Author Topic: How mad will you be if Pelosi caves? (oh no! trump caved again!) onto the ER  (Read 76198 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: How mad will you be if Schumer caves?
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
Point being there is nothing stupid about taking a Free wall when it’s offered

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2018, 06:23:21 PM »
 :impatient:

rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »
I swear that KSUW started a thread here titled "The Big Beautfiul Mexican Paid For Wall". Maybe not.

I’m very proud of that title. Just because I support Trump doesn’t mean I can’t joke about him. I can understand why liberals take solace in pretending that all of Trump’s voters either feel betrayed or are too stupid to see they’re being played. Neither is true.

Trump was not my choice in the primaries. He is not an intellectual or a conservative champion. He is crass, egotistical, immoral, and immature. Because he has no political savvy except for his formidable brand of populism, he has utterly failed to lead that discombobulated band of fucktards known as the GOP. As a result, his record on important issues like spending and Obamacare is an utter failure.

And despite all of that, I can also feel extreme gratitude that he beat and even worse person and liberal, and in so doing has managed to advance conservative causes in some important regards, such as appointing stellar judges for the rule of law, trimming back the regulatory state, and tax reform. It’s also quite hilarious at times watching him “own the libs.”

Acknowledging the good and bad, and being satisfied with a choice because it was the better one to make, is not inconsistent or hypocritical. I do not feel betrayed (by Trump) because I knew what I was getting. And I’m certainly not being played.

I stopped posting here because most of the posters are so... meh. Be smart, or be funny, but don’t waste my time with boring liberal bitchiness.

I nominate this backtrack of the year.

Such a gleaming list of accomplishments in 2 years while owning the senate and house...appointing judges (every president just you know, does this and it's not a banner part of their administration)...giving companies tax breaks (that didn't filter down to employees)....and knocking out a few regulations.  Wow. 

I particularly enjoy how good God fearing conservatives can swallow all their morals and support this guy....for how little he actually is getting done....and LOL at "the other side" when they point out how morally/intellectually bankrupt this guy is and we should expect better of our president.... in the name of "owning the libs"....seriously, WTF guys.

So crap like this is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Nearly every ounce of what Phil says is either an error or a distortion. In order:
1. Trump’s accomplishments to date are on par if not greater than Obama’s, and that is with a far slimmer senate majority. Obama has a filibuster proof senate for his first two years and only managed to squeak through that turd that is Obamacare.
2. Trump’s track record in appointing judges vastly exceeds Obama to date, particularly at the circuit level. He can thank Mertle for this. His track record has been nothing short of remarkable. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-federal-judges/?utm_term=.b7a808d26d66
3. Over 80% of Americans received a tax cut in the recent reform. https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/distributional-analysis-conference-agreement-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act Which is frankly amazing considering only about half of Americans pay income tax to begin with. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2015/10/06/new-estimates-of-how-many-households-pay-no-federal-income-tax/amp/ But I know - those are just “crumbs,” right Nancy?

I think I’ve sinilarly unpacked another of Phil’s moronic posts point-by-point, but why bother? He’s not going to change. He’s not going to suddenly say “gee, if everything I said was either wrong or misleading, maybe I should reevaluate my positions, or where I’m getting my info from.” I literally just wasted 15 minutes of my life telling anonymous internet dweeb he’s wrong, wrong, and wrong. To what end? That’s why I stopped coming around here. It’s a waste of time playing whack-a-mole with their stupid arguments.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
That’s why I stopped coming around here. It’s a waste of time playing whack-a-mole with their stupid arguments.

Now we just need to do this irl w/the entire country and build a wall separating everyone.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »
you are defining "accomplishment" too broadly. is something to be lauded simply because it was done? what does the tax cut accomplish actually accomplish if trickle-down economics is a complete farce? i stepped in dogshit today - where the eff is my standing ovation?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2018, 08:32:46 PM »
I swear that KSUW started a thread here titled "The Big Beautfiul Mexican Paid For Wall". Maybe not.

I’m very proud of that title. Just because I support Trump doesn’t mean I can’t joke about him. I can understand why liberals take solace in pretending that all of Trump’s voters either feel betrayed or are too stupid to see they’re being played. Neither is true.

Trump was not my choice in the primaries. He is not an intellectual or a conservative champion. He is crass, egotistical, immoral, and immature. Because he has no political savvy except for his formidable brand of populism, he has utterly failed to lead that discombobulated band of fucktards known as the GOP. As a result, his record on important issues like spending and Obamacare is an utter failure.

And despite all of that, I can also feel extreme gratitude that he beat and even worse person and liberal, and in so doing has managed to advance conservative causes in some important regards, such as appointing stellar judges for the rule of law, trimming back the regulatory state, and tax reform. It’s also quite hilarious at times watching him “own the libs.”

Acknowledging the good and bad, and being satisfied with a choice because it was the better one to make, is not inconsistent or hypocritical. I do not feel betrayed (by Trump) because I knew what I was getting. And I’m certainly not being played.

I stopped posting here because most of the posters are so... meh. Be smart, or be funny, but don’t waste my time with boring liberal bitchiness.

