Author Topic: Official: New Uniforms Dream and Info Thread  (Read 27795 times)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Re: Official: New Uniforms Dream and Info Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »
I'd like to see "K-STATE" on the front of the jersey above the numbers.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:00 AM »
Can someone show me a single oversized logo'd helmet that even looks kind of good? Not just these K-State mock ups, but of every team and every one ever made.

To me, the helmet w/ normal sized powercat is great. And the jerseys are fine for most games. The changes need to be in the color options with helmets, pants/socks/shoes, not so much the designs (but maybe for one home game like all black leather for Harley Day).

nicname has nailed it for the most part.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2018, 11:09:37 AM »
Gray on Gray

Traditional road w purp pants

I like the all grays.  What if the helmet stripe was just purple?  Instead of the traditional 3 stripe just one wide stripe.  I've always liked how Michigan State did this.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »
Gray on Gray

Traditional road w purp pants

I like the all grays.  What if the helmet stripe was just purple?  Instead of the traditional 3 stripe just one wide stripe.  I've always liked how Michigan State did this.

It would be cool for a true alternate or special uniform.

I'm not a fan of big changes to the regular uniform rotation, just want some more color options. Whatever the players like. I would like to have some more creative stuff like you and Stanimal made, but only on rare occasions. They need to be special and not become routine imo.

I really like your lavenders because they have a modern-yet classic feel. I'm a big fan of Northwestern'ss uniforms as well for the same reason.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »
I'm not a fan of big changes to the regular uniform rotation, just want some more color options. Whatever the players like. I would like to have some more creative stuff like you and Stanimal made, but only on rare occasions. They need to be special and not become routine imo.

I really like your lavenders because they have a modern-yet classic feel. I'm a big fan of Northwestern'ss uniforms as well for the same reason.

Yup, mix and match the color options of the traditional uniforms for 10 games.

Then have a special home/away uni set for one big home game and one big road game. Maybe do a different throwback for one game each year too.

Similar to what OU has done over the last several years (but with more color options on the tradition sets).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 04:02:22 PM »
I really hope we don't turn into one of those desperate, new uniforms every game, programs. It's cool for Oregon, that's their identity. I want us to have new uniforms we break out for big games. OSU wore those sweet 1988 throwbacks but they barely got traction because they are wearing something different every game. Pitt has it right, their alternate uniforms are the best in college football. Wear them once or twice a year so everyone loses their minds when you break out a fresh look.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2018, 04:04:12 PM »
MIR is right.

Offline surly

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »
those purple pants, um, prince had us in 'em.  looked nice.  just like washington. everyone wants to be udub, right?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2018, 04:26:44 PM »
I want us to have new uniforms we break out for big games.

I don't like making the opponent feel important.  Do them for things that are special games internally regardless of opponent - first game of the year, first conference game, thursday night game, etc.  Works especially well if the uniforms are throwback-ish and worn to commemorate something that happened from the time they're throwing back to.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
I really hope we don't turn into one of those desperate, new uniforms every game, programs. It's cool for Oregon, that's their identity. I want us to have new uniforms we break out for big games. OSU wore those sweet 1988 throwbacks but they barely got traction because they are wearing something different every game. Pitt has it right, their alternate uniforms are the best in college football. Wear them once or twice a year so everyone loses their minds when you break out a fresh look.

https://www.cjonline.com/sports/hawkzone/catzone/2017-10-18/trip-time-35-years-ago-k-state-football-stuffed-ku-under-portable

Sufficient motivation seemed to exist for the host Wildcats, but Kansas State coach Jim Dickey and equipment manager Shorty Kleinau decided another motivational ploy was in order.

When the Cats came into their locker room from pregame warmups, they were given new grey jerseys to wear.

“When we left the dressing room, I don’t think there was any question who would win the game,? said K-State quarterback Darrell Dickey. “We had that kind of attitude.?

Tom

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2018, 06:58:29 PM »
I am astounded that Shorty Klineau was there that long.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »

Agree! But what are your thoughts in mix and match color options!?!?!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »
:crossfingers:
lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hullabaloo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2018, 08:45:02 PM »
those purple pants, um, prince had us in 'em.  looked nice.  just like washington. everyone wants to be udub, right?

Those Prince purple pants were an absolute travesty.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2018, 09:02:37 PM »
I despise low contrast color combos like our gray bball jerseys with purple numbers it looks like crap. I like to be able to read numbers on jerseys.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:17 AM »

:buh-bye:

Offline Oyster_Trousers

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »

:buh-bye:

:love: the Shrine Bowl throwback jersey!
KU made the better hire....Miles is a sure fire grantee

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
 :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2018, 10:42:23 AM »

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
We can do tiger stripes too!

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2018, 04:35:18 PM »
Helmet instead of silver, all chrome.  Powercat shiny Purple with all black unis with shiny Purple lettering or purple top black bottoms.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
Helmet instead of silver, all chrome.  Powercat shiny Purple with all black unis with shiny Purple lettering or purple top black bottoms.

Maybe, except ditch the powercat and replace with the wildcat head we had at midfield in like 1988 that was 20 yards wide.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KatKing54

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2018, 07:05:47 PM »

Maybe, except ditch the powercat and replace with the wildcat head we had at midfield in like 1988 that was 20 yards wide.
I am down with that.  Just think all chrome helmets with shiny purple logo would be sweet.  Could go for a further throw back and go with letters.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2018, 09:57:49 PM »
We could probably shut this thread down.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.