Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76210 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves? (where no democrat answers thread)
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2019, 08:57:04 PM »
it really doesn't surprise me that Ksu knows how to get leverage in a negotiation better than Big Don, plus he has better legal advisors, just a shame being President didnt fit his schedule this cycle.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2019, 08:59:02 PM »
Can Trump close the border?  thats what we are talking about Spracne

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 07, 2019, 09:01:58 PM »
Trump would love to have a court tell him he can’t build the wall, then he can claim victory without doing anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 07, 2019, 09:02:47 PM »
Can Trump close the border?  thats what we are talking about Spracne
I understand that the President has certain powers that the People have granted he should have in times of crisis. It's a prudential prerogative. I also understand the importance of separation of powers. But courts can intervene when powers are being abused. Checks and balances. I think this would be an abuse of power. And I hope he does it, if only so that we can get law on the books curtailing Executive power.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 07, 2019, 09:17:44 PM »
it feels like Trump is trying to use all his "toys" (oval office address, declaring national emergency) the presidential powers gives him before he has to leave.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2019, 09:18:33 PM »
Its hard for me to imagine that Trump taking action to enforce US law at the border regardless of how much that slows traffic would be something the Supremes would rule against but law is not really my thing.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 07, 2019, 09:22:40 PM »
Its hard for me to imagine that Trump taking action to enforce US law at the border regardless of how much that slows traffic would be something the Supremes would rule against but law is not really my thing.
It's not hard for me to imagine. The President was given that power via an Act of Congress long ago. The question is whether the (future) invocation of those powers falls within the mandate contemplated by Congress. I don't think SCOTUS would intervene lightly, but in a case of obvious abuse they can and likely would.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 07, 2019, 09:28:01 PM »
I’m not sure declaring a national emergency is gonna be sufficient to survive a 9th circuit injunction. To be on the safe side, Trump should just declare war on Mexico tomorrow. Then he can the military to build the wall in a jif. Probably a moat, too.
The way you're talking, it makes it seem like you believe the 9th Cir. would be wrong to enjoin such a Presidential action. Is that the case?

I'm actually not sure. It might depend upon the basis for the national emergency and where the funds are pulled from.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 07, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
It's not hard for me to imagine. The President was given that power via an Act of Congress long ago. The question is whether the (future) invocation of those powers falls within the mandate contemplated by Congress. I don't think SCOTUS would intervene lightly, but in a case of obvious abuse they can and likely would.

well you would know

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
I’m not sure declaring a national emergency is gonna be sufficient to survive a 9th circuit injunction. To be on the safe side, Trump should just declare war on Mexico tomorrow. Then he can the military to build the wall in a jif. Probably a moat, too.
The way you're talking, it makes it seem like you believe the 9th Cir. would be wrong to enjoin such a Presidential action. Is that the case?

I'm actually not sure. It might depend upon the basis for the national emergency and where the funds are pulled from.

The fact that you can't name the basis of calling a national emergency might indicate it's not much of a national emergency but you know...Trump knows best.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 07, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »
I don’t pretend to be a legal expert on all things. I think a very plausible case can be made that this invasion does constitute a national emergency. The question is whether that will enable Trump to draw on sufficient funds to commence construction. That’s very uncertain.

Some issues are relatively easy. Others aren’t. The laws here (there are many) are unclear. You can bet some extremely bright and knowledgeable lawyers on his team have been studying this issue for some time. Anybody who claims to be sure they know how such a strategy would end up (other than the 9th Circ injunction - of that you can be sure) is talking out of his ass - especially in the Pit.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 07, 2019, 10:04:39 PM »
Back to laughing about Trump and the liberals losing their effing minds about Trump, how utterly amazing would it be for Trump to don a hard hat and shovel and make his address a groundbreaking ceremony? Won’t happen, but damn that’s make for an enjoyable 24 hours of screetching rage on CNN.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:24 PM »
Back to laughing about Trump and the liberals losing their effing minds about Trump, how utterly amazing would it be for Trump to don a hard hat and shovel and make his address a groundbreaking ceremony? Won’t happen, but damn that’s make for an enjoyable 24 hours of screetching rage on CNN.

i feel bad that your only hopes remaining for Trump is how much he can enrage the other side....#1America kdub.  ...we're all on the same side!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:57 PM »
I don’t pretend to be a legal expert on all things. I think a very plausible case can be made that this invasion does constitute a national emergency. The question is whether that will enable Trump to draw on sufficient funds to commence construction. That’s very uncertain.

Some issues are relatively easy. Others aren’t. The laws here (there are many) are unclear. You can bet some extremely bright and knowledgeable lawyers on his team have been studying this issue for some time. Anybody who claims to be sure they know how such a strategy would end up (other than the 9th Circ injunction - of that you can be sure) is talking out of his ass - especially in the Pit.
I'm on record saying the travel ban was within the President's purview. So, I'm not some Anti-Trump stooge. In fact, I caught tons of heat from the resident libbots for it.

I think your reserved approach here betrays the fact that you know in your heart of hearts that Trump would be wrong to pursue this strategy, legally.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 07, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »

gosh darned checks and balances!!!!  :curse: :curse:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 07, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »
#1America kdub.  ...we're all on the same side!

No, we’re not. We’d all be a lot better off if we accepted it and got out of this relationship.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 07, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
#1America kdub.  ...we're all on the same side!

No, we’re not. We’d all be a lot better off if we accepted it and got out of this relationship.

Can I bring Mahomes to the PNW?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 07, 2019, 10:14:20 PM »
have i made it clear that i dont think Trump can say national emergency and build a wall, im saying he can say national emergency and close the border?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 07, 2019, 10:21:04 PM »

I'm on record saying the travel ban was within the President's purview. So, I'm not some Anti-Trump stooge. In fact, I caught tons of heat from the resident libbots for it.

I think your reserved approach here betrays the fact that you know in your heart of hearts that Trump would be wrong to pursue this strategy, legally.

The travel ban was an easy call. So congrats? This one isn’t. That’s why I’m reserved.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 07, 2019, 10:23:45 PM »

i feel bad that your only hopes remaining for Trump is how much he can enrage the other side....#1America kdub.  ...we're all on the same side!

Sigh. Why do I even bother responding? As I’ve explained before, it possible to be glad Trump won while at the same time acknowledging and laughing at his Trumpisms while at the same time laughing at the liberal freak out. Because I’m not a brain dead lemming liberal.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 07, 2019, 10:27:54 PM »
“This invasion”
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 07, 2019, 10:32:43 PM »

Sigh. Why do I even bother responding? As I’ve explained before, it possible to be glad Trump won while at the same time acknowledging and laughing at his Trumpisms while at the same time laughing at the liberal freak out. Because I’m not a brain dead lemming liberal.

Are there liberals that are not brain dead lemmings though?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2019, 07:18:05 AM »

Are there liberals that are not brain dead lemmings though?

Of course. Just not here that I’ve seen.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2019, 08:16:35 AM »
It's the pit son....I assumed everybody was playing a role. wait, you are serious? Ohhhhhhhh.