Author Topic: i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down  (Read 37497 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:28:59 PM »
i can't believe the enthusiasm for this guy. he "turns around" north texas by beating a bunch of bad teams, he runs an offense that is a lesser version of the ones already ran by better big 12 teams (aka every other team), he got outcoached often by first-year CUSA coaches, his team underachieved expectations - sometimes massively - in almost every game it played in october and november down the stretch, and suddenly gene and k-state are tripping all over themselves to hire him?

bill clark, an actual good coach, destroyed LittreLL's UNT team with a program that literally didn't exist when LittreLL began his rebuild.

ya gotta feel for LHC Bill Snyder. he spent most of the last three decades to build up this program, and now ya'll are just gonna turn it over to the north texas coach who can barely beat UTEP and UTSA. pretty sad to watch this happen.

i liked the kansas hire way better. sometimes Les really is more.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: i give LittreLL 2 thumbs down
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »
Don’t confuse enthusiasm for Pete as enthusiasm for LittreLL.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »
But have you seen him though?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
I think _fan’s shopped pics in KSU gear is what made me firmly team LittreLL.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
  • Don't you want nice things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
i can't believe the enthusiasm for this guy. he "turns around" north texas by beating a bunch of bad teams, he runs an offense that is a lesser version of the ones already ran by better big 12 teams (aka every other team), he got outcoached often by first-year CUSA coaches, his team underachieved expectations - sometimes massively - in almost every game it played in october and november down the stretch, and suddenly gene and k-state are tripping all over themselves to hire him?

bill clark, an actual good coach, destroyed LittreLL's UNT team with a program that literally didn't exist when LittreLL began his rebuild.

ya gotta feel for LHC LHC Bill Snyder. he spent most of the last three decades to build up this program, and now ya'll are just gonna turn it over to the north texas coach who can barely beat UTEP and UTSA. pretty sad to watch this happen.

Cute. "Les is more." Very cute. Yep, that's a good hire for a crap program that needs to simply build enthusiasm and lay some foundation for a coaching hire in 2-3 years.

But even IF your comments about LittreLL weren't simplistic and demonstrating a shallow evaluation of him as a candidate.....we've got an opening NOW. Not next year. Who do you think is a realistic and positive hire that's better? Easy to cast stones. Give us a name you think is an option.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
But have you seen him though?

yeah, he looks like a physically fit rob cassidy.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 06:40:54 PM »
:lol:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »

ya gotta feel for LHC LHC Bill Snyder. he spent most of the last three decades to build up this program, and now ya'll are just gonna turn it over to the north texas coach who can barely beat UTEP and UTSA. pretty sad to watch this happen.

Cute. "Les is more." Very cute. Yep, that's a good hire for a crap program that needs to simply build enthusiasm and lay some foundation for a coaching hire in 2-3 years.

But even IF your comments about LittreLL weren't simplistic and demonstrating a shallow evaluation of him as a candidate.....we've got an opening NOW. Not next year. Who do you think is a realistic and positive hire that's better? Easy to cast stones. Give us a name you think is an option.

what is simplistic about them?

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »

ya gotta feel for LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder. he spent most of the last three decades to build up this program, and now ya'll are just gonna turn it over to the north texas coach who can barely beat UTEP and UTSA. pretty sad to watch this happen.

what is simplistic about them?

It takes into NO account the total shitshow of a roster he took over, and how he developed it. It speaks zero to the big upsides to him: recruitment, player development, and offensive improvements at each stop in his coaching career. It's ONLY focused on results--which mind you, ARE important. Within context.

If your standard is "proven P5 HC results," which is what your post implies, then there's almost no names that are possible hires--and Snyder wasn't an option for you either. The ONLY possible name that fits that standard (and might be interested) is Mike Leach. And the only way he's coming here is if we rigged the opportunity to play Texas Tech 5 times a year, and him give each player a shiv in those games.

So again: who? Throw an acceptable, and realistically possible, name out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:55:36 PM by WadeRam »

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 06:53:15 PM »
NDSU program > north texas 9 times outta 10

but people would take this clown over Klieman at NDSU?

Carson Wentz >  ______??  do they have a nfl player even?
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »
It takes into NO account the total shitshow of a roster he took over, and how he developed it. It speaks zero to the big upsides to him: recruitment, player development, and offensive improvements at each stop in his coaching career. It's ONLY focused on results--which mind you, ARE important. Within context.

