Author Topic: Remember the Kavanaugh!! Republican war cry in defeating ruthless Dems  (Read 101520 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kavanaugh hearing. Ugly bad optics for Democrats
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2018, 05:57:05 PM »
I distinctly remember the shame heaped upon Sotomayor for being a "spender not a saver" at the time was pretty loud.

I haven't heard any paternalistic finger wagging from Mankiw on Kavanaugh this time around.

i am happy to judge both sotomayor and kavanaugh as spendthrifts.  it is appalling and in a just world they would be cast aside for better, more frugal persons.

you are just jealous that they are essentially unfireable, have a very decent salary and a very generous set of benefits/pension.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
you are just jealous that they are essentially unfireable, have a very decent salary and a very generous set of benefits/pension.

how are they going to retire early and escape the governo-corporate breeder rat race without savings, kat kid?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »

how are they going to retire early and escape the governo-corporate breeder rat race without savings, kat kid?

Private loans that don’t get repaid
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »
And if/when nothing comes of it, the left will just totally accept the job done by Trump's FBI?

also, i have to say, "we're not going to conduct a fair and impartial investigation into the merits because they other side would never accept the results." is not a very good position.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2018, 06:07:16 PM »

if kavanaugh bilks some anti-abortion lunatic billionaires of millions and absconds to ecuador after a year or two on the supreme court, my respect for him will increase immeasurably.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »

if kavanaugh bilks some anti-abortion lunatic billionaires of millions and absconds to ecuador after a year or two on the supreme court, my respect for him will increase immeasurably.

Wife’s 401K = $1,000    Credit Card Debt: 25K :lol:

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:57 PM »
And if/when nothing comes of it, the left will just totally accept the job done by Trump's FBI?

also, i have to say, "we're not going to conduct a fair and impartial investigation into the merits because they other side would never accept the results." is not a very good position.

Do you fault Feinstein for sitting on the information while the investigation was ongoing?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
Do you fault Feinstein for sitting on the information while the investigation was ongoing?

if i accept feinstein's account at face value - that ford wished to remain anonymous, then no, she would have had no right to force ford into the spotlight.  if i assume that she is lying for some reason, then it's probably not a very good reason and she probably behaved poorly.  i don't have any factual basis for choosing between those possibilities although i don't intuitively think it advantages the democrats to delay - i think it would have been advantageous for democrats to have introduced the allegation earlier.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2018, 07:24:22 PM »
So you’re not aware that she shared the accusations with the FBI when Ford Still said she wanted to remain anonymous?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
So you’re not aware that she shared the accusations with the FBI when Ford Still said she wanted to remain anonymous?

my understanding, and i admit i haven't paid a ton of attention to the feinstein details, is that she forwarded the letter she had re. ford to the fbi after it came to light elsewhere and ford then agreed to be exposed (after being exposed was going to happen regardless).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »
i guess you could suspect that feinstein, or someone in her office, leaked the letter to force ford out, but i'm not aware of any reason to suspect that.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2018, 07:36:09 PM »
If you are a Federal Judge, you basically have a lifetime pension and very good benefits. You won't get "rich" but you can absolutely leverage your government guaranteed annuity for some immediate cash. I certainly won't judge you for it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
its like, they already have the retired lifestyle and they are guaranteed their benefits, why not party now? You don't know if your lifetime of sitting on a bench will catch up with you when you get winded quail hunting.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
I haven’t seen anything indicating Feinstein received Ford’s permission to release the letter before she did so.

And agree we may never know who leaked the info to the press “necessitating” the release. I mean, all we have is a Democratic senator’s office repeatedly pleading for permission to release the letter and then later releasing it in response to an unknown leak of the letter which happened to come at the last possible moment of the confirmation proceedings.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2018, 07:51:39 PM »
I haven’t seen anything indicating Feinstein received Ford’s permission to release the letter before she did so.

And agree we may never know who leaked the info to the press “necessitating” the release. I mean, all we have is a Democratic senator’s office repeatedly pleading for permission to release the letter and then later releasing it in response to an unknown leak of the letter which happened to come at the last possible moment of the confirmation proceedings.

yeah, after reading up on it now, it appears that feinstein forwarded the letter to the fbi after the existence of the letter was published and after other democrats started pressuring her to do something with it, but before ford agreed to be outed.

so, if forwarding the letter to the fbi would have caused, or would have been likely to cause, ford's identity to be revealed, then feinstein should not have done so until a couple of days later than she did - after either the press outed ford or ford outed herself before the press could get to it.

otoh, if if forwarding the letter to the fbi would not have caused, or would not have been likely to cause, ford's identity to be revealed, then feinstein probably should have forwarded the letter earlier (probably because if ford still would have not wanted it forwarded, even knowing it would not beome public, then feinstein should still have not forwarded it).

i think the former is more likely, but i'm not completely sure.  so my judgement based on what i know/surmise now is that she probably released it a couple of days too soon, probably in response to pressure from dem colleagues.

if she or her staff leaked it, obviously that was wrong.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »
The fbi isn't investigating this, bc (a) it isn't their jurisdiction, and (b) there's nothing to investigate. The accuser (shrink who needs is seeing shrink for head shrinking purposes) can't remember when or where or who was present for an incident that supposedly occurred 36 years ago. Further, she won't tesify before an NON PARTISAN congressional committee comprised of 11 pubs and 10 dems without absurd conditions. There is no legitimate basis for this refusal, and only absurd excuses are offered.

The overt and obvious political implications of this make this charade even more implausible bc of the absurd precedent it would set.

The entire notion that the sort of assault alleged was normal in 1982 (complete fiction) somehow implies guilt on the part of the accused is probably the most disgusting premise of this era(thanks metoo psycopaths). If the pubs placate to this abject and unfounded character assassination, they deserve to lose the SCOTUS and legislative branch of government.

Congrats in advance BK. You're willingness to testify again, for no reason atall, is the only thing even remotely honorable about this entire crap show.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 21, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »
Maybe Kavvy told them her name.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
He's a louse. He has no honor.

whoa.  he's lost wittes.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »

That should be easy enough to investigate.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2018, 08:41:42 PM »

That should be easy enough to investigate.

You just have to ask Kavvy under oath.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2018, 08:45:12 PM »
Totalitarianism: the accused bears the burden of proof. From a "lawyer". Despicable

"Kavanaugh Bears the Burden of Proof"
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd