Author Topic: MEGA MAGA  (Read 463360 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: MAGA
« Reply #2150 on: June 26, 2020, 03:01:47 PM »
I guess I worded that wrong, I know why people want the university to take action, I just don't agree. A public university has no business in being the thought police.
To split hairs, K-State wouldn't be the thought police here, they'd be the speech police.  And there are plenty of those in our lives. 

If I made a joke like that, I'd expect to be fired.  If my employer fired me for some thought it suspected I had, I'd take issue with it.

Anyway, I recognize that expelling him could result in a slippery slope.  Who's to say next week that pro-life students don't call for some adamant pro-choice student to be expelled, or vice versa?  I'm comfortable enough that K-State would use judgment to prevent that sort of thing from happening.  The "at first they came for the racist jokemaker, and I said nothing" rationale doesn't really concern me all that much.  Is this all hypocritical?  Yes it is.  Do I care in this instance?  Not really. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 26, 2020, 03:01:59 PM »
For several reasons I won't explain here, I don't think it would work to simply expel him, wait to see if he sues, and then reinstate him and assert lack of standing.

cool appreciate the insight

You want to know the reasons?

I'd honestly be curious

I'm trying to gum up threads less with legal stuff, but "capable of repetition yet evading review" and "voluntary cessation" are two related examples of exceptions to the general standing and mootness doctrines. On the former, the idea is that some injuries are necessarily transitory in nature and likely to become unredressable before a case can be finally decided (Roe v. Wade is the classic example). On the latter, a defendant should not be allowed to manufacture mootness by ceasing its bad conduct once a suit is filed only to turn around and do the exact same thing once a case is dismissed as moot. Otherwise, the offensive conduct could never be addressed. Some other stuff too, but I don't want to get into it.

YEs.  I am still not sure who takes up this little grifter's case.  ACLU is the logical choice but maga grifters hate the ACLU.

Institute for Justice.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 26, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
For several reasons I won't explain here, I don't think it would work to simply expel him, wait to see if he sues, and then reinstate him and assert lack of standing.

I'd honestly be curious

I'm trying to gum up threads less with legal stuff, but "capable of repetition yet evading review" and "voluntary cessation" are two related examples of exceptions to the general standing and mootness doctrines. On the former, the idea is that some injuries are necessarily transitory in nature and likely to become unredressable before a case can be finally decided (Roe v. Wade is the classic example). On the latter, a defendant should not be allowed to manufacture mootness by ceasing its bad conduct once a suit is filed only to turn around and do the exact same thing once a case is dismissed as moot. Otherwise, the offensive conduct could never be addressed. Some other stuff too, but I don't want to get into it.
Why not just kick him out, wait for the TRO and throw our hands up and say "well we tried"?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 26, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »
Don’t/haven’t  schools kicked kids for black face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 26, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »
Don’t/haven’t  schools kicked kids for black face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They left on their own apparently.  Probably after an ultimatum from the school.

They were also apologetic about what they'd done and probably weren't seeking to be martyrs.  This is a different nut to crack.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 26, 2020, 03:17:04 PM »
I guess I worded that wrong, I know why people want the university to take action, I just don't agree. A public university has no business in being the thought police.
To split hairs, K-State wouldn't be the thought police here, they'd be the speech police.  And there are plenty of those in our lives. 

If I made a joke like that, I'd expect to be fired.  If my employer fired me for some thought it suspected I had, I'd take issue with it.

Anyway, I recognize that expelling him could result in a slippery slope.  Who's to say next week that pro-life students don't call for some adamant pro-choice student to be expelled, or vice versa?  I'm comfortable enough that K-State would use judgment to prevent that sort of thing from happening.  The "at first they came for the racist jokemaker, and I said nothing" rationale doesn't really concern me all that much.  Is this all hypocritical?  Yes it is.  Do I care in this instance?  Not really.

I have no problem with a business firing someone for something like this, but that's a separate issue. 

I'm uncomfortable with an unelected public worker being fired for it, but can see a reasoning that they'd be unable to properly serve the public as cause.

Similarly, this dude is likely going to be a distraction at in-person classes (because of his own choices) and I have no problem with catsu telling him he either continues online or transfers. I just don't think a public university should be expelling him.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 26, 2020, 03:19:59 PM »

I'd honestly be curious

Why not just kick him out, wait for the TRO and throw our hands up and say "well we tried"?

A TRO is, by definition, temporary, so that wouldn't resolve the case. Also, he could seek money damages (even nominal) in addition to injunctive relief.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 26, 2020, 03:28:04 PM »

I'd honestly be curious

A TRO is, by definition, temporary, so that wouldn't resolve the case. Also, he could seek money damages (even nominal) in addition to injunctive relief.
then let the whole process play out in district court.  do your best, probably lose, and don't appeal.  bingo bango bongo.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 26, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
Just have all professors flunk him out for being a huge dork

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 26, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »
A barrage of PI upon him every single time he walks from one classroom/building to another.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MAGA
« Reply #2160 on: June 26, 2020, 03:52:00 PM »
This is getting closer to my preferred course of action. I’d much rather the university provide multiple platforms to lambast that POS than kicking him out (absent an actual threat, then he’s out).

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 26, 2020, 03:52:26 PM »
Lol at this kid bitching about what this place wrote about him first and them in turn researching harder and finding much more.

https://www.irehr.org/2020/02/27/an-affinity-for-bigotry-jaden-mcneil-of-america-first-students/

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 26, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
Jaden Patrick McNeil
Junior Political Science-BS, Pre-Law-N, University Honors Program-N

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 26, 2020, 05:31:39 PM »
Where's he from?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 26, 2020, 05:45:05 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 26, 2020, 06:31:02 PM »
Where's he from?

when I searched him it came up Hastings, Nubbs
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 26, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »
He’s a nub, yes.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 26, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »
I’ve examined my conscience to determine why I had my change of heart and I settled on this:

I care about Cats football and Cats football players more than everyone’s constitutional rights.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2168 on: June 26, 2020, 08:38:21 PM »
KSO is certainly not disappointing in it's reaction. 

Very on brand for ksuags.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 26, 2020, 08:41:12 PM »

That board really has become unreadable.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 26, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »
xpost with Football board

i don't think K-State should expel him. If they expel him, he'll sue, and probably win. Instead, I think they should give him a degree right now. A BA in political science, give him the diploma and send him on his way, giving him exemption from credit and course requirements. That way, he can't sue and he's out in the world with, functionally, half a degree. You don't accept him if he applies for grad school and you bar him from all alumni events. #ThePrinceHisAss

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 26, 2020, 09:57:50 PM »
that is so crazy it just might work
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 26, 2020, 10:37:20 PM »

rough ridin' truth. I'm not renewing in September, I can't be associated with that filth.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 26, 2020, 10:42:23 PM »
Not only should they expel this scumbag from school but they have to. This emboldened him and his litany of 21st century klansmen, doing nothing won't fix this, it will make it worse and he'll keep embarrassing the school. The amount of damage he's going to do to Kansas State University will far outpace the 6 figure settlement check they'll eventually cut him.

Apparently he has used other platforms to threaten and dox some students so this may all be moot anyway.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 26, 2020, 10:45:35 PM »

rough ridin' truth. I'm not renewing in September, I can't be associated with that filth.

For the past few months I only clicked through articles & posts linked by DY or Grant on Twitter. I tried to look this evening and my subscription had run out. I looked just to see how long the thread was. I assume aggieville_08 blew it up.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls