Author Topic: Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas  (Read 20917 times)

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dillion's Bowl brought to you by Sunflower Kansas
« Reply #325 on: November 27, 2022, 09:28:50 AM »
If I'm a KU fan, I'm livid at how Leipold handled that 4th quarter. That long ass drive when they showed absolutely no urgency, then the punt on the following drive was insane. Then after punt, he refused to use time outs as we ran the ball for 4 yards at a time. Someone needs to help me understand what the hell he was doing.

My theory is that he knew the only prayer they had of winning was to keep heavily utilizing Daniels in the run game and I think he might have been worried we were about to shatter him into a million pieces. And maybe he decided ya know I’m not quite ready to sacrifice my qb on the maybe 2% they’d pull it out

Yeah, their protections were starting to break down.  This was all about being healthy for their bowl game at that point.  They should be able to dominate whoever they get if they can go with the same starters as last night.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:37:34 AM by Woogy »

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 27, 2022, 10:19:49 AM »
They threw the kitchen sink at us in the first half. We played very vanilla on defense.

Their dline was stunting really hard and caring some problems. Led directly to the deuce screen.

After halftime depth and execution won out. They were out of plays and gassed the whole second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 27, 2022, 10:20:44 AM »
Leipold knew KU wasn't going to convert a 4th and long the way that JD was throwing balls into the dirt on that drive, so he probably figured KU would have a better chance of KSU muffing the punt and getting a big play on special teams to set up a score.  That's what I thought while watching it.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2022, 11:01:13 AM »
Total aside was Kade Warner not introduced with the rest of the seniors last night?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2022, 11:09:19 AM »
Total aside was Kade Warner not introduced with the rest of the seniors last night?

Tom

He did last year and didn’t want to do it again this year.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2022, 11:09:33 AM »

Tom

Maybe he had senior day last year and didn't want to double dip?

Offline BW

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2022, 11:10:06 AM »

Tom

He said earlier in the week that he walked last year, it was perfect, and didn't need to do it again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »
I couldn't help but browse the game thread and there was someone legitimately saying that if they hadn't muffed the punt and blown a coverage and returned a kickoff out of the end zone and gotten the hold in the end zone they would have been ahead instead of down 23-7

I am definitely heading over there to read that cause I'll be honest as that was going on I expected someone there was going to say that

They threw the kitchen sink at us in the first half. We played very vanilla on defense.

Their dline was stunting really hard and caring some problems. Led directly to the deuce screen.

After halftime depth and execution won out. They were out of plays and gassed the whole second half

The game more or less went how I thought it was except for a more surprising bigger lead for us, until ku got sorted out. They were probably going to fade given how much energy they expended
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2022, 11:31:11 AM »
We had 3 plays in the first half that shaped the entire game, and all three were their mistakes: 1) recovery if their muffed punt, 2) their broken coverage easy TD pass to our TE, and 3) the big pass to Knowles that setup another quick TD, which was probably another broken coverage.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 27, 2022, 11:45:08 AM »
I couldn't help but browse the game thread and there was someone legitimately saying that if they hadn't muffed the punt and blown a coverage and returned a kickoff out of the end zone and gotten the hold in the end zone they would have been ahead instead of down 23-7

I am definitely heading over there to read that cause I'll be honest as that was going on I expected someone there was going to say that

God, only 25 pages in, they got a handful of people that probably should be on no fly lists or backgrounded checked before buying a gun
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 27, 2022, 12:58:47 PM »
Yes,  Phogistan is raged up after a 14th straight loss to non rival K-State.

Liepold was Matt Campbell level psycho the first half.  Coping in the second.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 27, 2022, 01:01:47 PM »
That's great. :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 27, 2022, 01:18:25 PM »
That guy should post on gE
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 27, 2022, 01:23:36 PM »
To be fair, I’d rather be at home watching football vs being in shitty Memphis any day of the week.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2022, 01:28:58 PM »
Memphis is pretty cool.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2022, 01:35:01 PM »
It’s a dump, but to each their own. Beal St. is nice, but that stadium sucks and so does their bbq.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2022, 01:39:50 PM »
I would go just about anywhere to watch a bowl game if we hadn't been to one in 15 years. And they will probably be playing Missouri, which would be a lot of fun.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2022, 03:53:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/turnksu/status/1596930907646357509?s=46&t=602IL1tfHAWLAlkkTMQBZw

I read that thread. There is one poster over there, let's call him WackyHawk, who just won't shut up about how big of a shithole Memphis is, how unsafe it is (crime!), etc. Everyone is like, "We get it dude, you don't want to go to Memphis." And yet he just keeps going and going and going ...

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »
https://twitter.com/turnksu/status/1596930907646357509?s=46&t=602IL1tfHAWLAlkkTMQBZw

I read that thread. There is one poster over there, let's call him WackyHawk, who just won't shut up about how big of a shithole Memphis is, how unsafe it is (crime!), etc. Everyone is like, "We get it dude, you don't want to go to Memphis." And yet he just keeps going and going and going ...

I hope that’s not true bc that would be really sad

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 27, 2022, 04:40:53 PM »
Btw, how great was VJ Payne last night? Mason and Savage are out and Payne just comes in wrecking dudes like it's not big deal. Kid is only a freshman.

Van Malone has done a great job.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2022, 04:41:45 PM »
Safeties are Klanderman
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2022, 04:52:42 PM »
Safeties are Klanderman

Well rough ridin'-a right on the Klandyman too. Our DBs are just a bunch killers all around.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2022, 04:58:57 PM »
Safeties are Klanderman

Well rough ridin'-a right on the Klandyman too. Our DBs are just a bunch killers all around.

Not to say our CB’s and Malone aren’t in really good shape.  I’ll never worry about our DB room as long as Klieman is around l.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 27, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »

Shocking assessment from born loser squawk/longhorn that calling Memphis a crap hole is somehow a thing. Shocking, I tell you!