Author Topic: Having trouble with your golf game?  (Read 17157 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble with your golf game?
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 09:25:52 AM »
hit too many duck hooks off the tee.  It makes me super mad

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
I'm gonna need you to find me a youtube video on this one. I'm 6'4", 215 and can only drive it about 215-220ish. My fairway 3 wood almost goes as far as some of my drives.  :curse: Irons have been $ this summer tho.
your driver sounds dead, snap your wrists like a baseball swing on contact and you should be 275-300 easy. also open your club face a bit so you can put some draw on it. ball travels father that way

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »

i tried switching to a very strong grip since i've been getting wrist pain, and suddenly became impossible to hit anything past a baby draw. sounds counter-intuitive though. i can be a bit of a hooker and thought i was going to hook it even more. any idea what's going on here gato/kslim?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »

Not a golf issue, you are always butthurt
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »
:thumbsup:

Good golfers have passive hands through impact Wacky, avoid being flippy it leads to inconsistency

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
I need video of myself. My #1 problem that I’ve told myself is being too tall for my clubs.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »
Club fitting for tall guys comes down to arm length, you would have to have really short arms for that to be the problem.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
I have long arms and long legs and the torso of a child.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
Can someone prescribe Tiger a remedy for his driver game?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »
Can someone prescribe Tiger a remedy for his driver game?
gato42 needs gato27

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2018, 10:09:05 PM »
I've been pulling everything.  Driver, irons, wedges.  Sometimes I pull hook.  I know that means I'm squaring the club face on an outside to inside path I just don't know how to fix it.  Tell me how to fix it.  And I don't want to do drills to fix it I just want to stand differently or something easy like that.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2018, 08:21:25 AM »
I've been pulling everything.  Driver, irons, wedges.  Sometimes I pull hook.  I know that means I'm squaring the club face on an outside to inside path I just don't know how to fix it.  Tell me how to fix it.  And I don't want to do drills to fix it I just want to stand differently or something easy like that.

When you address the ball draw an imaginary target line that bisects the golf ball,  pick out a spot on the ball inside that line to make contact with.  Keep adjusting that spot further inside until you stop pulling or start  block slicing lol.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2018, 03:51:52 AM »
have a really good tip. if you guys have a shaky backswing, hover the golf club at address for everything. irons, chipping, putting, everything. just hover it, and wait until your weak shaky hands stop moving, and then start your takeaway. smooths the backswing out like butter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2018, 09:01:26 AM »
I've moved up on the ball and now i'm hitting it 20-25 ft further and straiter. I should have done this all along.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2018, 09:52:41 AM »
I've moved up on the ball and now i'm hitting it 20-25 ft further and straiter. I should have done this all along.

You're supposed to stay out of the water :lol:

[Will delete my post when someone comes up with a better one]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2018, 09:58:39 AM »
You son of a b..... :shakesfist:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »
Gatobrags (multiple brags in one big brag) Last Sunday I’m playing the 2nd hardest hole at my country club  :gocho: it plays 432 yards from the back tees   :gocho:  slight dog leg to the left with water and tall trees guarding the left side and out of bounds to the right.  The wind was quartering behind me left to right at about 10 mph.  I lined up my driver about 10 yards left of the fairway over an enormously tall tree 260 yards away hoping the wind would push the ball back toward the fairway.  I hit the ball right on line but it stayed straight and initially thought I was boned in the trees a little bit too far left but when I get down there it’s about 10 yards left of the fairway in the thick rough but it was a bomb.  I ask one of my buddies to borrow his range finder (because in a drunken stupor I left mine in a cart at a scramble the week before).  The bushnell says I have 82 yards to the flag that is over a creek and tucked 5 paces behind a deep bunker.  I grab my 60 degree wedge line it up about 5 feet left of the flag to account for the wind and put a silky little 80% swing on it.  The ball comes out nicely and looks like it going to be pretty close but I couldn’t really tell if long or short because you can’t see the green over the bunker.  We get up there and there are 4 balls on the green but none are very close so I go look at a few possibilities but nope not my ball and you know what that means fellas only one place left to look  :gocho: I calmly plucked my ball out of the hole and casually mentioned to the guy next to me that it went in,  we finished the hole and outside of one guy that fist bumped me on the next tee box that was it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
Gatobrags (multiple brags in one big brag) Last Sunday I’m playing the 2nd hardest hole at my country club  :gocho: it plays 432 yards from the back tees   :gocho:  slight dog leg to the left with water and tall trees guarding the left side and out of bounds to the right.  The wind was quartering behind me left to right at about 10 mph.  I lined up my driver about 10 yards left of the fairway over an enormously tall tree 260 yards away hoping the wind would push the ball back toward the fairway.  I hit the ball right on line but it stayed straight and initially thought I was boned in the trees a little bit too far left but when I get down there it’s about 10 yards left of the fairway in the thick rough but it was a bomb.  I ask one of my buddies to borrow his range finder (because in a drunken stupor I left mine in a cart at a scramble the week before).  The bushnell says I have 82 yards to the flag that is over a creek and tucked 5 paces behind a deep bunker.  I grab my 60 degree wedge line it up about 5 feet left of the flag to account for the wind and put a silky little 80% swing on it.  The ball comes out nicely and looks like it going to be pretty close but I couldn’t really tell if long or short because you can’t see the green over the bunker.  We get up there and there are 4 balls on the green but none are very close so I go look at a few possibilities but nope not my ball and you know what that means fellas only one place left to look  :gocho: I calmly plucked my ball out of the hole and casually mentioned to the guy next to me that it went in,  we finished the hole and outside of one guy that fist bumped me on the next tee box that was it.

Wait, these were your buddies and only one guy acknowledged what happened? Get new buddies, cause that's a really damn good shot that deserves high 5's/bumps from everyone.

(cyber high 5 from me)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »
I don’t think I could hit my 60 degree 82 yards if my life depended on it
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 10:10:04 PM »

What club is this, big stick?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 03:20:33 AM »
FSD if I told you it was hole 13 would you know which one

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »
I have a tournament with my dad tomorrow in the flint hills. I would really appreciate all the T's and P's I can get from you guys. I don't want to let him down. I've really been driving my hips through the ball lately and it's been a real game changer. I still can't chip worth a crap tho.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
FSD if I told you it was hole 13 would you know which one

I can picture this hole, but cannot place it. Which makes me think I would not.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:45 PM »
CCC