Author Topic: Coaching Staff - might as well get this started...  (Read 72623 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Staff - might as well get this started...
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
hi folks and welcome to this week's "let's roll wildcats to purple with bo pelini", i'm your host, bo pelini

:love:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's roll already BO!

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Ekeler to KU as ST coordinator

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »

is this known piece of garbage Crash Ekeler?

Offline Church Creeper

• Fan
  • Help me get rid of it by sniffing it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »

is this known piece of garbage Crash Ekeler?

Yes it's Mike. Piece of Garbage?

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »
As long as Bo and Carl leave some coke available for the team I'm all for bringing those lunatics on board.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2018, 04:21:37 PM »
As long as Bo and Carl leave some coke available for the team I'm all for bringing those lunatics on board.

Snort the dang line
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2018, 04:41:29 PM »
I suggested Bo as a head coach for KU a while back and I'm glad they didn't hire him so we can!

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2018, 05:08:44 PM »

Snort the dang line

Has anyone written Gene to let him know that goEMAW's official position on his hiring of the North Fargo Junior College coach to replace Snyder will improve dramatically with these hires?  I feel that he's waiting to hear from you guys.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
We just need Klieman to hire a dream staff full of guys who hate Snyder. Championships will follow. Hate motivation works.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
We just need Klieman to hire a dream staff full of guys who hate Snyder. Championships will follow. Hate motivation works.
Paging Glenn Mason & Gary Pinkel.  :Wha:
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2018, 08:42:03 PM »
I wonder if Mrs Larry Smith is still alive

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2018, 10:50:36 PM »

Rusty's fascination with Klein and the quarterbacks is confounding, for about half a dozen reasons.

Huh

Haven't you posted something similar about Klein and the QBs more than once?

Maybe??? :dunno:

I definitely have posted about our QB's not being very good (should be uncontroversial) and accused someone of being racist when they suggested Klein should be in the booth calling plays and Coleman should be on the sideline being emotional. I also may have posted that Klein's history as a player does not make him a better coach. (I've certainly thought it regardless)

Whatever you think about our quarterbacks, I'm not sure how you can attribute any of it to Klein. You're not going to get any development when the offense requires the QB to have 20 car wrecks every game. The last quarterback to play for LHC Bill Snyder that didn't end the year hurt was Carson Coffman. Even in the two best QB years since Klein left, Waters in '14 and Sisco in '16, were had with those dudes being injured.

That's definitely fair. Does Coleman get a pass for lackluster WR play and attrition as well?

If you believe the rumors that he's the reason for the attrition, no he doesn't get a pass. I do like him as a play caller though. He got a lot better with the experience of the season. He called damn near perfect games against Tech and ISU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »
I think the OCs are at least partially responsible for the 20 car wrecks a game.

Coleman, yes, he's the play caller. That doesn't have anything to do with Klein developing QBs though.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2018, 12:02:27 AM »
Paging Glenn Mason & Gary Pinkel.  :Wha:

Could you believe that?!?!

Pinkle as OC (wouldn't actually want)
Pelini as DC (actually want to be KSU's DC -- not happening)

And if KSU got good quick those two taking down a natty, and just rough ridin' loving every minute of Snyder's rage as they accomplish more than he ever did in the rough ridin' stadium that has his name on it. Not as head coach of course.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2018, 07:58:57 AM »
A few non-NDSU / non-Wyoming names to follow:

Kenni Burns- RB coach at Minnesota, coached receivers for NDSU 2010-2013, https://gophersports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=144&path=football

Atif Austin - Assistant coach for the Patriots, coached receivers and special team for NDSU 2014-2016, https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/05/22/former-tarpon-springs-great-atif-austin-joins-new-england-patriots-staff/

Jamar Can - Defensive line coach at Fresno State, coached DL for NDSU 2014-2015, https://gobulldogs.com/news/2017/3/23/football-jamar-cain-named-defensive-line-coach.aspx

