Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 101419 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2018, 12:40:42 PM »
Really appreciate the guilty until proven innocent mindset

This is just too good coming from you :love:

Who is your guys pick to be the Joseph Goebbels of the dem party, that senator from Hawaii or Kristin Gillibrand???
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 28, 2018, 12:43:03 PM »
Of course it is, no one on earth expects Republicans to do the right thing

i expected them to do what was smart in terms of elections.  it appears i was wrong about that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 28, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »
The Big Tuck is so weird and random.

Yet he can never back up anything.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 28, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
This is a done deal

It was a pretty solid effort by the minority party to delay until the election but they came up just short

1) the minority party does not have the ability to create pre-existing sexual assaults where none existed.  2) there is still more than enough time to confirm a different nominee in the lame duck session - in the unlikely event that the pubs lose control of the senate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #654 on: September 28, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »

i expected them to do what was smart in terms of elections.  it appears i was wrong about that.

It was the smart move.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/kavanaugh-ford-hearings-everyone-lost-andrew-sullivan.html

Making Kavanaugh a martyr to the white Christian male hating leftist canal was the whole point.  And then Dems stupidity (as always)  fell for it. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 28, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
This is a done deal

It was a pretty solid effort by the minority party to delay until the election but they came up just short

1) the minority party does not have the ability to create pre-existing sexual assaults where none existed.  2) there is still more than enough time to confirm a different nominee in the lame duck session - in the unlikely event that the pubs lose control of the senate.

Vote hasn’t been taken 30 minutes after it was supposed to and talks of an fbi investigation now leaking out, may not have come up short after all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 28, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »
This is a done deal

(1) Of course not, but rather than become actively involved in determining the truth of the allegations, they strategized over how to maximize their effectiveness during the nomination process. Neither side cares about the truth and it’s gross.

(2) Republicans seem to be banking on that.

I’ll agree with you on this much, sys, Republicans DNGAF about scoring political points here other than the ones they will score by getting Kav confirmed. I’m a bit surprised by that still but it seems irrefutable at this point.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #657 on: September 28, 2018, 12:59:10 PM »
And here comes WW with information that completely destroys what I just called irrefutable...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 28, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
person a- you attempted to rape me

person b- why are you accusing me of attempting to rape you! you must be a democrat! you are ruining MY life!

person a- ?

most humans-  :sdeek:

republicans-   :Woot: :emawkid:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 28, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »

person b- why are you accusing me of attempting to rape you! you must be a democrat! you are ruining MY life!

person a- ?

Translation:  We can accuse anyone we weirdly perceive as a political enemy of anything we want to without question and without providing any credible evidence beyond an accusation

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 28, 2018, 01:09:34 PM »
And here comes WW with information that completely destroys what I just called irrefutable...

Jeff Flake said he wants an investigation and voted to advance Kavanaugh out of committee on the understanding that an investigation will take place before Mitch McConnell brings it to a vote on the senate floor. That doesn't actually mean Mitch is going to delay the vote for a week to get an investigation, but he faces about a 3-4% risk of Flake actually voting no if that vote comes up prior to an investigation.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 28, 2018, 01:10:45 PM »
Welp he’s out of committee...must think they have 50 votes
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 28, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
Welp he’s out of committee...must think they have 50 votes

no, that was the agreement with flake - he agreed to move him out of committee on the understanding that he'll vote no on the floor if there isn't an fbi investigation.

obviously flake can change his mind or there may not be another pub+manchin that will vote no, in which case it doesn't matter.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 28, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
unless flake flakes on this or unless he has murkowski in his pocket, mcconnell's reputation as a floor genius has to take a hit.  they wasted weeks refusing to let the fbi investigate and then after all the whining about delays end up delaying themselves.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:23 PM »
amazing that the dumb money take is that they were both credible witnesses.

https://twitter.com/jessohackberry/status/1045728785428082689

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 28, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »

person a- ?

Translation:  We can accuse anyone we weirdly perceive as a political enemy of anything we want to without question and without providing any credible evidence beyond an accusation

there is no "we" dax. it's a single 50 year old female. there are however, multiple other women saying similar things about the guy. weird how nobody had an issue with Gorsuch. I guess the democrats must have loved him.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 28, 2018, 01:25:36 PM »

It was the smart move.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/kavanaugh-ford-hearings-everyone-lost-andrew-sullivan.html

Making Kavanaugh a martyr to the white Christian male hating leftist canal was the whole point.  And then Dems stupidity (as always)  fell for it.
Crazy how bad Sullivan as gotten

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 28, 2018, 01:27:18 PM »
there is no "we" dax. it's a single 50 year old female. there are however, multiple other women saying similar things about the guy. weird how nobody had an issue with Gorsuch. I guess the democrats must have loved him.

obviously, if there are multiple accusers, it becomes more likely that they are all making crap up as part of some ingenious conspiracy.  that's basic logic.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 28, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »

person a- ?

Yet what you're saying and you don't even realize it (tone deaf LibBot) is that no one can cast any doubt on the accuser, we HAVE to believe everything he/she says and HAVE to believe it all went down exactly has they say it did . . . even if it's nearly 40 years later and the details are, to say the least, few.   Therefore the accused is guilty . . . because we say so.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 28, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »
Poor Bill Cosby.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 28, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »

Yeesh, this is actually better for kav than I thought listening live. Imagine any other job interview going that poorly
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 28, 2018, 01:33:20 PM »
unless flake flakes on this or unless he has murkowski in his pocket, mcconnell's reputation as a floor genius has to take a hit.  they wasted weeks refusing to let the fbi investigate and then after all the whining about delays end up delaying themselves.

It's possible, but I think unlikely Mitch's reputation will take a hit unless Kav doesn't get confirmed.  Democrats have been spinning their wheels and refusing to participate in the investigation process because they're afraid it will undermine their calls for an FBI investigation.  Now Republicans can conduct the investigation (which is the only point anyone will remember Dems making during the hearing) and once it ends with no real information can say "welp, we had a hearing, we did the FBI investigation, guess there's nothing else to do but vote" over Dem objections that they should get another hearing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 28, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »
Judiciary hearings are not job interviews, how many times does this have be said?

Always enjoy when LibBot Nation rolls into non reality.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 28, 2018, 01:35:59 PM »

Yeesh, this is actually better for kav than I thought listening live. Imagine any other job interview going that poorly

I suppose trump's campaign went even worse and a bunch of dumbos still decided to hire him
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite