Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 101562 times)

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #600 on: September 27, 2018, 11:05:03 PM »
 :lol: too bad they don’t have any say
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 27, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »
Somebody shop Kav’s face on Svi’s body as he one dribbles from half court for the game-winner
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 28, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
I’m a bit surprised they’re still not having the FBI do a background check. Republicans got Democrats to overcommit to that position yesterday despite everyone knowing it won’t  turn up anything.

It definitely looks at this point they’d rather confirm Kav than improve their political positions.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 28, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
Why do Republicans reward lying under oath so often?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 28, 2018, 09:16:47 AM »

because it's a garbage party, hth
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #605 on: September 28, 2018, 09:23:59 AM »

What reward is Ford getting?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 28, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
i didn't realize that the person called squi who drawled out the f in eff was also the person who whelan said was kavanaugh's doppelganger and also the person that blasey ford said introduced her to kavanaugh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 28, 2018, 10:33:50 AM »
i'm guessing this has already been discussed, but is it weird to anyone except me that the republicans are turning multiple accusations of sexual assault and attempted rape into a partisan issue? also, why would kavanaugh not want a quick fbi investigation? I would want everyone in the world investigating this if I knew I was innocent.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 28, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »
i'm guessing this has already been discussed, but is it weird to anyone except me that the republicans are turning multiple accusations of sexual assault and attempted rape into a partisan issue? also, why would kavanaugh not want a quick fbi investigation? I would want everyone in the world investigating this if I knew I was innocent.

I think they want to get this over with as quickly as possible to keep it from either A) being pushed into the next year when the Republicans may not have a majority or B) becoming an issue that encourages women to vote.

The more cynical answer would be that they don't want Mark Judge to have to answer questions and would rather rely on his statement made with the assistance of Republican staffers.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 28, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
Yeah the idea is they want to push this through before midterms

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 28, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »
why would kavanaugh not want a quick fbi investigation? I would want everyone in the world investigating this if I knew I was innocent.

A point I read online: an FBI investigation could probably never prove that Kavdog did it, but could realistically disprove Ford's allegation.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 28, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
why would kavanaugh not want a quick fbi investigation? I would want everyone in the world investigating this if I knew I was innocent.

A point I read online: an FBI investigation could probably never prove that Kavdog did it, but could realistically disprove Ford's allegation.

What information did this article say the FBI could find that hasn’t been covered to date?

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 28, 2018, 10:44:21 AM »
it weird to anyone except me that the republicans are turning multiple accusations of sexual assault and attempted rape into a partisan issue?

Not surprised at all. It's Trump's party now!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »

What information did this article say the FBI could find that hasn’t been covered to date?

They would do things like pin down dates of events and where everyone was on those dates. They would also interview Judge.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 28, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »

The most convincing point I've read (which was covered ITT already) is that Kav had an audience of one yesterday.  Even if he wanted an FBI investigation, he wanted to avoid at all costs saying anything that would undermine Trump's decision not to have the FBI investigate further.  If it were me (and I didn't do it) I'd probably be quiet right now if it looked like I was going to get confirmed.  Then after confirmation I'd release a statement saying I want the FBI and local authorities to investigate absolutely everything.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 28, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
yeah BK does NOT want the FBI taking a statement from his super gross/pervy buddy Judge

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 28, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
FYI - No one thinks the FBI is going to turn up anything useful.

Source: no one is calling for an actual investigation of the alleged crimes from authorities who could actually bring charges (and they could, there is no statute of limitations for this kind of thing).

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 28, 2018, 10:57:32 AM »

They would do things like pin down dates of events and where everyone was on those dates. They would also interview Judge.

I agree they could interview Judge, i laughed when you said pinning down dates but I think you may be serious?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 28, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »

I agree they could interview Judge, i laughed when you said pinning down dates but I think you may be serious?

Well, not get a complete account of what happened on every day of that summer or whatever. But after interviewing a bunch of people, they might be able to deduce certain things. Like, here's a weekend we know Kavdog was out of town, here's a weekend we know the alleged party couldn't have been, etc.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 28, 2018, 11:09:59 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 28, 2018, 11:12:34 AM »
Kavdog's frat boy bud is a huge liar, too? Never would have guessed.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1045705031301902337

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 28, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
The more cynical answer would be that they don't want Mark Judge to have to answer questions and would rather rely on his statement made with the assistance of Republican staffers.

i definitely think they don't want him answering questions.  at best because he would either take the fifth to avoid answering questions that would incriminate himself in activities that didn't involve kavanaugh or would answer in ways that might corroborate kavanaugh's account but also reveal the magnitude of the divergence between kavanaugh's lies about his drinking and youthful behavior.  at worst because his answers would not be helpful to kavanaugh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."