Author Topic: ATTENTION: csourky's/CAS Awards are BACK!  (Read 2013 times)

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
ATTENTION: csourky's/CAS Awards are BACK!
« on: January 02, 2019, 09:47:24 AM »
Hello everyone. Starting RIGHT NOW. The evaluation process for the csourky's/CAS Awards has begun.

It's been a long-awaited return, but it's back. So get excited.

The categories will be as follows:

Best Poster of The Year
Best Thread of The Year
Best Post of The Year
Most Improved Poster
Feud of The Year
Best New Poster
Worst Post of The Year

That's all the categories for now. Additional categories may be added later.

For nominations: Post in this thread and @ me with your nomination.

NOTE: Anything that has happened in 2018 doesn't matter. All csourky's/CAS Awards will be judged SOLELY off the BBS'ing that has occurred in 2019.

Don't be a clown about nominating a bunch of random stuff just to nominate it. This is the csourky's/CAS Awards. It's a very prestigious award and doesn't need a bunch of drivel mucking up everything, ok?

With that being said. Nominate away.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION: csourky's/CAS Awards are BACK!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 09:53:09 AM »
 :excited:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
Cas, here are my nominations:

Best Poster of The Year - DLEW.  Really brought it during all conceivable situations and boards/threads.  Multi-tool player, he's the Ichiro of goEMAW.com.

Best Thread of The Year - WAKE UP! IT'S A NEW DAY! https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41093.0

Best Post of The Year:

I haven't seen a K-State football game in 6 years.

Most Improved Poster:  jrake

Feud of The Year:  Any NDSU poster and any goEMAW poster 1 hour after we found out that methtrell wasn't coming.

Best New Poster: (tie) NDSU Lollypop Kid, lakesbison

Worst Post of The Year:

We have sources indicating that the KSU AD will announce that LHC Bill Snyder’s run as head coach will end, and that we expect our next coach to be that LittreLL guy.  Our source is not a baby monitor duct taped to the bottom of a table in the AD offices, so do not bother checking for one because that would be a waste of Univeristy resources, and no one wants that. 

Additionally, we were told by another source “If he kept seiler on we'd have to buy more squat racks for the players.”  However, this seems like speculation.  I mean, someone absolutely said that, but we don’t really know what the squat rack situation is at all.

We will try to keep this thread updated as we know more.

Also, please remember to donate:  https://www.fattyfund.org/fatty-fund-1/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »

Best Poster of The Year - DLEW.  Really brought it during all conceivable situations and boards/threads.  Multi-tool player, he's the Ichiro of goEMAW.com.

Best Thread of The Year - WAKE UP! IT'S A NEW DAY! https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41093.0

Best Post of The Year:

Feud of The Year:  Any NDSU poster and any goEMAW poster 1 hour after we found out that methtrell wasn't coming.

Worst Post of The Year:

We have sources indicating that the KSU AD will announce that LHC Bill Snyder’s run as head coach will end, and that we expect our next coach to be that LittreLL guy.  Our source is not a baby monitor duct taped to the bottom of a table in the AD offices, so do not bother checking for one because that would be a waste of Univeristy resources, and no one wants that. 

Additionally, we were told by another source “If he kept seiler on we'd have to buy more squat racks for the players.”  However, this seems like speculation.  I mean, someone absolutely said that, but we don’t really know what the squat rack situation is at all.

Sorry Pete, but this is my nomination for Worst Post of 2019. Don't sweat it, because the year is still young.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »
Pete, thanks for the high praise.  That said:

NOTE: Anything that has happened in 2018 doesn't matter. All csourky's/CAS Awards will be judged SOLELY off the BBS'ing that has occurred in 2019.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:39 AM »
csourk has cleverly manipulated the csourky/CAS awards to only consider 2019 content.  color me shocked but also happy!  he and i have dominated new content creation in 2019 so far and we will continue to do so!  GO CATS!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:30:30 AM »

Best Post of The Year:

Worst Post of The Year:

Sorry Pete, but this is my nomination for Worst Post of 2019. Don't sweat it, because the year is still young.
This is the early leader in the clubhouse for CsPOY 2019
:adios:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »
A rough ridin' awards thread about the future?  What the eff is this? 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 05:47:14 PM »
I mean, who is going to explain the whole "we are skipping 2018" to the probable winners?  Not me.  I'm not delivering that rough ridin' message.   Your problem, you clean it up. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »
agree with pete, what a dumb thread

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »
I mean, who is going to explain the whole "we are skipping 2018" to the probable winners?  Not me.  I'm not delivering that rough ridin' message.   Your problem, you clean it up. 

