Author Topic: Worried  (Read 21134 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Worried
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
I’ve seen my share of terrible football, but I have never seen so many horrible mistakes, costly officiating errors, and just bad luck all combined in one game. Ever. This must be what Iowa State feels like all the time. We even fumbled at the end when all we really needed to do was take a knee.

I guess the only positives I can find are (1) our kicking game, (2) Thompson showed some grit when the game was on the line, and (3) we somehow avoided the most embarrassing loss in the Snyder era.

Our defense is horrific. Our o-line isn’t much better. Buckle up for a rough season.

Aside from Shelley getting torched in the first half and Sullivan leaving the game, I saw a lot to like about the defense.

We gave up about 300 passing yards and 20 first downs to an FCS team. That’s horrific. But I guess congrats on finally getting stops in the second half. After going down 12 points to an FCS team.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2018, 10:57:52 PM »
The entire team, and coaching staff should run stairs to the crack of dawn!  :lol:
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2018, 10:58:03 PM »
I’ve seen my share of terrible football, but I have never seen so many horrible mistakes, costly officiating errors, and just bad luck all combined in one game. Ever. This must be what Iowa State feels like all the time. We even fumbled at the end when all we really needed to do was take a knee.

I guess the only positives I can find are (1) our kicking game, (2) Thompson showed some grit when the game was on the line, and (3) we somehow avoided the most embarrassing loss in the Snyder era.

Our defense is horrific. Our o-line isn’t much better. Buckle up for a rough season.

Aside from Shelley getting torched in the first half and Sullivan leaving the game, I saw a lot to like about the defense.

We gave up about 300 passing yards and 20 first downs to an FCS team. That’s horrific. But I guess congrats on finally getting stops in the second half. After going down 12 points to an FCS team.

It was 250 yards and they did throw it 56 times. I liked the new guys Kevion and Patton. I thought Walker looked good too which is great news after a down season last year. Four turnovers gave their offense a lot more life.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »
They only had two timeouts and Barnes had already fumbled twice in the game. Lost one and the other luckily barely got out of bounds. Giving him the ball in that situation was so beyond stupid I don’t know what to say.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2018, 11:01:37 PM »

It was 250 yards and they did throw it 56 times. I liked the new guys Kevion and Patton. I thought Walker looked good too which is great news after a down season last year. Four turnovers gave their offense a lot more life.

Fair enough. But it just felt like they gave up waaaay too many damned third and longs tonight.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2018, 11:05:53 PM »
some of you are probably thinking - "wait, willie can't do full, deep pushups, you fool.  because of his oversized head."  well, i'm sorry, willie apologists, all he has to do is move forward on the platform so that the head hangs off.  it's a non-issue.

How heavy is the oversized head? Maybe hanging the head off of the platform is a no-go because of weight distribution? The guy has scrawny arms, I’m worried that he is very top heavy and would cause (more) embarrassment for our university.  ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2018, 11:40:30 PM »

I guess the only positives I can find are (1) our kicking game, (2) Thompson and Zuber showed some grit when the game was on the line, and (3) we somehow avoided the most embarrassing loss in the Snyder era.

I think the Auburn game might have been worse in terms of costly mistakes

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2018, 11:49:16 PM »

Fair enough. But it just felt like they gave up waaaay too many damned third and longs tonight.

We've been giving up third and longs left and right for the last ten years. We've given up more third and longs than any team I've ever seen. It's gotten to the point where I'm more nervous on a third and ten than a third and three. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2018, 07:10:43 AM »

I guess the only positives I can find are (1) our kicking game, (2) Thompson and Zuber showed some grit when the game was on the line, and (3) we somehow avoided the most embarrassing loss in the Snyder era.

I think the Auburn game might have been worse in terms of costly mistakes

Had to settle for three red zone field goals against an FCS team, including a dropped wide open TD pass that my mom could have made during TG touch football.

4-0 turnover ratio, including one when taking a knee would have sealed the game. And a fifth fumble out of bounds.

An 85 yard punt return called back on an illegal block that was both ticky tack and did not affect the play. A 60 yard interception negated by a phantom pass interference call.

A bobbled pass for an INT.

