and/or back off late in the recruiting process.

So blessed.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 08, 2023, 09:14:07 AM »
Dark Jayhawk: The Tee Shirt6

Back To Topics

Page #
SuperJayTNT avatar
SuperJayTNT
Posted on 16 hrs, , User Since 139 months ago, User Post Count: 30319
16 hrs
139 months
(Moving this from the Dickinson thread)

After the Hunter Dickinson announcement I heard some pundit speculation as to whether KU are the "villains of college basketball" for the 23-34 season. Not really malicious, just a potential storyline for the season. So I decided to mess around with some AI art and created a "dark" version of our mascot, just for fun. Much to my surprise, it was pretty well received and posters here starting talking about wanting it on tee shirts and hats. I've just started to teach myself Adobe Creative Suite, so this seemed like a goof project to start learning on. I separated the image off the background and threw in some type I thought fit. Yesterday I played around with throwing the graphic onto shirts. All I really need to do is connect them to Shopify and they'd be really to sell. (I picked fitted tees because who likes a baggy shirt?) But there's the question of whether I'm legally allowed to do so.

I don't think you can trademark a red and blue birds as woodpeckers are red and blue. And the image I generated (which I do own and can sell according to the terms of service of the site I subscribe to) looks nothing like the KU logo. But by adding the words "Pay Heed", that's a connection to the university. It's what makes it work. But it is a legally allowable connection? I don't know.

At the end of the day, I’m just having fun. If it’s not legal for me to sell it I’m not going to sell it.

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 08, 2023, 09:24:05 AM »
This person is not good at things. That jayhawk has scabies. You just photoshop a jayhawk with dark brandon eyes then sell it until they make you stop. It's not complicated.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 08, 2023, 11:53:42 AM »
Looks like a rooster who is on the short end of things on a Saturday night in Vinegar Bend, AL