Author Topic: Coaching Staff - might as well get this started...  (Read 72700 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Staff - might as well get this started...
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »
i love how this staff is coming together so far.  perfect mix of white guys who can x and o their balls off.
but it's not just about the x's and o's, we will need the jimmys and the joes, and thats where the black guys come in.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
I reckon we need approximately 3 African American d-line coaches and then we would be set with recruiters
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
We can be critical of the phrasing of our fellow poster. However our whiteness is noticed by others in p5 ranks.

Seriously guys. I'm not gEing here. My P5 staff buddy constantly criticizes KSU recruiting staff as too white. Will always be hindered because of it. No, he's not white.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »
We can be critical of the phrasing of our fellow poster. However our whiteness is noticed by others in p5 ranks.

Seriously guys. I'm not gEing here. My P5 staff buddy constantly criticizes KSU recruiting staff as too white. Will always be hindered because of it. No, he's not white.

I definitely criticized Bill for never having a black coordinator before Coleman this season. IMO all CFB staffs are too white, I honestly didn't realize KSU was significantly whiter but am not surprised.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »

I definitely criticized Bill for never having a black coordinator before Coleman this season. IMO all CFB staffs are too white, I honestly didn't realize KSU was significantly whiter but am not surprised.
i want Coleman to stay.....
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
lakesbison who landed all those florida kids on your roster?

Offline dontfeedthebear

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »
Did I miss the Sean bomb?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2018, 12:24:32 PM »
Did I miss the Sean bomb?

It was fake news
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »

He was an early favorite to stay per my friend. Not so sure now.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »
Here is a somewhat random guess at a staff that are currently at KSU or have a connection with Kly:

DE / Co-DC: Blake Seiler
DT: Jamar Cain - Currently at Fresno St
LB / Co-DC: Scottie Hazelton - currently at Wyoming
DB / RC: Norwood
Defensive QC: Buddha Williams - Currently at NDSU

OL / OC: Tim Polasek - Currently at Iowa
RB: Kenni Burns - Currently at Minnesota
TE: Klein
WR: Jason Ray - Currently at NDSU
QB: Randy Herdberg - Currently at NDSU
Offensive QC: Courtney Messingham - Currently at NDSU (I doubt he would take this)

Special Teams: Atif Austin - Currently at NE Patriots (an assistant position coach)

Football AD BS job: Sean

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »
I reckon we need approximately 3 African American d-line coaches and then we would be set with recruiters
I'm good with that. sounds perfect.
Klei lets get on it
The top DL recruits TEND to come from the south. We need coaches who know the south. its just that simple
its not biased. its facts
my hispanic buddy is in sales down in south texas and just tears it up because all the customers are hispanic too. doesn't always work but kids are hesitant to move to unknown places and some familiarity and comfortable relationships help ease the thoughts of moving away from home

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
Here is a somewhat random guess at a staff that are currently at KSU or have a connection with Kly:

Offensive QC: Courtney Messingham - Currently at NDSU (I doubt he would take this)

Special Teams: Atif Austin - Currently at NE Patriots (an assistant position coach)

Well, I think your existing K-State names are accurate, with the exception of SS if he sticks around (as opposed to joining Mack Brown's team as STC). I think the logical piece is for him to be an AD role of some sort, but his "I want to be the next coach" stint implies that's his desire to stay on the coaching side in some capacity.

But I think we'll see more from NDSU than your list above. CR, for example, I bet is likely.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »

Well, I think your existing K-State names are accurate, with the exception of SS if he sticks around (as opposed to joining Mack Brown's team as STC). I think the logical piece is for him to be an AD role of some sort, but his "I want to be the next coach" stint implies that's his desire to stay on the coaching side in some capacity.

But I think we'll see more from NDSU than your list above. CR, for example, I bet is likely.

what logic would dictate delegating one of the top special teams coaches in the country to an administration position?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »
See my sig clams.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
Pre-2018 Sean Snyder = One of the best Special teams coaches in the country
2018 Sean Snyder = terrible

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 17, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
his body of work would allow for any rational cat fan to dismiss the irregularity

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 17, 2018, 02:12:51 PM »
Pre-2018 Sean Snyder = One of the best Special teams coaches in the country
2018 Sean Snyder = terrible

@pissclams: oh, I'd be content to see him stay as STC. There's no doubt in my mind that he's the top STC in the country, and was likely distracted last year with other program stuff. And for me, the fact that he made it through the Prince years indicates he can do so for a non-dad coach without much problem.

But it's also logical to want to cut that tie on the sidelines, and that means SS goes to an AD role of some sort (which he did fine for years) or goes to another program. If he really wants to be a Head Coach himself someday--and not just at K-State--he's unlikely to want to leave the sidelines, and more likely to want to move to another program. Mack Brown provides as soft a landing spot as you could want if your last name is "Snyder."

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »
I want a big Pacific Islander D Line coach that can teach all our guys to do a Haka pre game

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »
I want a big Pacific Islander D Line coach that can teach all our guys to do a Haka pre game

*spits beer*

Man, do that in time to Wabash with the crowd? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
i love how this staff is coming together so far.  perfect mix of white guys who can x and o their balls off.
but it's not just about the x's and o's, we will need the jimmys and the joes, and thats where the black guys come in.

Openly mocking Rusty.   :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »
I'm good with that. sounds perfect.
Klei lets get on it
The top DL recruits TEND to come from the south. We need coaches who know the south. its just that simple
its not biased. its facts
my hispanic buddy is in sales down in south texas and just tears it up because all the customers are hispanic too. doesn't always work but kids are hesitant to move to unknown places and some familiarity and comfortable relationships help ease the thoughts of moving away from home

I think you're on to something here.  We not only need a few black coaching/recruiting go getters, but add in a few Hispanics and Salmonions.  Lets make the recruits feel like family.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2018, 02:31:07 AM »

We were never too white, well not any whiter than anyone else. We had 4 black assistant coaches on Snyder's last staff, there aren't too many P5 schools with more.

Also is your friend confusing Coleman with Norwood? I don't believe Coleman has done any recruiting since Bill left, Norwood has. Tell your P5 friend to focus more on his staff, he's got us mumped up.

The conversation about minority assistants needs to be divorced from recruiting talk. It's offensive that we, or any other staff, need black coaches to help with recruiting. As if black people can only relate to and be comfortable with other black people. The best recruiter in America is Nick Saban and it's not because he comes in and slams down a bunch of rings, he doesn't do that. The stories of him making connections with the kids and their families is awesome. Find his electric slide video.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »

We were never too white, well not any whiter than anyone else. We had 4 black assistant coaches on Snyder's last staff, there aren't too many P5 schools with more.

Also is your friend confusing Coleman with Norwood? I don't believe Coleman has done any recruiting since Bill left, Norwood has. Tell your P5 friend to focus more on his staff, he's got us mumped up.

The conversation about minority assistants needs to be divorced from recruiting talk. It's offensive that we, or any other staff, need black coaches to help with recruiting. As if black people can only relate to and be comfortable with other black people. The best recruiter in America is Nick Saban and it's not because he comes in and slams down a bunch of rings, he doesn't do that. The stories of him making connections with the kids and their families is awesome. Find his electric slide video.
Well said

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »

Alabama, incidentally, has 3 black assistants...