If your standard is "proven P5 HC results," which is what your post implies, then there's almost no names that are possible hires--and Snyder wasn't an option for you either. The ONLY possible name that fits that standard is Mike Leach. And the only way he's coming here is if we rigged the opportunity to play Texas Tech 5 times a year, and him give each player a shiv in those games.

dan mccarney took over a 'shitshow of a roster' at UNT and developed it into a 9-win team by year 3 that rated better than LittreLL's. improved recruiting is good but k-state will still take the field with an inferior roster in half of its league games each year.

LittreLL supposedly had one of the league's best rosters this year and kept turning in underwhelming outings against lesser teams. twice he was a 25-pt favorite and won by just a field goal. twice he lost as big favorites. he was -14 vs ODU and lost. he was -7 vs La Tech and lost.

enthusiasm for LittreLL being hired is enthusiasm for 8th place in the big 12 every year.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
NDSU program > north texas 9 times outta 10

but people would take this clown over Klieman at NDSU?

Carson Wentz >  ______??  do they have a nfl player even?

Uh....seriously?!? I hope you jest.

Klieman is a good coach. At NDSU. And he recruits Big 10 lite territory just fine. For D2 talent. The last wildly successful coach at NDSU is Bohls, who is now wildly mediocre at....Wyoming. Which was his recruiting territory. Unless your name is Tressel, you don't go from FBS to P5 with any success.

Even ADGT has said that Klieman's talents, and Bohl's, don't translate to a P5 school like K-State.

So let's at least be serious about names. We can have nice things.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
btw pete carroll would be my top target, followed by dick vermeil. if both of them say no i would try to pry herm edwards away from arizona state.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 07:05:12 PM »

If your standard is "proven P5 HC results," which is what your post implies, then there's almost no names that are possible hires--and Snyder wasn't an option for you either. The ONLY possible name that fits that standard is Mike Leach. And the only way he's coming here is if we rigged the opportunity to play Texas Tech 5 times a year, and him give each player a shiv in those games.

dan mccarney took over a 'shitshow of a roster' at UNT and developed it into a 9-win team by year 3 that rated better than LittreLL's. improved recruiting is good but k-state will still take the field with an inferior roster in half of its league games each year.

LittreLL supposedly had one of the league's best rosters this year and kept turning in underwhelming outings against lesser teams. twice he was a 25-pt favorite and won by just a field goal. twice he lost as big favorites. he was -14 vs ODU and lost. he was -7 vs La Tech and lost.

enthusiasm for LittreLL being hired is enthusiasm for 8th place in the big 12 every year.

Again, your humor is noted.

McCarney did get UNT better--just like you said--in year 3. And then grabbed the gasoline and a match, and burned the thing to the ground. Litrell's roster was vastly improved because he & his staff DEVELOPED players and RECRUITED better players. That wasn't Dan McCarney.

Your point about blowing leads is perfectly valid. Learning to step on the throat of your opponent when they're down is an opportunity...and the reason why a DC hire for him would be key.

So...a name?

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
btw pete carroll would be my top target, followed by dick vermeil. if both of them say no i would try to pry herm edwards away from arizona state.

:bang:

You're effing stoned. I said "realistic." Give me ONE place--ANY place--in the last 3 years that ANY of those names indicated they wanted to be at K-State or, hell, even in the Big 12.

But I'll play along. Let's assume we take 2 weeks and get a "no" from those 3 (as opposed to a *click* from those 3). Then who? Who is a REALISTIC hire and option?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:11:03 PM by WadeRam »

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 07:08:12 PM »

You're effing stoned.

what do you have against pete carroll? i'd love to know.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »

I think if we can gather the right material we can perform a Wicca ceremony to resurrect Vince Lombardi... he's my #1 candidate

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

You're effing stoned.

what do you have against pete carroll? i'd love to know.

[Full disclosure: I re-read my post, thought it was too harsh, and so edited it while you responded. Sorry if it was harsh.]

I don't have crap against Pete Carroll. It was nice to beat his pretty-boy teams. He's just not going from the NFL to K-State. To put it simply.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 07:15:42 PM »
i'm curious, what other schools are rumored to be targeting LittreLL?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 07:16:15 PM »
Ohio State
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 07:17:45 PM »
Vince Lombardi probably couldn’t even get to a bowl game by year 5.

Offline WadeRam

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »

Our biggest threat is OU if LR jumps to Cleveland. And he turned down a discussion with Kansas and Tech.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 07:21:17 PM »
Any "fan" not behind LittreLL is a Jayhawk.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 07:27:20 PM »

North Texas, for one.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 07:34:28 PM »

Our biggest threat is OU if LR jumps to Cleveland. And he turned down a discussion with Kansas and Tech.

where was it reported he turned down talks with KU and TT? guess i missed that.