Author Topic: Coaching Search 2018  (Read 34385 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search 2018
« Reply #225 on: November 28, 2018, 03:15:38 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I personally would hate to be judged for the rest of my professional life based on what my parents did or did not do at their work.

He was on the staff for eight years

I don't know about you guys but I personally would hate to be judged for the rest of my professional life based on what my boss did or did not do at their work.

I would, too. That is why I'd probably call the police if my boss were actively covering up rapes and asking me to help keep things quiet.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Search 2018
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »
It’s a pretty tough spot to call out a super popular head coach who also happens to be your dad, but yeah I agree we only really have one data point on the piece of crap scale and it doesn’t look good for him.

He didn't need to call out his father or the program, he was still in the program after his dad was fired. He was on the interim staff and if he wasn't going to apologize, he just needed to keep his mouth shut. He didn't do that, he started an active campaign that was essentially "you're with us or you're against us." Not only did his actions alienate victims that were still on campus but he neutered Jim Grobe who was there to clean up and start to move on.

Kendall Briles deserves the opportunity to make a living, so does his dad. I have a big issue with Kendall Briles and Ian McCaw are out there profiting off of what was accomplished by fostering an environment of permitting serial rape without even issuing a public apology.