Tim Polasek - Offensive line coach at Iowa, former RB / Offensive Coordinator at NDSU 2014-2016, https://hawkeyesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1700&path=football

I am sure there are many more, Kly has been around for some time and has had good coaches leave.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kly kept Klein, Seiler and Norwood and mixed in 4(ish) of his current coaches as his first announcements.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »

Kenni Burns- RB coach at Minnesota, coached receivers for NDSU 2010-2013, https://gophersports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=144&path=football

Atif Austin - Assistant coach for the Patriots, coached receivers and special team for NDSU 2014-2016, https://www.tampabay.com/sports/high-schools/2018/05/22/former-tarpon-springs-great-atif-austin-joins-new-england-patriots-staff/

Jamar Can - Defensive line coach at Fresno State, coached DL for NDSU 2014-2015, https://gobulldogs.com/news/2017/3/23/football-jamar-cain-named-defensive-line-coach.aspx

Tim Polasek - Offensive line coach at Iowa, former RB / Offensive Coordinator at NDSU 2014-2016, https://hawkeyesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1700&path=football

I am sure there are many more, Kly has been around for some time and has had good coaches leave.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Kly kept Klein, Seiler and Norwood and mixed in 4(ish) of his current coaches as his first announcements.
i don't know much about norwood but he certainly doesn't seem to be moving the needle at all in recruiting. playing in the b12 we need top flight DBs and i haven't seen anything to make me believe Norwood is capable of attracting top DBs. He's just more of the same.
someone to hold the place. Our secondary is dreadful and devoid of talent.
i don't like the motto of hiring solid fb coaches. We need to hire some of the best recruiters in the country. period

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »

i don't know much about norwood but he certainly doesn't seem to be moving the needle at all in recruiting. playing in the b12 we need top flight DBs and i haven't seen anything to make me believe Norwood is capable of attracting top DBs. He's just more of the same.
someone to hold the place. Our secondary is dreadful and devoid of talent.
i don't like the motto of hiring solid fb coaches. We need to hire some of the best recruiters in the country. period
Best recruiters like David Beatty?

He’s a WR coach dumbass

Offline kearneymen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
Recruiting to me is an separate, but important game.  Obviously you need the name and contacts to get into doors.  Seiler has hit the road hard for us, Klein has the right name for this area and Norwood has recruited OK and Texas for years.

All of that said, despite 20 less scholarships and all of the disadvantages of recruiting to Fargo, Kly has put together a team that could beat KSUs team (probably also KU, Baylor, Tech and maybe TCU).  So, I don’t think it it is fair to say that he can’t recruit.  He is clearly getting good talent and building them up.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:45:45 AM by kearneymen »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »
Pretty sure we can conclude Seiler and Klein are both on staff after today. (see twitter)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
If we keep this co-coordinator BS I'll be very disappointed in new CK
:adios:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »
Pretty sure we can conclude Seiler and Klein are both on staff after today. (see twitter)

https://twitter.com/spedbraet/status/1074046178650673153?s=21

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
what are we hearing on sean, boys.  what's going on with sean?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2018, 10:12:51 AM »
will we have an all white staff? sure seems its going to be close to that
we need more diversity to give us a wider umbrella to recruit from
i hope theres more strategy than just who do i know thats a good x and o guy

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2018, 10:46:55 AM »
will we have an all white staff? sure seems its going to be close to that
we need more diversity to give us a wider umbrella to recruit from
i hope theres more strategy than just who do i know thats a good x and o guy
Are you implying white coaches are better at X's and O's and black coaches are just there for recruiting a "wider umbrella"? What a piece of crap take.

Also in the press conference he specifically mentioned wanting to hire coaches with recruiting connections in Texas. So he's not just looking to hire buddies for X's and O's. If he hires an all white staff he should be fired for a multitude of reasons. (He won't hire an all-white staff)