Author Topic: official: WELCOME CHRIS KLIEMAN -KANSAS STATE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH  (Read 52332 times)

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: official: WELCOME CHRIS KLIEMAN -KANSAS STATE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »
Wait. LHCBS is no longer our coach?!

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
he is very north Dakota in being awkward and no one likes him

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
everyone got very excited about all the new things that any new coach would have done

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »
Klieman has clearly lost control of a substantial portion of the team, but also looks like he knows exactly what it takes to right the ship.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2019, 08:27:24 PM »
I'm scared he won't know how to handle all the the attitudes "there's I in Heisman" associated with our talent.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2019, 09:37:18 PM »
I like Klieman a lot. I also like Scottie Hazelton a lot. I basically love the defensive staff and am super meh about the offensive coaches.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2019, 11:49:15 PM »
So 4 months later...

how's the Klieman ERA?   

sorry us NDSU fans have been busy...  a National Championship visit to the White House, Basketball team Actually WON a NCAA big dance game, #1 Shot Put & Discus thrower in the country...... yawn...

They actually went to the WH? Gross, I hope our coach was not involved.

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2019, 05:58:55 AM »
Darnold Jaun Drumpf whose Grand-Father was pimp and AWOL from the German Army and his Daddie was a Kluxer is exactly who we need to help the Nazis and the Kluxers take over our country.

If there was some way to shoot this Treasonis Bastard in the forehead with paintballs until he actually told the truth.
"Trouble is Daarnold Jaun Drumpf cannot tell the truth no matter the questions asked.

People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2019, 07:02:56 AM »
I'm afraid we may need Snyder to come back and calm the waters
:adios:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2019, 07:07:31 AM »
Take it to the pit, grandpa.

Darnold Jaun Drumpf whose Grand-Father was pimp and AWOL from the German Army and his Daddie was a Kluxer is exactly who we need to help the Nazis and the Kluxers take over our country.

If there was some way to shoot this Treasonis Bastard in the forehead with paintballs until he actually told the truth.
"Trouble is Daarnold Jaun Drumpf cannot tell the truth no matter the questions asked.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »
Take it to the pit, grandpa.

Not sure even The Pit can handle this...

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2019, 10:29:29 PM »
I was in Kansas the other day and saw a billboard that said Win The Dang Day, so I guess you could say he's a complete embarrassment along with our equally North Dakota'y marketing department
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catbacker 73

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2019, 06:36:43 PM »
I remember what Katastrafee Snot Univ was when I'd come watch my players on Saturdays in Un-Manly-hat-on in the 70s.

after watching and rewatching many NDSU games and breaking down, frame by frame, https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2018/12/11/18135990/can-chris-klieman-duplicate-bison-dominance-at-kansas-state-north-dakota-state

I'm as excited as when HOFCBS took over KSU

Go Cats -- Win the D#MED Day.
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2020, 02:49:25 PM »
Well this is fun to hear. I truly believe in him. DLEW IM TRYING TO LIVEN THIS BOARD UP  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:

https://twitter.com/jlkurtz/status/1305942215743754249?s=20
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
I didn't know we were worried about him leaving us.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »

grumblings
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2020, 12:27:35 AM »

I know you only troll now but you'd have to be a goddamned fool to think he isn't going to be a candidate for other jobs. He's going to be tied to every Big 10 opening for the history of forever until he takes one or is fired.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2020, 08:21:11 AM »

I know you only troll now but you'd have to be a goddamned fool to think he isn't going to be a candidate for other jobs. He's going to be tied to every Big 10 opening for the history of forever until he takes one or is fired.
Because of what he did at NDSU and what he did here last year with a bunch kids he didn't recruit he will always be a target. Big 12 middle of the road school is no longer a place people really be like yeah I'll go there and actually commit to winning. I would even say the Big 10 is more desirable than the Big 12.  Klieman is special and will always be desirable. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying we aren't a desirable school, just after snyder finally retired it took a certain type of individual to sign on and fill his shoes.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2020, 08:46:28 AM »

So what’s the worry? That Snyder would take over?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »
Eh people don't get hired up from mid tier B12 schools very often. Matt Ruhle went to the NFL but who else? Obviously they flirt with other jobs to get raises but almost always get fired or stay. (I'm responding to Greg)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 16, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
Eh people don't get hired up from mid tier B12 schools very often. Matt Ruhle went to the NFL but who else? Obviously they flirt with other jobs to get raises but almost always get fired or stay. (I'm responding to Greg)
Ok valid point but you have to think of others who have left in recent memory? Kliff Kingsbury is another big one. Think of all of the assistants that leave and move on. Head coaches don't move AS often but you might be worried a bigger school will pick him up? If he can build something very nice where we have to reload once every three years. Can you imagine the offers? He could become a D coordinator at an SEC school or move to a school in the Big 10 if they really really needed a head coach. He can and I hope get to that caliber of coach. I just hope when he does get there that he stays at KSU.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 16, 2020, 10:47:48 AM »
Ok valid point but you have to think of others who have left in recent memory? Kliff Kingsbury is another big one. Think of all of the assistants that leave and move on. Head coaches don't move AS often but you might be worried a bigger school will pick him up? If he can build something very nice where we have to reload once every three years. Can you imagine the offers? He could become a D coordinator at an SEC school or move to a school in the Big 10 if they really really needed a head coach. He can and I hope get to that caliber of coach. I just hope when he does get there that he stays at KSU.

Kliff got fired! Klieman isn't going to a DC role and would probably only go to three Big 10 schools if they asked (PSU, Michigan, Ohio State) and those aren't jobs that open up very often and he might not be what they want. Maybe he'd go to NU or Iowa but probably not. :dunno:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »

Kliff got fired! Klieman isn't going to a DC role and would probably only go to three Big 10 schools if they asked (PSU, Michigan, Ohio State) and those aren't jobs that open up very often and he might not be what they want. Maybe he'd go to NU or Iowa but probably not. :dunno:
But Kliff is successful! The man hustled his way to his job. But if an SEC school needed a head coach? Would he go?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »
I think Iowa and Minnesota are the schools that would take/kli would leave for. This is based on nothing but my own intuition which is frequently extremely wrong.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »
I think Iowa and Minnesota are the schools that would take/kli would leave for. This is based on nothing but my own intuition which is frequently extremely wrong.

eh I suppose but that's not a common move coaches make. Iowa's had Ferentz forever but Minny's last two external hires came from the MAC and an NFL position coach came before them.

And think about the circumstances: I suppose PJ Fleck could build Minnesota into a powerhouse and leave for a top tier job but more than likely he leaves because he gets fired. And if CK is a decent coach he would have built KSU into a steady program that is probably in better shape than Minnesota. Probably not worth the risk to jump at that point.