Such a gleaming list of accomplishments in 2 years while owning the senate and house...appointing judges (every president just you know, does this and it's not a banner part of their administration)...giving companies tax breaks (that didn't filter down to employees)....and knocking out a few regulations.  Wow. 

I particularly enjoy how good God fearing conservatives can swallow all their morals and support this guy....for how little he actually is getting done....and LOL at "the other side" when they point out how morally/intellectually bankrupt this guy is and we should expect better of our president.... in the name of "owning the libs"....seriously, WTF guys.

So crap like this is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. Nearly every ounce of what Phil says is either an error or a distortion. In order:
1. Trump’s accomplishments to date are on par if not greater than Obama’s, and that is with a far slimmer senate majority. Obama has a filibuster proof senate for his first two years and only managed to squeak through that turd that is Obamacare.
2. Trump’s track record in appointing judges vastly exceeds Obama to date, particularly at the circuit level. He can thank Mertle for this. His track record has been nothing short of remarkable. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-federal-judges/?utm_term=.b7a808d26d66
3. Over 80% of Americans received a tax cut in the recent reform. https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/distributional-analysis-conference-agreement-tax-cuts-and-jobs-act Which is frankly amazing considering only about half of Americans pay income tax to begin with. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2015/10/06/new-estimates-of-how-many-households-pay-no-federal-income-tax/amp/ But I know - those are just “crumbs,” right Nancy?

I think I’ve sinilarly unpacked another of Phil’s moronic posts point-by-point, but why bother? He’s not going to change. He’s not going to suddenly say “gee, if everything I said was either wrong or misleading, maybe I should reevaluate my positions, or where I’m getting my info from.” I literally just wasted 15 minutes of my life telling anonymous internet dweeb he’s wrong, wrong, and wrong. To what end? That’s why I stopped coming around here. It’s a waste of time playing whack-a-mole with their stupid arguments.

This is a really good assessment of the pit, I mostly ignore the stupid posts.  Trolling should probabaly
make up 10% of posts on a good bbs.  Geposters throw fleaflickers every down and they never work.
It gets boring when nobody is actually trolled.  It would also be interesting to debate issues with people
that can concede a point without parroting weak talking points, whataboutism, and pointing out hypocrisy
as a game winner.  Hypocrisy is bad but it does not win an argument when your own argument is flawed.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2018, 08:36:01 PM »

soooo

Obamacare - Neither Repealed nor Replaced somehow made worse
Syria - ISIS still has over 30,00 fighters and we are leaving the people repsobsible for any gains against the group out to dry due to the demand of an Islamic Dictator
Wall - Not built and Mexico is not paying (also does not appear to be big nor beautiful)
Stock Market - Taking a beating and entering a Bear Cycle
Deficit - Exploding
North Korea - totally silverbacked us
Middle East Peace - Shocking but the Kush ain't gonna get it done
Russia - COLUSION - check / biusiness negotiations while candidate - check / back channel and face to face contact - check / pee tapes - ???
Prostitutes - Totally banged em and paid em to keep quiet
Lying - Constant about everything
Steak - well done with ketchup
Suits - poorly fitting
Vacations? - Golfing his ass off
Cabinet - goddamn disaster with anyone who spent any amount of time talking crap on trump either openly or off the record
Indictments - like bunches and bunches

But really Party over country comrades.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:41:18 PM by LickNeckey »

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »
great example of a stupid post not worth responding to.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
really you are wise in not spending time defending this crap show of a presidency

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

Exactly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »

Exactly.

a set of facts don't really require response...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2018, 08:59:58 PM »
you are defining "accomplishment" too broadly. is something to be lauded simply because it was done? what does the tax cut accomplish actually accomplish if trickle-down economics is a complete farce? i stepped in dogshit today - where the eff is my standing ovation?

I agree that simply doing something shouldn’t be lauded as an accomplishment if it doesn’t actually help. That’s why I don’t consider Obamacare an accomplishment - more like a trillion dollar fuckup that actually increased dependency on insurance middlemen and further increased the cost of health insurance while putting millions more on the rolls of a Medicaid entitlement that is already unsustainable.

Concerning the tax reform, some very smart economists disagree on how much impact it had, it is really too early to measure its success, and it will never be known for certain anyway. However, I consider allowing people to keep more of their own money to be a good thing, period. And that’s what happened for the vast majority of Americans.

In my case the tax reform is going to reduce my effective rate by several whole percentage points, which is stunning. Highly compensated W2 wage earners were getting absolutely mumped by the old tax code, and many of us got significant relief with the tax reform. Of course, people like us are outliers. Most people won’t realize the same tax savings I will, but again, most weren’t getting nearly as screwed as I was to start with. Again, allowing people to keep any additional amount of their own money is a good thing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
:impatient:

rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

I love insidey stuff but eh

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2018, 09:45:42 PM »

I agree that simply doing something shouldn’t be lauded as an accomplishment if it doesn’t actually help. That’s why I don’t consider Obamacare an accomplishment - more like a trillion dollar fuckup that actually increased dependency on insurance middlemen and further increased the cost of health insurance while putting millions more on the rolls of a Medicaid entitlement that is already unsustainable.