13 PENALTIES FOR 129 YARDS.

That’s just off the top of my head. Last night was a nightmare combination of things going wrong. And I’m not even including the fact that our defense played like dogshit for over half the game. Very lucky to have won.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:54:07 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2018, 08:09:38 AM »

I mean, 10 of those points, 7 specifically, were not the defense's fault but ok
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2018, 08:13:57 AM »
What was everyone’s favorite worst moment last night? For me, I think it was the interception negated by a bullshit pass interference call, capped off with an extra 15yds for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2018, 08:16:01 AM »
Honest question: are they actually the more talented team?  I think they might be, even if we miraculously come back to win.

Yes, they were.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2018, 08:16:20 AM »
Honest question: are they actually the more talented team?  I think they might be, even if we miraculously come back to win.

if we miraculously come back to win that will prove that we're the more talented team.

This is not true.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 02, 2018, 08:18:06 AM »
The defense rebounded nicely, and they were put in terrible situations for most of the game.

If they could clean up the turnovers, penalties, and actually punch it into the endzone in the first half, obv a totally different game, but that is a lot to clean up.

Really, they looked almost nervous and disjointed the whole game. It wasn't really until the punt return they seemed to relax and actually play. It was like they were trying so hard to not make a mistake, that they made mistakes.

The offense still at times looked like it flows better with Delton, but Thompson got the job done. Zuber was great. Rest of the wide receivers need to learn to catch the ball. The one that gave up the bobbled INT should still be running this morning. Same with the damn tight end.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2018, 08:18:42 AM »
One video board has herpes and another is drunk

That was the weirdest thing. There were two giant rows of pixels out in the NW board and the NE one was stuck playing highlights.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2018, 08:19:10 AM »
What was everyone’s favorite worst moment last night? For me, I think it was the interception negated by a bullshit pass interference call, capped off with an extra 15yds for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Yeah, that was really up there. Barnes' late fumble probably is it for me.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2018, 08:23:27 AM »
Oh yeah, Lynch is a giant 5'5" stud

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2018, 09:21:35 AM »
Maybe this is like the 1997 Ohio game when I was all like wtf how did we only beat this team by 3 but then we went on to be awesome that year anyway?

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »
The delay of game on the cats final drive on 3rd and inches was mind bogglingly stupid. Offense hasn't moved the ball all game and just decides to make it harder. What were they saving the timeouts for?

Also, was that PI call at the end of the game legit? Looked like bullshit to me.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »
another would be in not playing barnes, who is the slowest person i have ever seen play football on tv.

He probably could have had 1 or 2 long TD runs if he had reasonable speed.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2018, 09:34:02 AM »
The delay of game on the cats final drive on 3rd and inches was mind bogglingly stupid. Offense hasn't moved the ball all game and just decides to make it harder. What were they saving the timeouts for?

Also, was that PI call at the end of the game legit? Looked like bullshit to me.

Bills justification after the game was there was too much time left for them to call timeout. That if we got the first we couldn’t run the clock out. That was basically his answer to why we got the delay. :confused:

It was not legit. The WR pulled our DB down(can’t remember who it was) with his arm. I was going rough ridin' nuts on the side judge. He threw the flag before the play actually happened.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »
Maybe this is like the 1997 Ohio game when I was all like wtf how did we only beat this team by 3 but then we went on to be awesome that year anyway?

Or eastern Kentucky in 2011. Or like the majority of first games we’ve played under Grandpa Obsessive Compulsive
emaw

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
Pretty sure the bobbled catch for an INT was a metaphor for the entire game up to that point. The fumble when a knee would have sufficed was just horrendous... the fact our D let them get down to our side of the field was just embarrassing. Someone needs to send their kicker a diagonal hand-written note with purple ink and say thank you.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »
We need some purple kool-aid!

1. Blake Lynch made four FG's and all XP's and looked very good! 
2. Reggie Walker showed some burst.  Like the fact we are rotating DLineman so they are not dead at end of season from playing every snap.
3. McGee showed some cover skills.
4. Zuber has some skills in the return game and can be our go to receiver. 
5. We got all the crazy crap out of our system in the first game!!!
6. Skylar Thompson is very good in crunch time. 
7. Patton is much faster than Tanking and Kirby.  He will be a star after a few games.
8. Eli Walker may be the best athlete on defense.  Glad to see him on the field.
9. Our new long snappers had all good snaps...don't take this element for granted!
10. Defense pitched a shutout in the second half.

We are 1-0.  A win this week will have us all dancing. :billdance:

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »
Why has Duke Shelley regressed so much? They went after him all night and it worked. He seemed to behind the receiver all night.