This thread is the running nomination/discussion thread for all 2019 activity. Winners will be REVEALED on NYD of the next year.

I've been a bad about checking the boards during 2018 (and a lot longer than that) so it would have been poor form on my part to declare csourky (that's the name we are going with BTW) winners.

But we are full steam ahead for 2019!

Go Cats!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 01:44:46 PM »
Congrats to all the winners of a 2018 Petey.  Best of luck to everyone in the running for a 2018 csourky.

While it is up to the csourky committee, I will be very upset if a rough ridin' pit post wins anything.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 01:46:12 PM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 02:09:54 PM »
You're going to let people nominate themselves? JFC, why doesn't Steven Seagal just tell the Academy right now that he's winning the Oscar this year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »
this is a bad look for the csourky's.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »
You're going to let people nominate themselves? JFC, why doesn't Steven Seagal just tell the Academy right now that he's winning the Oscar this year.

I thought it was a pretty clever post, TBH.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 09:43:49 PM »
While I love that the c'sourkys are back, I hate that I got all my 2018 nominees written out in my head and only then did I realize they're not allowed for some reason. So I'm gonna post them here anyway.

2018 Best Poster of The Year -- I feel like this award should always be won by @KST8FAN, aka Tom. Not only does he have the best signature on this board, he also brings a few extra decades of qat wisdom to the board and the experiences, to boot. Just look at this increds merch.

2018 Best Thread of The Year -- Pat Bosco. Great townie stories about everyone's favorite stud Currie mush'r, and J Rake did some incredible work there. (See next category.)

2018 Best Post of The Year -- J Rake crushed the entire Pat Bosco thread. This was his second amazing post in the thread, and it was the hardest I've laughed while BBS'n this year for sure. 2018 Best Post.  And here's an honorable mention and here's another honorable mention and this one too and the only good post I can remember making this year

2018 Most Improved Poster -- Also J Rake. Made us all realize how little we wanted SLth Lismell.

2018 Feud of The Year -- Dax and Hillary

2018 Best New Poster -- Oyster_Trousers? I dunno. He's the only one that comes to mind at the minute.

2018 Worst Post of The Year -- This one. Not that the post itself was bad, I just feel bad for my buddy MIR.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:48 PM »
Can we just give everyone on this board a lifetime achievement award and head to the after party?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:26:36 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:03 AM »
While I love that the c'sourkys are back, I hate that I got all my 2018 nominees written out in my head and only then did I realize they're not allowed for some reason. So I'm gonna post them here anyway.

2018 Best Poster of The Year -- I feel like this award should always be won by @KST8FAN, aka Tom. Not only does he have the best signature on this board, he also brings a few extra decades of qat wisdom to the board and the experiences, to boot. Just look at this increds merch.

2018 Best Thread of The Year -- Pat Bosco. Great townie stories about everyone's favorite stud Currie mush'r, and J Rake did some incredible work there. (See next category.)

2018 Best Post of The Year -- J Rake crushed the entire Pat Bosco thread. This was his second amazing post in the thread, and it was the hardest I've laughed while BBS'n this year for sure. 2018 Best Post.  And here's an honorable mention and here's another honorable mention and this one too and the only good post I can remember making this year

2018 Most Improved Poster -- Also J Rake. Made us all realize how little we wanted SLth Lismell.

2018 Feud of The Year -- Dax and Hillary

2018 Best New Poster -- Oyster_Trousers? I dunno. He's the only one that comes to mind at the minute.

2018 Worst Post of The Year -- This one. Not that the post itself was bad, I just feel bad for my buddy MIR.

Great stuff SB. I loved that Pat Bosco thread.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
Can we just give everyone on this board a lifetime achievement award and head to the after party?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
As long as you're bringing that fine bourbon stash, let's do it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Adjust the year cycle for the csourkys so they can be awarded at FattyFests. 

You'd have to get @katkid to finalize the basics for FattyFest 2019 and announce the date, but still.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 09:02:50 AM »
Adjust the year cycle for the csourkys so they can be awarded at FattyFests. 

You'd have to get @katkid to finalize the basics for FattyFest 2019 and announce the date, but still.

I'm all for this.