Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76266 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #425 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:57 AM »
they should just give him some money to start on his little toy. it's going to be a great physical monument to his run as president.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 10, 2019, 10:33:20 AM »
Well, it was only a matter of time before somebody put a lit together like this.

https://news.grabien.com/story-things-democrats-have-funded-cost-more-border-wall

What a stupid list.  Small communities don't appreciate internet enough?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:23 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 10, 2019, 11:31:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/mattzap/status/1083406210458632192

So we've got FBI agents in debt up their eyeballs living paycheck to paycheck? What could go wrong there? :flush: Sounds like we need to make Financial Peace University mandatory for government employment.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 10, 2019, 11:32:15 AM »
they should just give him some money to start on his little toy. it's going to be a great physical monument to his run as president.

no.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 10, 2019, 11:46:36 AM »

So we've got FBI agents in debt up their eyeballs living paycheck to paycheck? What could go wrong there? :flush: Sounds like we need to make Financial Peace University mandatory for government employment.
4 out 5 full time employed people report that they live paycheck to paycheck. Let’s say that figure is severely exaggerated, and it’s only 50%. I assume most FBI agents are highly educated, so they came out of school with $100k+ in debt and live in an expensive city...nothing is surprising about FBI agents living paycheck to paycheck
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 10, 2019, 11:48:13 AM »

no.

But just think if it was built what a great opportunity it would present for liberals to travel to the border to take videos of themselves screaming at it, peeing on it, spray painting mean things about Trump on it, etc. Could be very cathartic plus a nice tourism boost. I guess what I'm saying is don't rule this out without considering all the angles.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 10, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »
A very modular wall that can be adapted for many purposes, like it could retract or be realigned to be helpful if better immigration policies come to be and help to serve field offices at many border spots.  It could also be removed, transported and reused to separate parts of the broken-up usa.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:15 AM »

4 out 5 full time employed people report that they live paycheck to paycheck. Let’s say that figure is severely exaggerated, and it’s only 50%. I assume most FBI agents are highly educated, so they came out of school with $100k+ in debt and live in an expensive city...nothing is surprising about FBI agents living paycheck to paycheck

I agree, not all that surprising that Americans are generally way overextended. A little surprising when "smart" people do it because it's a rough ridin' idiotic thing to do. Fortunately, if the student loans are the issue there's the deferment option, but pretty sure the student loans aren't the problem. Buying that nice house in Alexandria might be a bigger problem.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
A very modular wall that can be adapted for many purposes, like it could retract or be realigned to be helpful if better immigration policies come to be and help to serve field offices at many border spots.  It could also be removed, transported and reused to separate parts of the broken-up usa.

Or - OR, a very permanent wall that our next president Alexandria Occasional Cortex could tear down Berlin-wall style! Again, this could be a really nice set up to some very cathartic responses down the road. Just think about it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »
Does kdub know that fbi dudes live all over the country and not just DC?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
Does kdub know that fbi dudes live all over the country and not just DC?

Yeah but just going off the example given above.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »

I agree, not all that surprising that Americans are generally way overextended. A little surprising when "smart" people do it because it's a rough ridin' idiotic thing to do. Fortunately, if the student loans are the issue there's the deferment option, but pretty sure the student loans aren't the problem. Buying that nice house in Alexandria might be a bigger problem.

Same dude who went into a rage about not being able to support his family after a $400 yearly tax increase

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 10, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »
So should I put this here, or in the Liberals Losing Their F'ing Minds Over Trump thread?

http://mynorthwest.com/1237906/was-video-of-president-trumps-tuesday-address-doctored/

The video editor "has been placed on leave." :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 10, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »
So 21 days is the longest ever, right? Surely Don can last that long before caving.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
You call it a shutdown

I call it the Annual ”Smoke out illiquid government employees stress test”!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 10, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »
Or - a very permanent wall that our next president Alexandria Occasional Cortex could tear down Berlin-wall style! Again, this could be a really nice set up to some very cathartic responses down the road. Just think about it.

if trump were to be allowed to build a wall, i would vote for aoc if she campaigned on tearing it down.

for that matter, i'd vote for her if she campaigned on tearing down our existing walls, regardless of any trump additions.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
So should I put this here, or in the Liberals Losing Their F'ing Minds Over Trump thread?

http://mynorthwest.com/1237906/was-video-of-president-trumps-tuesday-address-doctored/

The video editor "has been placed on leave." :lol:

:lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
Or - a very permanent wall that our next president Alexandria Occasional Cortex could tear down Berlin-wall style! Again, this could be a really nice set up to some very cathartic responses down the road. Just think about it.

if trump were to be allowed to build a wall, i would vote for aoc if she campaigned on tearing it down.

for that matter, i'd vote for her if she campaigned on tearing down our existing walls, regardless of any trump additions.

You and about 20 million other people. Trump would win in a complete landslide. Man, it would be so much easier politically if the Dems just ran on what they truly believe.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:29:38 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »
she wouldn't be running against trump.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 10, 2019, 12:29:00 PM »
she wouldn't be running against trump.

Matt Yglesias (considered to be one of those "smart" liberals at Vox) thinks she ought to, and "dare the Supreme Court to stop her." LOL

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/12/18134945/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-president

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 10, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »
it's a fair point that there's a non-zero chance that aoc dares the court to stop her in 2020 or that trump does in 2024.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 10, 2019, 12:37:02 PM »

Why do you keep acting like this is only an issue if you sympathize for the employees?