Author Topic: vegas  (Read 123165 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Vegas
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
Also, saul, did you choose The Mirage because it has a Carnegie Deli?  Seems like too much of a coincidence.  not-anit-semite
No, I did read about that though.  Won't eat there since it says it's like $20 per sandwich and sharing is extra.  

Chose Mirage b/c it seemed nice, centrally located, did ok in the Steve Dave ratings (in the vegassummerpak thread), and got a decent rate.

good reasons.  you should eat at some nice pricey places while you are there though.  pretty much the best thing about vegas is the amazing food imo.
Yeah, plan on it.  Any rec's?  Plan on spending lots of $$$ on food, moderate amount on gambling and shows.  

if you like sushi, sushi samba in the palazzo is greatness.

every big chef (mario, emeril, flay, etc) have steak houses in vegas, all good.
yeah, love sushi, any kind of ethnic food really.  More than steak houses and all that.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
sushi samba.  sushi samba.  sushi samba.  great.

agree w/ sd's bouchon recommendo, i went there in august.  it's french inspired though, and really expensive.

i'm kind of like you in that i don't usually go to steak houses when i'm out of KC just because we can get (imo) the best steak in the world here in kansas.

also of note: i'lll be returning to vegas for 3/17-3/20 for 1st round/2nd round games.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2011, 09:43:18 AM »
because we can get (imo) the best steak in the world here in kansas.

Where?

Fine to start a separate Kansas/KC steakhouses vs. Vegas steakhouses thread if necessary.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
sushi samba.  sushi samba.  sushi samba.  great.

agree w/ sd's bouchon recommendo, i went there in august.  it's french inspired though, and really expensive.

i'm kind of like you in that i don't usually go to steak houses when i'm out of KC just because we can get (imo) the best steak in the world here in kansas.

also of note: i'lll be returning to vegas for 3/17-3/20 for 1st round/2nd round games.
Very true about the steak thing.  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »

Where?

Fine to start a separate Kansas/KC steakhouses vs. Vegas steakhouses thread if necessary.
i don't know the wichita area but there are steakhouses across ks that serve steaks that can go up against anything you'd have in vegas/LA.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2011, 09:59:56 AM »

Where?

i don't know the wichita area but there are steakhouses across ks that serve steaks that can go up against anything you'd have in vegas/LA.

Such as....

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »

didn't you call me and tell me that you and all your friends were coming to Omaha for Lady Gaga on the 17th?  Yes, you did.  I was all, "First round of the NCAA you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)" and you were all, "No, gaga, we are all going". 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:52 AM »

Where?

Such as....
do you know what they serve in steakhouses in LV?  dry aged prime cuts of beef.  that's it.  oh- and a baked potato or some other variant of a starch.  it's really not all that difficult.  i've eaten at places in western ks that served prime cuts of beef that were raised and slaughtered and aged in the same town.  no i don't know the name.

in kc you can go to plaza 3 or capital grille and you'll be eating the same crap they serve at carnevino, prime, charlie palmer, and cut.  

didn't you call me and tell me that you and all your friends were coming to Omaha for Lady Gaga on the 17th?  Yes, you did.  I was all, "First round of the NCAA you Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)" and you were all, "No, gaga, we are all going". 
ya i think that did happen.  but then vegas first round of games/st patty's day happened.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »

also, good chance La Familia SD is in Vegas 3/31-4/??

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »
in kc you can go to plaza 3 or capital grille and you'll be eating the same crap they serve at carnevino, prime, charlie palmer, and cut. 

We all ordered what we were told was the best steak CG had, and it wasn't nearly as good as Vegas places.  CG was pretty weird too for a "fine steakhouse".  Dudes were rolling around on the floor and crap.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »
I've never had a really great steak in KS or NE (both reputed to be elite steak states by their respective townies).  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »

We all ordered what we were told was the best steak CG had, and it wasn't nearly as good as Vegas places.  CG was pretty weird too for a "fine steakhouse".  Dudes were rolling around on the floor and crap.
ya not sure.    it's just meat. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2011, 10:52:59 AM »

ya not sure.    it's just meat. 

Even though it's just meat, pretty sure I'd rather have a pissclams offering than a chicat/pike/whoeverelsetalksBGE attempt.  You know?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Kobe steak, from Japan. :fatty:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »
Going for my 5th time in late may for a bachelor party, most likely over Memorial day weekend. Anyone been that weekend?

I'm guessing its a little busier than normal and the hotels might be more expensive but really have no idea.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »
Going for my 5th time in late may for a bachelor party, most likely over Memorial day weekend. Anyone been that weekend?

I'm guessing its a little busier than normal and the hotels might be more expensive but really have no idea.

you guessed right

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »
Every time I have been to Vegas in the spring time (March) it ends up being colder than it is that day in KS. I have had bad Vegas luck.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »
Every time I have been to Vegas in the spring time (March) it ends up being colder than it is that day in KS. I have had bad Vegas luck.

well, it's not really hot in vegas in march.  I think you just have bad knowing about vegas weather knowledge.  Lots of dumbasses think it's hot in vegas.  It's hot in vegas about 4 months out of the year.  

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
Where can I find $5 blackjack tables with 3:2 payouts (weekdays). 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2011, 08:06:44 AM »

saul when i was in vegas in august it was hard to find a table under $25, so good luck w/ that.  i was at the north end of the strip though and have heard that there is some less expensive tables towards the other end.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »

during the day you can find some. Try harrahs, it sucks but they have outside tables that are usually $5 and they keep the drinks coming and is right across the street from you.  The mirage will usually have some $10 tables set up during the day but I don't know that I've ever seen $5.  

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »
O'sheas?  :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2011, 08:17:45 AM »

there's no way in hell that saul goes into o'sheas :lol:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »

there's no way in hell that saul goes into o'sheas :lol:
BZZZZZZZZZZZT, wrong.  Already got that on the itinerary.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:43 AM »
oh no.  damn.  good luck.