Author Topic: I like Pelosi. Not sorry.  (Read 47874 times)

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: I like Pelosi. Not sorry.
« Reply #901 on: November 04, 2022, 09:53:30 PM »
Came across this piece yesterday and most down along the border would not think that. Curious on your take, as it is way out of my wheelhouse.

as long as we:  1) remain an attractive destination for immigrants, 2) don't offer any legal way for residents of many countries to enter the country and 3) offer ways for people that enter the country without authorization to remain in the country we are going to see people trying to enter the country along our land borders.  as the passage points out, title 42 greatly exacerbates this problem because it allows us authorities to expel individuals apprehended in the u.s. to mexico without any legal proceeding against them.  this essentially provides prospective migrants the opportunity and incentive to try repeated crossings until they finally succeed.

imo, of the three conditions i outlined above it makes the most sense to change the second one because immigrants make us a richer, stronger and happier country while making our country unattractive to immigrants would entail making the united states a worse country for all of us current citizens and residents to live in and trying to rigorously locate and expel persons illegally residing in the u.s. would entail unappealing restrictions on all of our freedoms, would at least temporarily decimate our economy and would inflict needless cruelty on millions of people productively living in the united states and many of their citizen and legal resident family members.

thanks for the response. Seems to me if they really want to solve the problems, it will take a crap ton of money to come up with a viable plan. Their hand may be forced soon.

and I agree, it was a good article.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 05, 2022, 05:54:51 AM »
I thought the article overall was nothing new or insightful and it didn't offer any real solutions other than ignore trans rights and abortion and be pro cop and don't say "Latinx"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 05, 2022, 08:07:56 AM »
I thought the article overall was nothing new or insightful and it didn't offer any real solutions other than ignore trans rights and abortion and be pro cop and don't say "Latinx"
You know you’re woke af when this is your take on immigration.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 05, 2022, 08:29:02 AM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 05, 2022, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 05, 2022, 11:01:40 AM »
Did you read the article? It was all about Dem failures with Latinos in general and immigration was just a small part of it. I suppose another thing they could do is visit Del Rio. :dunno:

It was also interesting that they didn't quote the gay Del Rio mayor if he thought Dems should cool it with the LGBT talk.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 05, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »
Came across this piece yesterday and most down along the border would not think that. Curious on your take, as it is way out of my wheelhouse.

as long as we:  1) remain an attractive destination for immigrants, 2) don't offer any legal way for residents of many countries to enter the country and 3) offer ways for people that enter the country without authorization to remain in the country we are going to see people trying to enter the country along our land borders.  as the passage points out, title 42 greatly exacerbates this problem because it allows us authorities to expel individuals apprehended in the u.s. to mexico without any legal proceeding against them.  this essentially provides prospective migrants the opportunity and incentive to try repeated crossings until they finally succeed.

imo, of the three conditions i outlined above it makes the most sense to change the second one because immigrants make us a richer, stronger and happier country while making our country unattractive to immigrants would entail making the united states a worse country for all of us current citizens and residents to live in and trying to rigorously locate and expel persons illegally residing in the u.s. would entail unappealing restrictions on all of our freedoms, would at least temporarily decimate our economy and would inflict needless cruelty on millions of people productively living in the united states and many of their citizen and legal resident family members.

thanks for the response. Seems to me if they really want to solve the problems, it will take a crap ton of money to come up with a viable plan. Their hand may be forced soon.

and I agree, it was a good article.

Not really. Opening up the border would save a ton of money on enforcement and would also boost GDP, increasing tax revenue.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like Pelosi. Not sorry.
« Reply #908 on: November 06, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »
It would really help the cartels already very copious bottom line, and likely allow them to expand their mass grave making and filling Northward.

Looking forward to reading about the firefights with the cartels in Tucson.

Good call SC.

Also congrats to the Chinese drug component suppliers, money launders and to President Xi 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 06, 2022, 12:13:23 PM »
Dax do we have any prelim figures on how many children died from fentanyl laced Halloween candy? Ballpark estimate is fine. Just curious if we’re talking tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands (sorry but I’m going to need some really good evidence before I believe trick or treat related overdose deaths are numbering in the millions upon millions)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 06, 2022, 12:15:25 PM »
Dax do we have any prelim figures on how many children died from fentanyl laced Halloween candy? Ballpark estimate is fine. Just curious if we’re talking tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands (sorry but I’m going to need some really good evidence before I believe trick or treat related overdose deaths are numbering in the millions upon millions)

:D

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 06, 2022, 12:30:40 PM »
agree that ukranians should secure their borders to prevent mass graves.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2022, 08:52:08 AM »
It's just so hard to get the story right . . .

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 17, 2022, 12:46:31 PM »
The first crack in the gerontocracy's grip on our great nation:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1593295899790376962?s=20&t=9uxgFAX1B1lCVYLcsr_G5g

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 17, 2022, 12:48:28 PM »
Hopefully Chuck is next.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 17, 2022, 12:49:26 PM »
Hopefully Chuck is next.

Take this to the common ground thread, dax.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 17, 2022, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 17, 2022, 04:16:07 PM »
goodbye to the vote goat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 17, 2022, 04:32:49 PM »
goodbye to the vote goat.
Went out on top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 17, 2022, 04:39:13 PM »
still the stonk goat

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 17, 2022, 05:04:54 PM »
Good for her. We got your back Nancy!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 17, 2022, 05:38:06 PM »
#blueanon; Easily amused

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 17, 2022, 06:08:40 PM »
#blueanon; Easily amused
As someone who advocates for honesty in politics, I genuinely appreciate that she made the clarification.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 17, 2022, 06:55:21 PM »

as long as we:  1) remain an attractive destination for immigrants, 2) don't offer any legal way for residents of many countries to enter the country and 3) offer ways for people that enter the country without authorization to remain in the country we are going to see people trying to enter the country along our land borders. as the passage points out, title 42 greatly exacerbates this problem because it allows us authorities to expel individuals apprehended in the u.s. to mexico without any legal proceeding against them.  this essentially provides prospective migrants the opportunity and incentive to try repeated crossings until they finally succeed.

Been harping that for a while, it's exceedingly true. We've basically created an immigration system designed to fail, and then get pissed when it fails. It's horrendous
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla