Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 449396 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #3850 on: January 25, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
3/24 is the new Q date. It is truly amazing how gullible these people are.

very on brand maga
Those glasses make her look so smart that you almost believe she is on to something....

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 25, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »
I like the strategy.

Legit irrelevant fact to seem reasonable
OMG CRAZY crap

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 25, 2021, 10:43:13 AM »
"The first ten or so articles...."   Holy crap lmaoooo

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: January 25, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/dominion-voting-systems-sues-rudy-giuliani-over-false-election-claims-n1255511

The reason all of the magas who were screaming about Dominion stopped instantly because huge cowards

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: January 25, 2021, 12:06:32 PM »
Maybe he was just more careful with how he worded things, but any reason they couldn’t sue Trump as well?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: January 25, 2021, 12:41:40 PM »
Maybe he was just more careful with how he worded things, but any reason they couldn’t sue Trump as well?

Trump has civil immunity for actions taken while President.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: January 25, 2021, 12:42:15 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/dominion-voting-systems-sues-rudy-giuliani-over-false-election-claims-n1255511

The reason all of the magas who were screaming about Dominion stopped instantly because huge cowards

I bet they're still gonna have to change their name. "Dominion" was generally the first word out of any "stop the steal" man on the street interview and ultimately that sort of reputation will lead to a huge hit to their business if they keep it.

Of course if they change it the magas will be too dumb to realize but still a big pain for Dominion.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: January 25, 2021, 02:06:42 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 25, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »
I hear that guy's show some times, he's got a Mike Rowe voice and hates democrats.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: January 25, 2021, 02:17:45 PM »
yes I am sure they hadn't considered that.  4D chess by Rudy

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3860 on: January 25, 2021, 02:22:01 PM »
This was my favorite quote:

"The amount being asked for is, quite obviously, intended to frighten people of faint heart. It is another act of intimidation by the hate-filled left wing to wipe out and censor the exercise of free speech, as well as the ability of lawyers to defend their clients vigorously," he said. "As such, we will investigate a countersuit against them for violating these constitutional rights."

Cross post to PC thread?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: January 25, 2021, 03:35:35 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: January 25, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »
Rudy needs to file a lawsuit (or counterclaim, I guess) against Dominion and then claim litigation privilege as an absolute defense to defamation.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: January 25, 2021, 04:27:07 PM »
Rudy needs to file a lawsuit (or counterclaim, I guess) against Dominion and then claim litigation privilege as an absolute defense to defamation.

I wish he would

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: January 25, 2021, 04:29:47 PM »
I'm all for whatever it takes for Rudy to continue making an ass of himself and providing things that everyone can point and laugh at.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: January 25, 2021, 04:31:09 PM »
Claiming work product for false statements made at a press conference would certainly allow that

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: January 25, 2021, 10:35:26 PM »
Claiming work product for false statements made at a press conference would certainly allow that

I'm actually not joking. I only know Texas law in this realm, and I don't know what law applies in the Dominion suit, but it's a plausible defense.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: January 26, 2021, 08:34:58 AM »

I'm actually not joking. I only know Texas law in this realm, and I don't know what law applies in the Dominion suit, but it's a plausible defense.

You make them in public and any privilege you might questionably have is waived.  I'm sure there are wrinkles in TX but can you give me some insight how his defense of "work product" could morph into a counterclaim?  And are you saying he can do press conferences falsely claiming the Dominion machines intentionally manipulated Presidential votes and not be potentially liable for this obvious lie that he knew was an obvious lie?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 26, 2021, 08:54:08 AM »
If Rudy is old and stupid enough to sincerely believe his claims, does that make any difference?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: January 26, 2021, 09:07:37 AM »
If Rudy is old and stupid enough to sincerely believe his claims, does that make any difference?

He doesn't though.  It was to rile up the old butter pants.  He wouldn't put it in his court pleadings....just in his pressers.  That's pretty clear proof he knew that was maga BS

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: January 26, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »

You make them in public and any privilege you might questionably have is waived.  I'm sure there are wrinkles in TX but can you give me some insight how his defense of "work product" could morph into a counterclaim?  And are you saying he can do press conferences falsely claiming the Dominion machines intentionally manipulated Presidential votes and not be potentially liable for this obvious lie that he knew was an obvious lie?

It's not a "privilege" like a/c communications or work product. Statements made during (or in contemplation of) litigation are immune from defamation liability (I assume this is true in most places). Rudy could argue that his statements were made in contemplation of litigation, especially if he asserts a claim against Dominion. He just needs a plaintiff with standing...

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: January 26, 2021, 11:41:57 AM »
You can’t sue me, I was going to sue you! Seems like a solid defense.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: January 26, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »

It's not a "privilege" like a/c communications or work product. Statements made during (or in contemplation of) litigation are immune from defamation liability (I assume this is true in most places). Rudy could argue that his statements were made in contemplation of litigation, especially if he asserts a claim against Dominion. He just needs a plaintiff with standing...

He can't go looking for a plaintiff and then claim what he said last month in a presser was IAOL.  I mean I guess he could try but LOL

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: January 26, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »
Little primer for any interested nerds: https://www.abi.org/abi-journal/the-boundaries-of-litigation-privilege

I think Rudy’s biggest hurdle is the fact that a lot of his statements were clearly made to the press and public, not in any kind of attempt to vindicate the harms he complained about. If he was being sued only for stuff he said in congressional hearings and the dozens of lawsuits that got dismissed, it would probably be a closer call.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: January 26, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »
yeah, he was saying these things to get a reaction from the magas.  He was not discussing strategy or making allegations that later turned out to be unsupported.