Author Topic: Mental Health  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Mental Health
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 04:10:57 PM »
Been a rough week for my fam. My moms boss committed suicide on Sunday and my mom walked into the scene. She's been very close with that family forever and had to be the one to tell them. My mom is also going through chemo, as they recently found her cancer was back over a few months ago and has felt like complete ass. Sucks!

Her boss has been in our lives for over 20 years. It's a small private practice. He was going through a lot, but I won't get into all of that stuff, but now my mom will probably have to seek employment while she goes through all of this as well. Just doesn't seem fair. Wish I could do more. Life, man. Anyways, friendly reminder to go see someone if things ever get dark.

Thanks for the reality check. Sorry for giving you crap in other threads. Know that I'm still your man, and I'm here for you if you need me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 04:13:52 PM »
It's all good, my man.  :cheers: It was well deserved. Just letting off some steam. Work has been crazy lately too. A lot of changes. I just feel for my mom. The women can't catch a break and she's like the nicest person I know.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 04:25:29 PM »
Feel for your mom for sure Wacky!  Way to be a good son and there for her!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2022, 04:43:51 PM »
Been a rough week for my fam. My moms boss committed suicide on Sunday and my mom walked into the scene. She's been very close with that family forever and had to be the one to tell them. My mom is also going through chemo, as they recently found her cancer was back over a few months ago and has felt like complete ass. Sucks!

Her boss has been in our lives for over 20 years. It's a small private practice. He was going through a lot, but I won't get into all of that stuff, but now my mom will probably have to seek employment while she goes through all of this as well. Just doesn't seem fair. Wish I could do more. Life, man. Anyways, friendly reminder to go see someone if things ever get dark.

T's & P's irl bud.  Take your mom to lunch this weekend.  just you 2 (and lil wack of course)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2022, 05:08:51 PM »
Will do. Thanks, brother!

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2022, 05:15:22 PM »
Genuinely sorry to hear this man.

Hope your mom is well.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2022, 01:50:08 PM »
Jesus that's awful and a truly traumatizing event for your mom.  I hope she seeks help if needed!  Sorry man.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2022, 02:02:52 PM »
Sorry to hear - I'm sure you'll try to help your mom with the burden however you can but make sure you have your own outlets to look after yourself as well.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2022, 04:23:12 PM »
Good stuff, friends. I appreciate the support. Definitely trying to do both.  :thumbsup:

Offline JasiahStafford

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2022, 07:28:44 PM »
You should change the sphere of activity on your days off. Take up a hobby that will distract you from all your current problems and difficulties. You can paint, play sports, or just spend time with friends. If you are new to sports, you may need supplements to help your muscles cope with the strain.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2022, 07:42:05 PM »
You should change the sphere of activity on your days off. Take up a hobby that will distract you from all your current problems and difficulties. You can paint, play sports, or just spend time with friends. If you are new to sports, you may need supplements to help your muscles cope with the strain.
JasiahStafford-

Thank you for the suggestion! Which supplements should I be taking?