Concerning the tax reform, some very smart economists disagree on how much impact it had, it is really too early to measure its success, and it will never be known for certain anyway. However, I consider allowing people to keep more of their own money to be a good thing, period. And that’s what happened for the vast majority of Americans.

In my case the tax reform is going to reduce my effective rate by several whole percentage points, which is stunning. Highly compensated W2 wage earners were getting absolutely mumped by the old tax code, and many of us got significant relief with the tax reform. Of course, people like us are outliers. Most people won’t realize the same tax savings I will, but again, most weren’t getting nearly as screwed as I was to start with. Again, allowing people to keep any additional amount of their own money is a good thing.

How can it be a good thing if it has led to the country being less solvent than it was prior to the tax cuts? It's not pulling people up out of poverty and increasing the size of the middle class, so how can it be a good thing?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2018, 09:50:06 PM »
what if you found out that manipulation of tax policy was not an effective tool to make people go from underclass to middleclass?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2018, 09:54:59 PM »
there are people throughout history that have failed to accomplish this goal and accomplished this goal
in era's that had polar opposites in tax policy.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2018, 08:02:08 AM »

How can it be a good thing if it has led to the country being less solvent than it was prior to the tax cuts? It's not pulling people up out of poverty and increasing the size of the middle class, so how can it be a good thing?

You don’t know that the tax cuts have made the country “less solvent.” Nobody does. Some very smart economists disagree on the exact “cost” of the tax reform, if any. It is a fact that in straight up nominal dollars, tax receipts increased by $14 billion in FY18 over FY17.  You can scoff at that and say “sure, but historically it should have increased by more.” And maybe you’re right. Or maybe not. Because we don’t actually know exactly how much impact the cuts had on boosting the economy.

Two things seem pretty clear, however. First, tax reform didn’t cost us anywhere near the price tag predicted by most experts, dynamically scores or otherwise. Second, our deficits continue to be driven mostly by the simple fact that spending continues to far outpace revenue either at the present or former level of taxation.

And that second point leads me to one more. It seems manifestly absurd and unfair to me to say that even if tax reform cost us something, we shouldn’t have allowed people to keep a little more of their own money just because our government can’t get a grip on its spending binge. This wasn’t a new entitlement redistributing people’s money to others. It’s their money.

I guess I can’t expect liberals to agree on that last point. They simply have a markedly different, more socialist, “you didn’t build that” frame of mind. On that we’ll just have to agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:09:12 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2018, 08:08:01 AM »
And that second point leads me to one more. It seems manifestly absurd and unfair to me to say that even if tax reform cost us something, we shouldn’t have allowed people to keep a little more of their own money just because our government can’t get a grip on its spending binge. This wasn’t a new entitlement redistributing people’s money to others. It’s their money.

Yep
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2018, 08:54:02 AM »
My god those walls of text are just amazing, so good to have you back bud.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2018, 08:55:08 AM »
My god those walls of text are just amazing, so good to have you back bud.

I don’t read any paragraph sized+ pit posts but I lmao in appreciation of having the ability to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2018, 09:26:22 AM »
Kdub is still a huge Trump fan is what I got from a quick browse... But says he isn't.

It's sad to see or friends throw away all their moral and political positions for this con man.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2018, 09:48:27 AM »

I appreciate your dedication to responding to this anonymous internet dweeb.  Having a different of opinion doesn't mean the other side is stupid, wrong....that position is why we are in the place we are in....nobody cares to make deals anymore, its just whatever "the other side" says is wrong.  If you are happy with what DJT and his administration have done to this point, I'm happy for you....it just seems you've abandoned your moral and political positions for a sack of coal....and some additional judges that the GOP leadership held open so that Kenyan couldn't fill them....that's not the type of government I want TBH.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
Kdub is still a huge Trump fan is what I got from a quick browse... But says he isn't.

It's sad to see or friends throw away all their moral and political positions for this con man.

All kdub cares about are taxes, judicial appointees and abortion.  2 out of 3 so far.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2018, 10:10:29 AM »

You don’t know that the tax cuts have made the country “less solvent.” Nobody does. Some very smart economists disagree on the exact “cost” of the tax reform, if any. It is a fact that in straight up nominal dollars, tax receipts increased by $14 billion in FY18 over FY17.  You can scoff at that and say “sure, but historically it should have increased by more.” And maybe you’re right. Or maybe not. Because we don’t actually know exactly how much impact the cuts had on boosting the economy.

Two things seem pretty clear, however. First, tax reform didn’t cost us anywhere near the price tag predicted by most experts, dynamically scores or otherwise. Second, our deficits continue to be driven mostly by the simple fact that spending continues to far outpace revenue either at the present or former level of taxation.

I guess I can’t expect liberals to agree on that last point. They simply have a markedly different, more socialist, “you didn’t build that” frame of mind. On that we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

W2'ers didn't build anything.