Author Topic: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT  (Read 268076 times)

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW SOURCES: WHAT WE KNOW, WHEN WE KNOW IT
« Reply #1950 on: December 10, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Ian Boyd sure loves him some Klieman as a great fit for KSU.  :dunno:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 10, 2018, 05:11:50 PM »
It won't happen, but would be cool if Brown was HC and Klieman was DC since the wife of Brown's current DC (Vic Koenning) supposedly won't live outside of the south. Klieman could still probably double his salary in this scenario.

I've had this same thought...  This would be an amazing pull if it were even remotely possible, but I agree that it's HIGHLY unlikely.

bears are fast...

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 10, 2018, 05:19:51 PM »
It won't happen, but would be cool if Brown was HC and Klieman was DC since the wife of Brown's current DC (Vic Koenning) supposedly won't live outside of the south. Klieman could still probably double his salary in this scenario.

Been think/ saying this for awhile.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 10, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »
For reasons I can't explain, I went from hating the idea of Klieman in the worst way to almost believing he could be good. Probably some subconscious protection vehicle to prepare myself for the worst. I dunno, maybe it was MichCat

MichCat picked up the torch from j rake who made a good case even though he never really wanted Kleiman either. I’m warming to the idea as well, especially after realizing my three biggest reservations shouldn’t even be relevant considerations: (1) bad overall look, (2) Bohl failed, and (3) no one else really wants him.

I sort of agree with 1) but that goes away quickly

2) Klieman isn't Bohl, he made the program better with an entirely new staff. I'd argue it's at least as good as Bohl's straight up. Bohl also took a shittier job than KSU.

3) who the hell wanted Frank Martin? AD's at KSU's are scared shitless to try anything that isn't a SLTH and they generally all have their same mediocre boring results.

Also I have legitimately talked myself into thinking CK is the best non-BV hire. FCS straight to P5 coaches are rare, but like half of them in the 2000's were incredible (Harbaugh and Tressel), and the failures (London at UVA and Wulff at WSU) had far worse records than CK. I don't know if I'm missing others?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 10, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »

I've had this same thought...  This would be an amazing pull if it were even remotely possible, but I agree that it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Have felt like Leavitt would be the only HC candidate that this could be realistic with.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 10, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »
I don't understand what CK would learn from Neal Brown. How to manage a Sun Belt budget or lead a shitty Big 12 offense?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
I don't think its about what CK could learn from Brown...  However, IF.... and that's a HUGE IF somehow ADGT got Brown to take the HC gig and IF it somehow worked out that NB needed a DC, then our DC job would be an amazing entry into P5 ball for CK.

Assuming things worked out, CK could feasibly be a good HCIW for when Brown wanted to go to SEC.

This this like powerball type longshot crap, but fun to type out on a BBS.

:fatty:
bears are fast...

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 10, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »
I don't think its about what CK could learn from Brown...  However, IF.... and that's a HUGE IF somehow ADGT got Brown to take the HC gig and IF it somehow worked out that NB needed a DC, then our DC job would be an amazing entry into P5 ball for CK.

Assuming things worked out, CK could feasibly be a good HCIW for when Brown wanted to go to SEC.

Yup

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 10, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
other site post says announcement is imminent

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 10, 2018, 05:35:39 PM »
Imminent today?
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 10, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
Imminent today?

Yep... as in before 8pm

:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
bears are fast...

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 10, 2018, 05:42:11 PM »

VK has lived here before.  Unless he hated it or his wife's requirement is new, I don't see why location is an issue.  Maybe he didn't like it here though.  I think he was just before Cosh so I assume he wanted out more than Snyder wanted Cosh running anything.

His defense looks like it was pretty solid this year though. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 10, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
Any announcement needs to be postponed until tomorrow or 9pm pacific tonight at the earliest.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 10, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »

Yup
Trade job security for life to have a DC audition for a mid/ lower level big 12 school?

D'ohkay
titletown..lulz

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »
NDSU fans’ wet dream would be for CK to be the next KSU HC, but they will be pissed if he becomes the DC.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: December 10, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »
you could probably talk me into klieman if he kept the handful of good assistants from ksu the best ones from his staff and then announced a couple of shockingly awesome hires as additional assistants with the money we saved from hiring him.
klieman could lead and we would have a great group of assistants to go recruit.
but all that kind of depends on finding and hiring those wildcard assistants who would help turn recruiting upside down

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: December 10, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »
For reasons I can't explain, I went from hating the idea of Klieman in the worst way to almost believing he could be good. Probably some subconscious protection vehicle to prepare myself for the worst. I dunno, maybe it was MichCat

This is where I am as well.  I hate the idea of hiring him because it feels lazy, safe, unimaginative, just gettin the ole drink'n buddies back together again, etc.  I wanted to get excited again, but hiring this guy will leave those hopes unfulfilled.  The only reservation I have is that I am horrible at picking coaches.  I thought RichRod would do great at Michigan.  I thought Mangino was a terrible hire for KU.  I was concerned when KU hired Gill.  I thought A&M stealing Franchione away from Alabama was amazing and they would be tough to compete against.  This fact that I obviously can't evaluate a coach gives me pause.

Also going from young and somewhat exciting SL to old and absolutely non exciting CK is a KITN.  I mean....put these guys side by side, think you're getting SL and then shove CK out there.....I mean...come on.  Further, the more I think about it...all the leftover candidates we are supposedly looking at feel the same.  Gene whiffed on choice one and choice two.  In the end it's all just leftovers.

I'll go on record that in three years CK won't have 15 wins to his name.  That is probably what depresses me the most.  We are going to waste 3 years with this guy.    :frown: :frown:

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: December 10, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »
NDSU fans’ wet dream would be for CK to be the next KSU HC, but they will be pissed if he becomes the DC.

As stated before, this would be gloriously hilarious... Those podunk rubes clearly don't get that us P5 schools could easily pay 2-3x for a DC as what their HC is currently making.

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline Wildcat57

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »
"good first post" - steve dave

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: December 10, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
you could probably talk me into klieman if he kept the handful of good assistants from ksu the best ones from his staff and then announced a couple of shockingly awesome hires as additional assistants with the money we saved from hiring him.
but all that kind of depends on finding and hiring those wildcard assistants who would help turn recruiting upside down

Awesome assistants will cost more than we should be paying eff head. If he gets a contract for more than the 750k or whatever Beaty got the first year we are major dopes.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: December 10, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
Why do we want to keep our assistants? They've shown marked drop-off in on the field performance, and recruiting classes well below what they should be. If I was to keep any assistant it would probably be Sean, but I wouldn't because its time to move forward.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
bears are fast...

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »
CK doesn't know or have connections with awesome Assistants...he only has worked with FCS dorks.
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »
very economical decision. would I tell you not to buy a 2004 toyota camry?

of course i would not tell you not to buy a 2004 toyota camry.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: December 10, 2018, 06:01:29 PM »
That is rough ridin' pathetic
emaw