Author Topic: vegas  (Read 122981 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »
Speaking of steaks in vegas.  The only one I have eaten out was Delmonico but it was ridiculous. I had bone in ribeye.

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2011/1/19/142227/033/vegas-travel/Gnaw_On_This_Our_Top_5_Steakhouses

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: vegas
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
i went there myself, couldn't believe how expensive it was.  always get the bone in ribeye.  can't wait for march.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
i went there myself, couldn't believe how expensive it was.  always get the bone in ribeye.  can't wait for march.

Did you get the truffle fries?  amazing. 

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »
Speaking of steaks in vegas.  The only one I have eaten out was Delmonico but it was ridiculous. I had bone in ribeye.

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2011/1/19/142227/033/vegas-travel/Gnaw_On_This_Our_Top_5_Steakhouses
Delmonico is the definition of elite.

Get yourself a rack of lamb and a couple Chimays and you have an incredible evening in the making.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2011, 07:08:23 AM »
Delmonico is the only place I have ordered Scotch as dessert.  Felt big timey. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »
Delmonico is the only place I have ordered Scotch as dessert.  Felt big timey.  

i've done that a couple times too, fun stuff.  once was at a restaurant in beverly hills, the chef suggested a 25 yr scotch to which i said hell yes.  that's how i knew about it.

i went there myself, couldn't believe how expensive it was.  always get the bone in ribeye.  can't wait for march.

Did you get the truffle fries?  amazing.  
did not.  blanc  in omaha should be opening any time now, they serve truffle fries too, i'm not a huge fan of theirs so...

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
Sorry, meant truffle chips.  Try them next time.  Very good. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »
are they those kettle chips?  like super crunchy? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:55 AM »
are they those kettle chips?  like super crunchy? 

yeah

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2011, 09:14:42 PM »
Where can I find $5 blackjack tables with 3:2 payouts (weekdays). 

during the day you can find some. Try harrahs, it sucks but they have outside tables that are usually $5 and they keep the drinks coming and is right across the street from you.  The mirage will usually have some $10 tables set up during the day but I don't know that I've ever seen $5.  

Love that outdoor blackjack pit at harrahs, I can confirm they do have $5 tables. I also found some at tropicana last september on a friday night, they put out the $10 sign around 10.  They just remodeled the Tropicana about a year ago and it just nails the 80's coke influenced scarface look.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2011, 06:05:15 AM »

during the day you can find some. Try harrahs, it sucks but they have outside tables that are usually $5 and they keep the drinks coming and is right across the street from you.  The mirage will usually have some $10 tables set up during the day but I don't know that I've ever seen $5.  

Love that outdoor blackjack pit at harrahs, I can confirm they do have $5 tables. I also found some at tropicana last september on a friday night, they put out the $10 sign around 10.  They just remodeled the Tropicana about a year ago and it just nails the 80's coke influenced scarface look.

yeah, I heard the tropicana isn't bad now.  Have never been though.

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

yeah, I heard the tropicana isn't bad now.  Have never been though.
Summer before last when i went it was pretty gross. However, they remodeled since then and i've heard it's a lot nicer. Good place to gamble though. Low minimum blackjack tables.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
It's location sucks though.  I never go past the MGM on that side of the strip. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2011, 07:52:58 PM »
haven't been since vegaspak over a year ago  :frown:  need to go bad

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

I'm in this boat only going on 2 years :horrorsurprise: Find out next time Lou is playing there and plan a new VegasPak

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2011, 08:03:10 PM »

I'm in this boat only going on 2 years :horrorsurprise: Find out next time Lou is playing there and plan a new VegasPak

you want to go in march sometime?  thinking this could substitute for NCAA tourney trips I had planned on.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
I got this ridiculous harrahs thing because I guess I gambled enough last time I was there.  I can stay at Caesars for free march 13-16 free at PH or Paris pretty much all of march/april free.  weird deal because I don't play at big tables. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

you want to go in march sometime?  thinking this could substitute for NCAA tourney trips I had planned on.

a better call would be san diego in march. westin gaslamp and then this cute little hostel that seems to be quite the rage. thoughts?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »

I got a week of Vacation I have to burn before Mid-April.  Was thinking first week in April, but as long as its not March 21st week, I could prob swing March

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »

I got a week of Vacation I have to burn before Mid-April.  Was thinking first week in April, but as long as its not March 21st week, I could prob swing March

absolutely great news. i'll call that hostel place and gather some more info for all of us.  :cheese:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »

yeah, let's talk...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »

yeah, let's talk...

alright. i'll fring you and chicat threeway on the sprint evo after i get offline with some friends in la jolla. just tying up some loose ends for all of us.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Staying at the Vdara in City Center 3 nights in March.  Anyone stayed there?  I like the fact that the entire hotel is non-smoking and it's all suites. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
my friend stayed there in august (aout), said he loved it only drawback was that everything in city center wasn't open yet. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »
my friend stayed there in august (aout), said he loved it only drawback was that everything in city center wasn't open yet. 

cool